When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

01-11-2014

Can we ask the question that really matters?

Where's Morello? All of the current reds lack the pizazz of a good old conversation with Morello.

Azmodeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Can we ask the question that really matters?

Where's Morello? All of the current reds lack the pizazz of a good old conversation with Morello.
Reddit.

Better Ban Sona

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I appreciate your apology. Let's do a quick activity - what do you think are the best priorities for the live balance team?

Then we'll go over the bullet points and see if perhaps you really do understand the scope of everything - or perhaps there's pieces you dont know about.
I want to participate too

1) Game breaking glitches. If anything pops up on live that can be exploited, it needs to be disabled and fixed as soon as possible. A recent example would be the Amumu abuse of the runic shield mastery.

2) Creating a healthy gameplay situation by maintaining balance among widely used characters. Many times characters are often used because they are strong in the current meta, and not because they are overtoned. Sometimes it is ok to let a character remain strong for a while and see how the public reacts and changes their gameplay to accommodate.

3) Perpetuate role diversity by experimenting with mechanics changes for different roles. Drive wedges between roles by making characters more unique, while still mixing roles to accommodate what different types of players want fulfilled. For example, the support class underwent a load of changes recently, many of which I do not care for personally, but I understand why the live balance team would take it in this direction. They are trying to solidify the support role into their own utility class, and even if they feel slightly undertoned right now, the levers are in place to fix this, and the game can be healthier as a whole.

4) Nerfing overpowered champions. If enough research is done and a champion is really deemed to strong, maybe its time to remove a little power in the proper areas. (I feel many times this isn't necessarily done right, but that's my personal opinion).

5) Buffing champions that have remained slightly weak. Often times a few small changes here and there can bring a champion back into the limelight, for example the mana buffs to Nasus.

6) Buffing vastly underplayed and underpowered champions. These are often champions that used to be overpowered, and were nerfed into "Eve tier" due to their nature. Fixes often take a lot of work, and the dedicated fanbase usually seems 50/50 on the results.

How did I do?

IceFire360

01-11-2014

Any teases on the next champion?

Hellioning

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Ban Sona View Post
How did I do?
You put a lot more effort into that then I probably should have. Xelnath, respond to him over me, if you only have to choose one.

Elewd

01-11-2014

Quote:
s.

6) Buffing vastly underplayed and underpowered champions. These are often champions that used to be overpowered, and were nerfed into "Eve tier" due to their nature. Fixes often take a lot of work, and the dedicated fanbase usually seems 50/50 on the results.

How did I do?
i just wanted to throw this out there regarding this, but im pretty sure issues with this would fall under the relaunch team, along with sivir poppy Urgot skarner and xerath(? hes kinda done)

hashinshin

01-11-2014

Here would be MY priorities for balance:

Rebalancing the ADC to be more than a ranged auto attack platform. More ADCs like Ezreal and Caitlyn with character and unique traits, less ADCs like Lucian and Jinx that do little beyond do absolutely broken amounts of damage while sitting there beating on you such that melee need to get outrageously tanky to survive, and ADCs need to get outrageously squishy to survive. Very few people enjoy the current situation, yet it's the only one we have.

Nerfing LW and VS to only penetrate 40% of armor/MR from items, but in turn reducing the amount of armor/MR on items. This would reduce the late game damage-always-wins of LoL while also making it so people without LW/VS would do more damage. This would reduce the uber tanky 1-2 tank item before LW/VS that can't be killed because he got a big armor/MR item. It would smooth the game over so there wasn't a sudden massive spike in damage, but there also wasn't a sudden massive spike in tankiness.

Nerfing Renekton's early game in return for more late game power.

I would look in to what Xelnath is always so angry about. Is it his shirt? Did he put his shirt on backwards and it's been driving him crazy all day?

Felverick

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
@ Riot

Would any of you ever be willing to join (either as a participant or a join shoutcaster) some Ranked workshops we host with the community?

It's not a huge event but we do it consistently every Sunday afternoon and area always looking for new people to join from both ends of the spectrum.

Basically we pair up people of similar rating in assigned roles, host a mock tournament and shoutcast the matches offering specific advice on areas where they should focus their improvement as well as insight into how the play their chosen role more successfully (with a focus on carrying solo queue)

I know you guys are busy but it would be absolutely phenomenal if we were able to attract extra participation (in any form)
Yeah any contribution would be appreciated! We do the workshop ever sunday and have for a long time.

redz

01-11-2014

Quote:
How did I do?
not aimed at me, but since i am almost a red (nickname) i will reply.

i used to work at some online gaming here on my country. you remind me of people who were trying to get into my good side in order to get online poweeeers (that meant job, a position) lol.

anyway, keep following you dream and writing fancy and technical. hope you succeed.

Better Ban Sona

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
You put a lot more effort into that then I probably should have. Xelnath, respond to him over me, if you only have to choose one.
As I said, I hope to apply for a position in live balance in the coming months. I've got some loose ends to tie up before I can though (gotta hit gold, finishing side projects that will vastly impact my resume, etc)