When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellioning

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Ban Sona View Post
Wait, was this serious though? o.O

I mean super serious? Er, a lot of important stuff gets moved or deleted now days >.<
I have to agree. We must have very different definitions of 'important' because threads I think deserve a red response get nothing as compared to joke threads. I mean, it's great that rioters play with the community, but it's a tad disheartening to look at the red tracker and get one game related question as compared to five or six 'count to 1000 before a red posts' or something.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

01-11-2014
72 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Blackrook View Post
The only problem I see with this is it's not scalable. The whole live balance team fits in a corner of one floor of our offices and there are millions of people who would love to talk to them just as much as you. These forums are not a great way to handle that sort of situation. I can see how a lot of people prefer Reddit so there is some sort of democratic process of determining how much one post about Shyvanna actually represents the whole community.

I believe that's why the Beta Forums are trying to replicate that democratic feel to them. On the current forums we really have no efficient way of determining whether a 50 page thread is actually popular or if it's just a few angry players bumping it on a cycle.
Yup... after working alongside the core gameplay team (balance, summoners rift features, seasons, etc) I really trust the work they do overall. Plus if they make a mistake and a champion doesn't turn out the way they want it - they will fix it over time.

I don't have access to shyvana's numbers, but the changes *always* feel like an attack on you - but they generally help make the game a lot healthier. Its easy to lose perspective in a single match... but the balance team really works their ass off for you.

Unversable13

The Council

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
You guys asked me to leave - specifically, "we are happy with not having duties and would prefer to remain a legacy club with a place where we can interact".

Anyways, its fine, everything worth discussing we can talk about on GD
Actually, I didn't say that, but there are like 5 of us left. What is the point of having a forum for 5 people. XD But I would probably be fine with that if you could get who ever is charge of forums to open up the Ajudicator sub back for council and Emissaries again since that sub is actually somewhat active. I'm not too sure why we even lost access to it in the first place. Thanks for the response though.

Better Ban Sona

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz View Post
look previous posts, they are all on the same toned down tone. been here for a while already, look it up.
that one just rustled my jimmies because it came off like a mix of taking us(me) for fools and lies.

to the later replies about that one post, im just not answering to that poppy dude.
mostly because i dont like poppy (she is ugly)
I did skip a large number of posts in the middle of this thread. I apologize if there was a large portion of information I was missing :3

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz View Post
look previous posts, they are all on the same toned down tone. been here for a while already, look it up.
that one just rustled my jimmies because it came off like a mix of taking us(me) for fools and lies.

to the later replies about that one post, im just not answering to that poppy dude.
mostly because i dont like poppy (she is ugly)

does it really look that bad?

Name:  Poppy.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  44.2 KB

Hellioning

01-11-2014

Quote:
Yup... after working alongside the core gameplay team (balance, summoners rift features, seasons, etc) I really trust the work they do overall. Plus if they make a mistake and a champion doesn't turn out the way they want it - they will fix it over time.
Here's the thing about live balance. They're the same ones who decided 'welp, Karma has a difficult kit to balance. Let's not even try.' and left her like that for years. It's difficult to hear 'we'll fix it if we get it wrong' because I hear 'we might fix it next patch, or it might take a year or two for a rework.'

And I get it, you have more important things to do then to ensue that every champion is viable, but it's still irritating to ask for any updates and not even get a 'nothing new, sorry!'

Daen

01-11-2014

Quote:
You guys asked me to leave - specifically, "we are happy with not having duties and would prefer to remain a legacy club with a place where we can interact".

Anyways, its fine, everything worth discussing we can talk about on GD
What I'm confused on is why all of these volunteer groups have remained completely stagnant for years. Wrenchmen obviously provide a direct benefit to Riot Games, but what about the other groups? They've been left to rot.

Better Ban Sona

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post

Attachment 875668
She really could use a model and splash art update >.>

But then more people would play her of course, and that only leads to nerfs >.<

SentinelElite

01-11-2014

Quote:
There's like 20-30 threads a day that are bumped constantly.

that's not a few seconds, that's possibly 30 miniutes or more, especially if you happen to find one you actually feel obligated to respond to.

That's a LOT of time to waste during work hours
I know, but they don't need to spend work time doing it, or they could browse the forums during a lunch break or something, like I do. Just look for anything interesting for 5 minutes or so, reply if you find anything, leave if you don't. The biggest problem I see with that is that I play lol for fun, and browse the forums for the same reason. I would imagine it might be different for someone whose job is lol. I'm mostly making stuff up, I've never had a job, so I don't know how much free time you guys have, but I would imagine that given how relatively rarely patches comeout, spending a few hours talking everything over before making final decisions couldn't take TOO long.

redz

01-11-2014

Quote:

Attachment 875668
on that pic is somewhat even worse, though in a different way.
i already have an established view about how poppy is, so when looking at your anime uguh poppy i will still relate to that view and add another one about the more or less tsundere look.

instead of getting one negative on my tastes it ends up getting two.
(but seriously. i skipped your two or three posts entirely)