Showdown statistical breakdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMGitstommy

01-13-2014

Brackhar, you classy mother trucker, you!

I first want to say thank you for making the game mode temporary. Although many people don't seem to understand the idea of plateau-ing, I think it makes perfect sense to halt a game mode if play time drastically DROPS and shows no sign of getting better. Pretty much the case with both modes.

Secondly, thank you for your honesty and openness. I can't think of any time Riot has done something like this.

Thirdly, I don't recall ever being asked any of those Micro Feedback Tool questions. Do you know if they worked for Mac users? I do understand we're a sliver of your user base, and probably would not have altered the data much anyway, though.

Brackhar

Features Designer

01-13-2014
11 of 17 Riot Posts

^^^
It should!

Heading home for now! I'll try to catch up some later tonight.

NocPat

01-13-2014

These game modes don't need a dedicated queue system.

Just put them as custom game choices permanently and everyone is happy.

Redeemed In Fire

01-13-2014

I'm just kind of frustrated because it feels like riot is saying "The players we have NOW don't seem to want a different mode, so we won't make it". What about expanding your playerbase? Other modes like 1v1 (*cough* and dominion *cough* which got abandoned) aim at a different playerbase, but Riot seems to be throwing it to a group that's happy with what they have then throwing their hands up when it obviously isn't a hit.

DarknessRizing

01-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNsNASmurf View Post
The only real addition Showdown needs is the Challenge: The ability to invite anyone in your post game screen to a showdown without needing to set one up or be friends. You're locked to the champions, runes, masteries and summoners you used last game.

Pretty much, I want a button that does "One V One me, Noob!" with a single press.
It would be pretty cool to challenge pros lol, but I doubt pros would have time for stuff like that so that probably wouldn't happen. Cool concept though, it could probably be implemented somehow.

Xohs

01-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
We want to try and do some things with Dominion via the auspices of featured game modes, we just need to figure out what first.
Could always give the mode ranked solo queue so that serious dominion players actually have something to invest their time in. You're not gonna keep the limited playerbase if you ignore them, and you're most certainly not gonna garner any new players by making it vulgarly clear you have such limited interest in the game mode.

Riot has constantly stated that the mode's popularity impacts its rate of changes greatly, but it's a vicious cycle. Both cause each other, it only goes downhill from there.

Apologizes for trailing away from the original topic.

JacksonSolo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2014

This makes me sick....

You cant even make it into a custom game mode... you cant even make one for all a custom game mode... who even wants a queue for it?

I don't get what Riot does with their time, no improvements over the last season and nothing to look forward to in the future.

The time you spent putting together all of this statistical **** could've set it up as a custom game mode.

I could really just go off and rage, but I don't even feeling like wasting anymore of my time on this game right now.

Denethros

01-13-2014

I have a perfectly legitimate question:

Why not just let all those game mode out there. Just keep releasing more.

Why would it matter if no one play them. Let them be so we can have that in custom game...

TibEriuSocTavIaN

01-13-2014

@Brakhar
I really appreciate the effort you've put in communicating to me and others on this forum and the Showdown/Magma Chamber forum. I understand the frustration as people (like me) do not understand the reasoning behind the decisions you've made and the statistics you collected. I know that you're probably busy right now refreshing-reading-replying-refreshing-etc. to both forums posts. I know some people aren't happy with the way you guys handled the raw data and decisions, but I am glad that you are putting tons of effort into keeping communications with the community during this time.

Jace77

01-13-2014

with the team select thing that was over on the pbe (haven't heard anything about it in a long time) where you can queue up as a champion for a role... could that be tuned to include bans? say i want to queue up as xerath for showdown but dont want to see a kassadin, fizz or leblanc. could you pick your champions and bans before getting into queue so that the game looks for 2 people who match up in similar ways? ie neither is playing someone the other banned.
i dont remember how flexible that was but it might be a good way to basically eliminate champion select for that game mode.

a reason for the low play% of showdown might be that some people don't like the concept of 1 v 1 or even 2 v 2. i know i refused to play it because i know my skill level in those situations is more... random (not good). I also vastly prefer multiplier or party style games. I play multiplayer commander / EDH exclusivly for this reason. i don't enjoy the competitive aspect of 1 v 1. where you either win or lose. no setting up someone for a downfall or someone else for a victory. just.... a loss or a win.