When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azmodeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgeOfPwn View Post
Now onto my gripes, I hate to be that guy (since as far as I can tell it hasn't been mentioned too frequently) but what's going on with the though process of skin releases, I've seen amazing concepts proposed from the forums for champions who are in dire need for new skins or simply more imaginitive ones. (See Construction Worker Yorick, Rugged Jayce, Dunkmaster Darius, Etc.) but we seem to be continuously getting skins for champions who either, A. have a large selection already (looking at you D.Blade Riven) or B. have superior skins to those released (Sultan GP is overshadowed by multiple skins).

Despite it being said that the skin team is brainstorming such cool ideas, it's not only hard to price them, but hard to pick and choose... Why can't some of the skins be simplified for champions who need them? It would be easy to make a new Kha'Zix skin, just follow the Jurassic theme, styles something like Kabutops.
I second this question. One of the things that has always frustrated me is seeing good fan submissions go to waste or missed opportunites. (looking at you, Beekeeper Singed). By posting a concept or artwork on the forums, we are not only showing our dedication and support, but also expressing our interests in skins for champions who could use them.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

01-11-2014
69 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Are there vacancies? I heard I have to remove a Wizardlock from power in order to assume a given level. Maybe 3rd or 4th order? I can probably take them.
Typically, you create your vacancy or demonstrate worth through bold action. In my case, the 7th order was created entirely to keep me from destroying the other orders by accident. I successfully infiltrated the Tower of Balance, laid claim to the Demonstones of Scarizard, Geeves and Statikk... but a 4th stone was bound inside of my heart by the evil Feral Pony, never to be obtained until I discover true love.

... the world may be safe for a while.

HuFOHr9aGj

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgeOfPwn View Post
Lemme give you a good example of why you're sending the wrong impression here.

I'm not going to tell you I have no harsh feelings toward you, then slap you in the face twice and call it fair play.

In the end, none of the supposed "Animosity" is Riot's fault, they've handled (most) of these situations to the best of their ability.

I edited your Quote a bit to make the point come a little cleaner, because I don't think you made a bad argument, i just think you went about it poorly.
relax, i'm aware. =)

but on the part of them handling it out, most of the times they are a bit late.
when was the last time we got such a big thread with so many replies ? (even if most of them are just iddle chit chat)

Zerglinator

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Fury View Post
You say this......but then Popstar Ahri is a thing.

Oh, its not that we didn't ask for a skin for Ahri. We asked for a skin that you had already completed and we just wanted localized. Instead you went and made a completely different skin only kind of related to the one we wanted and put in likely 4x times the work for roughly the same amount of return that you would've gotten anyway.
Wait, when was it "already completed"?

Xelnath

Systems Designer

01-11-2014
70 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unversable View Post
You stopped posting in the Council forums. I know there are a few of us who have a lot of free time right now if you need any closed feedback.
You guys asked me to leave - specifically, "we are happy with not having duties and would prefer to remain a legacy club with a place where we can interact".

Anyways, its fine, everything worth discussing we can talk about on GD

Better Ban Sona

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz View Post
that wasnt a post expecting an answer. but i needed to vent out that opinion.
it's feedback. not all feedback comes gently. but you cant take something out of every one of them.

anything that is offensive or deviates from your personal opinion tends to be regarded as "trolling".
so be it.

but that shouldnt change the focus of the thread on a larger scale.

ps: i'm agreeing with what you posted so far.
yes, even about me. lol.
All I'm saying is that carefully worded messages that convey the same meaning often merit responses, and you are much more likely to receive such if you display your feedback in a more constructive manor. Thanks for toning it down in this last post though

Xelnath

Systems Designer

01-11-2014
71 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Ban Sona View Post
Yo Xelnath, important question, for research purposes >.>

Do you have any lore background on the whole demonstone deal you can provide for me?
Demonstones seal away another true power. One that threatens to plunge the entire planet into a new form of darkness. I have obtained 4... its only a matter of time until the full collection is mine.

I can say no more than that.

Better Ban Sona

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Anyways, its fine, everything worth discussing we can talk about on GD
Wait, was this serious though? o.O

I mean super serious? Er, a lot of important stuff gets moved or deleted now days >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Demonstones seal away another true power. One that threatens to plunge the entire planet into a new form of darkness. I have obtained 4... its only a matter of time until the full collection is mine.

I can say no more than that.
And thank you, this alone actually helps with what I'm doing a lot

Can't reveal more atm, but I can recommend you pay close attention to the forums about a month from now

(hype hype)

AnonTwo

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelElite View Post
You could determine by looking in it, it only takes a few seconds.
There's like 20-30 threads a day that are bumped constantly.

that's not a few seconds, that's possibly 30 miniutes or more, especially if you happen to find one you actually feel obligated to respond to.

That's a LOT of time to waste during work hours

HuFOHr9aGj

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Ban Sona View Post
All I'm saying is that carefully worded messages that convey the same meaning often merit responses, and you are much more likely to receive such if you display your feedback in a more constructive manor. Thanks for toning it down in this last post though

look previous posts, they are all on the same toned down tone. been here for a while already, look it up.
that one just rustled my jimmies because it came off like a mix of taking us(me) for fools and lies.

to the later replies about that one post, im just not answering to that poppy dude.
mostly because i dont like poppy (she is ugly)