New E-mail Verification System Bug.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illuminatian

01-11-2014

Hello all, I recently tried to activate the new email verification system Riot started, however whenever I try to have the website send the verification email, nothing ever arrives. Not sure if the system is just realllly delayed right now or if it's not working. I've attempted to resend it multiple times, and have waited hours now with nothing received. Anyone else been encountering this, or is it just me?

Veruco

Associate Product Manager

01-11-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Who is your email provider? Depending on your provider it can take seconds or up to 48 hours to arrive. I was just able to send verification emails to hotmail and gmail. Be sure to check your spam, just in case

Illuminatian

01-11-2014

Sorry it took a while to get back to you, I use Gmail and it still hasn't showed up in either my normal inbox or spam. Very odd. I even double and triple checked to make sure I have the right email address set.

Illuminatian

01-12-2014

Update: Tried again today and it almost instantly worked. Maybe it was just being buggy yesterday. Anyways, thanks for the help Veruco!

Veruco

Associate Product Manager

01-13-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Good to hear! We're finding scattered reports of some people getting significant delays in receiving their email. We're not 100% sure if this is on our end or the email providers'. Either way, we're looking into this