Showdown statistical breakdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostbitten

01-13-2014

where is all for FUN? this mode was amazing and fun....

Mandaari

01-13-2014

Can you show data on the popularity of TT, Dominion, and SR?

Quote:
•The amount of time spent in champion select was too long for how long the games were.
Personally I don't mind the short games, but I do hate draft mode. One of the reasons is the long time in champion select. I'd rather just pick my champ and be done with it.

Edit: I'm sitting in a 15 minute ARAM queue right now. Meanwhile Dominion draft queues exist.

Quote:
•Players wanted an experience more like top/mid/bot on SR.
And others don't. I probably wouldn't have played showdown if it was on SR.

Quote:
•It'd be great to have a ladder showing progress.
Agreed. It was fun to see my MMR go up in showdown, but doing so through Riot would be a lot easier.

HerobrinetameR

01-13-2014

Thanks for all the effort put into explaining this to us !!!

AFuzzyMuffin

01-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I can't speak to champion win rates, but I'd love to keep doing this for any of the featured game modes we do.
Do you see a CS practice mode in the future ever coming out?

Lemonjai

01-13-2014

I think the 1v1 and 2v2 would benefit more if people were learning lanes or incorporate into the tutorials

Dryad Soraka

01-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Well, you can see from the data that the play rate dropped off substantially after just two weeks for Showdown, and it didn't show signs of stopping. A few more weeks and we'd likely be looking at 20 minute queue times commonly, which is unacceptable for a 5 minute average game mode.
maybe because it was a boring game mode and we already have the ability to 1v1... stop ignoring One for All please.

Revolta

01-13-2014

I liked both modes,but to be honest i really think ALL FOR ONE shouldn't be in the classical map of summoners rift 5 vs 5.

Dunno,i think if the map was a bit more small,it would be more fun

Barbarian J

01-13-2014

Is having such low "time investment" really a problem with the Showdown mode? The second informational picture you give definitely shows that the time spent playing it was low, but what about the actual number of games?

"a 5 minute average game mode"

In the time I spend playing only one game of One for All, I could play three or four games of Showdown.

Does it mean my interest is low, just because the time spent is less? I understand that time spent is important, and I appreciate you sharing the data you have with us. But do you have anything to show about the number of games played? I'm sure you folks have done the number crunching with that as well that factored into your decisions, but I think that would be interesting to see and compare with the info we got in the OP.

Verandure

01-13-2014

Has there been internal discussion of allowing these for custom game modes once their cycle is done? People who run customs are accustomed to waiting for games to start, as well as the fact that it would be "custom".

If the rationale is server space for dedicated mode maps, then I got nothin' for ya.

WoodenSpider21

01-13-2014

one for all was the best x100 better than ranked, aram, w/e bring it back now