Showdown statistical breakdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LVNsNASmurf

01-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Yeah, that'd be a pretty cool addition. I'll bring it up with the team.
Thanks. It's always a bit awkward to exit the post game screen, add the player as a friend, set up a custom game, and then, there is nothing locking you to what you used last.

Showdown is fun, as it's a very Pure lane phase game experience. I used it to practice my laning with some weaker laners (kassadin).

Sazzy2412

01-13-2014

yay all for one is epic
but this time plz put karthus and teemo mode plz
it will not hurt al east i think
unless all karthuses ult at same time
then that become scary o_0

kingphillip

01-13-2014

I can see why One For All tappered off. Thats when the same champions were getting pick. Hopefully you take the suggestions so when One for All comes back it can get rid of some of the anti fun mechanics. As for showdown iam no so sure that many people enjoyed it. At least from what I saw and experienced.

If I were Jesus

01-13-2014

People on Mac clients have issues with the Howling Abyss, otherwise I'd play it more.
The Mac client in general sucks, actually.

The MechE

01-13-2014

Nice data, even without axis labels.

Thanks for sharing the data with the community.

I wonder what the play time on HA and TT look like.

Amatzikahni

01-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
the excuse that they lost because of the health packs or brush differences
This was the main reason why I disliked the mode after playing it a few dozen times; I learned that the meta was for strong brush champions to shove and abuse the brush, or just strong pushers in general to shove and steal both health packs, and there was little that the opponent could do since there was no way to combat either mechanic (no wards and a terrible CD on the trinket).
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingphillip View Post
I can see why One For All tappered off. Thats when the same champions were getting pick.
This, too. The game mode got stale when we saw the same champions being picked, and I just hoped that neither team picked one of the few remaining "top tier" champs after the six bans went through.

yodasonics

01-13-2014

Well, One for All is more of a game that you can just play for fun like ARAM. One the other hand, 1v1/2v2 games are taken more seriously and would probably get a lot more attention if there was a ranked queue for it.

lceIceBaby

01-13-2014

I don't really agree with "if we leave them permanent, queue times will be atrocious".

Because it doesn't take into account the fact that people haven't had a lot of time to get used to it. And let's face it, people will always play those two modes.

The MechE

01-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lceIceBaby View Post
I don't really agree with "if we leave them permanent, queue times will be atrocious".

Because it doesn't take into account the fact that people haven't had a lot of time to get used to it. And let's face it, people will always play those two modes.
I think another reason they don't want to do it is because it'd be kind of a burden for them to support ALL the future game modes they may potentially bring in the future.

It might become a mess if they preserve every single game mode they bring in. Can you imagine like 16 game modes being preserved? The queue times would be painful. And I wonder what supporting all those modes would take.

Ithrowrocksatchi

01-13-2014

Fix servers
they suck
frequent disconnects is bad