Upcoming Irelia Changes Request

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WorstVayneMars

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
I really hope something is done for Irelia this season. I don't know, it has become almost standard for champions to be nerfed into the ground then left there for a rework for multiple years now. Heimer, Poppy, Sion, Shaco, pretty much any champion Riot deems problematic is nerfed into the ground then left to rot. Only the most egregious cases like Eve and Olaf are looked at quickly... well for Riot time anyways, Eve still took over a year and Olaf took something like nine months? This really needs to improve. I know this isn't your fault and I'm sorry for taking it out on you, its just that Riot playing favorites with game balance has really ruined this game for me.

Also this, really happy to hear Morello might have been completely wrong.
I wouldn't put all my faith in no complete overhaul. Plans change as another red had posted, but I really hope they keep us involved in the project.

Arafotab

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Shibo View Post
irelia mains are delusional. irelia does not have a f*cking "identity". true damage and lifegain on every auto is not an identity. never being punished for getting forced under tower is not an identity. free tenacity and targetted gapcloser for faceroll dives is not an identity. spammable ult that is impossible to miss with is not an identity.

irelia's only "identity" is her T&A and the fact that she was at one point completely broken.

irelia got gutted because of her toxic, overloaded kit and the game is far better off because of it. they made her far stronger than any top laner has any right to be, they sold a bunch of skins, and then they nerfed the **** out of her. you irelia mains got exactly what you deserved.
In a way, this is pretty true, even though people don't want to agree with it

Take almost any champ and you'll have a pretty coherent theme
Mundo - oversized hulk dude that tanks everything
Annie - evil little girl that blows you up with flames + teddy bear
Ashe - long range ice archer

From looking at them and seeing a bit of their abilities, you can quickly assume that Mundo is a tank, Annie has lots of burst damage, and ashe freezes you from long distances

Then there's Irelia
Irelia - girl with floating swords that dashes around and slashes people

From looking at her abilities and theme, many would assume that she's a squishy assassin. But she's actually a tank

It would also be hard to assume that she forever sustains herself. Why does she do that? Just because

She also has true damage, tenacity boost, and a situational stun. Just because

---

Irelia is just a bunch of different mechanics thrown together and called a champion. She doesn't have a identity or theme to her character, she's just a slew of various mechanics thrown together used as a prototype bruiser, as Morello has mentioned before

Lol and I bet Irelia carries U still hates me for that Irelia rework thread :O

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-12-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelia Carries U View Post
i see, at least its not a complete overhaul like morello made it sound a while ago ;p
just to be clear, 'more than a small number adjustment or two' could include anything from reworking one ability up to redoing her whole kit—it means that it's more than a couple of days worth of time, and that's about all it means as far as ruling out possibilities.

until someone starts working on her in earnest, i couldn't really say which other kit update (master yi, katarina, trundle, ahri, etc) irelia's would be like.

Hermster422

01-12-2014

gg

Uchi Me

01-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
just to be clear, 'more than a small number adjustment or two' could include anything from reworking one ability up to redoing her whole kit—it means that it's more than a couple of days worth of time, and that's about all it means as far as ruling out possibilities.

until someone starts working on her in earnest, i couldn't really say which other kit update (master yi, katarina, trundle, ahri, etc) irelia's would be like.
riot is just lazy smh

medulla00

01-12-2014

Hi rickless. since you are here, I've noticed two things that may need a fix (or an explanation)
Nami: Whenever you die while casting her ult, the ulti seems to get cancelled but it goes on cooldown. It doesn't happen with other champs ult (Cait's goes on a 5sec CD and Ez/Lux take place even if they die while casting it). The bubble also does some weird things if you die while the bubble is in the air. Sometimes it knocks up and other it just completely dissapear.
Volibear: If you level up W while it's on max stacks, he doesn't get the new AS until you lose the stacks and gather it again. I know that an extra 9% AS is unnoticeable early game, but it's still some sort of bug.
Thanks for taking your time to answer threads in the forum

thebloody7

01-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post

yea we all know Riot is slow as **** since it took over 6 months of internal testing just to end up with a +8 sec on Darius ult... MAN WHAT A BUFF!

ratminer

01-12-2014

i have to agree that "irelia the floating blade champ" doesnt really fit well with any of her skills except for her ult, and thats only because of the animation.
She has floating blades, but she can only do things in melee range?? wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!?

just throwing an idea out there, but what if her blades acted like orianna's ball
it actually creates an identity which fits with her current art design
either that or switch her weapon to some melee weapon

Ralik098

01-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratminer View Post
i have to agree that "irelia the floating blade champ" doesnt really fit well with any of her skills except for her ult, and thats only because of the animation.
She has floating blades, but she can only do things in melee range?? wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!?

just throwing an idea out there, but what if her blades acted like orianna's ball
it actually creates an identity which fits with her current art design
either that or switch her weapon to some melee weapon
If Riot changes Irelia from a mobile melee-anticarry into something else like a ranged mage I will be super pissed, please no. The people playing Irelia don't care that much if her theme matches her kit or not. If that is the problem then change the lore to match her kit. Don't take a cool champion kit and ruin it because a few people, that don't even play her, don't like that her kit doesn't make her into what is basically a mage.

Blaine Tog

01-12-2014

Irelia like you.