When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Better Ban Sona

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz View Post
it was on lowburn!
it wasnt so much of an attack, but more of a tackle.
words may come harshly when read by others, that's why i made sure to say i had nothing against him before hand.

dont act now like every f** word said is the end of the world.
if riot's going to flee from the animosity that was brought from their own actions, that's not much of an excuse.
they got responsabilities and lacking to them was the reason of some people feeling angry in the first place.

i'm not a company and i'm not bind by the same standards, so i can come off without prettyfing my words.
If that is your attitude though, don't be so surprised when they do not respond to you directly. If I was a red, I wouldn't want to perpetuate actions like that by responding either. I'd save my words for posts that are more worth my time, because there is a little saying around here that goes, "don't feed the trolls".

Yes I am aware I just broke that rule >.<


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rovos

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Why should they come back? All the threads here are either angry enough to require psych tests, filled with enough tears to require a raft to login, or porn.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz View Post
it wasnt so much of an attack, but more of a tackle.
words may come harshly when read by others, that's why i made sure to say i had nothing against him before hand.

dont act now like every f** word said is the end of the world.
However, saying "**** you" makes the "nothing against you" kindof meaningless, and makes it pretty much an attack. There's much to be said about being careful with your words.
Quote:
if riot's going to flee from the animosity that was brought from their own actions, that's not much of an excuse.
they got responsabilities and lacking to them was the reason of some people feeling angry in the first place.
Half of what they do doesn't justify these responses though, and they do nothing to offer constructive discussions about the matters. In fact, even if not intended, speaking this way tends to just bring out the people who want to bash Riot personally.
Quote:
i'm not a company and i'm not bind by the same standards, so i can come off without prettyfing my words.
So the point of the whole thread is "why don't Riot's come here anymore"

And your response is "I'm not bound by any standards, so i'll tell them to go **** themselves if i want"

I guess now we know why Riot's don't post here as much anymore. We have people who want Riot to live the life of masochists and just take rude comment after rude comment.

You could at least try to show some respect to let them know you're not here to "hang them for their crimes".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellioning

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Blackrook View Post
The only problem I see with this is it's not scalable. The whole live balance team fits in a corner of one floor of our offices and there are millions of people who would love to talk to them just as much as you. These forums are not a great way to handle that sort of situation. I can see how a lot of people prefer Reddit so there is some sort of democratic process of determining how much one post about Shyvanna actually represents the whole community.

I believe that's why the Beta Forums are trying to replicate that democratic feel to them. On the current forums we really have no efficient way of determining whether a 50 page thread is actually popular or if it's just a few angry players bumping it on a cycle.
The problem is the same thing I've told Pendragon in the beta forums; democracy is only good if the minority can get their voice heard. That is difficult to have happen in a reddit-style forum where, by default, things are sorted via popularity. Sure, you CAN check newest posts, but that doesn't happen often.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Godot

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz View Post
it was on lowburn!
it wasn't so much of an attack, but more of a tackle.
words may come harshly when read by others, that's why i made sure to say i had nothing against him before hand.

don't act now like every word said is the end of the world.
if riot's going to flee from the animosity that was brought from their own actions, that's not much of an excuse.
they got responsibilities and lacking to follow through on them was the reason for some people feeling angry in the first place.

i'm not a company and i'm not bound by the same standards, so i can make my point without sugar coating my words.
Lemme give you a good example of why you're sending the wrong impression here.

I'm not going to tell you I have no harsh feelings toward you, then slap you in the face twice and call it fair play.

In the end, none of the supposed "Animosity" is Riot's fault, they've handled (most) of these situations to the best of their ability.

I edited your Quote a bit to make the point come a little cleaner, because I don't think you made a bad argument, i just think you went about it poorly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

01-11-2014
68 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiber View Post
@Xelnath, can you please help me?.... I need RIOT help and every time I try to get help/support from the forums, I'm ignored.
I actually don't do support work, but if you want, email Xelnath@riotgames.com - and if its a real issue that isn't handled by our support team (and they do a lot...) I'll talk about it to Morgageddon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Better Ban Sona

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Reddit is a global center where player can come and interact with us without being limited by our hardware, database organization or whatever else might limit them from posting here.

This means there's advantages to broadcasting global news and discussions there.

I've posted on these forums, EU forums, and reddit. They all have different advantages and trade-offs. Usually, the stuff I post on Reddit is "big" news that we want as many people to see as possible. However, I've also posted there as myself, talking about **** I cared a lot about.

I've done similar things here. The take-aways I've gotten is that reddit does a great job of some things. The forums here do a great job of some other things (e.g. if I am going to have an active, likely-controversial two-way discussion, i'd rather have it here.)

I get it. You feel left out - but Rioters aren't posting here because some of us post on reddit. Rioters aren't posting here because either they don't know what to talk about, don't feel safe posting publicly or they are posting here and are somehow discounted from your group. WizardCrab, Griftrix and a ton of other people have posted around here for years.

A lot of people care - but a lot of people are scared of you guys too. It's intimidating to speak out on a soap box to a crowd of millions with a magnifying glass to every word you say. People read super deeply into what I type. fnord - and I've taken my share of heat for not being clear, needing to change my mind or just being wrong and discussing stuff that other people own and have changed the plans on.

I'm not sure what to do about it all. Some of you guys are here constantly, are encouraging and productive. To you guys, thank you for being here for us and helping us better understand your needs and interests.

That said, its not fair to imply that its not ok for us to talk to other people. I hate to break it to you... but we're not in an exclusive relationship. I have other needs. Sometimes. ... I... I... *tears appear as he runs away cartoon style*
This is very well put. However, there are a lot of good threads out there that deserve attention every once in a while, and thank you for the effort you have put into replying to them so far


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koi Nami Only

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Since so many Rioters are here, down for an ARAM?

This fishy wants some fun!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

redz

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Ban Sona View Post
If that is your attitude though, don't be so surprised when they do not respond to you directly. If I was a red, I wouldn't want to perpetuate actions like that by responding either. I'd save my words for posts that are more worth my time, because there is a little saying around here that goes, "don't feed the trolls".

Yes I am aware I just broke that rule >.<
that wasnt a post expecting an answer. but i needed to vent out that opinion.
it's feedback. not all feedback comes gently. but you cant take something out of every one of them.

anything that is offensive or deviates from your personal opinion tends to be regarded as "trolling".
so be it.

but that shouldnt change the focus of the thread on a larger scale.

ps: i'm agreeing with what you posted so far.
yes, even about me. lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SentinelElite

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Blackrook View Post
The only problem I see with this is it's not scalable. The whole live balance team fits in a corner of one floor of our offices and there are millions of people who would love to talk to them just as much as you. These forums are not a great way to handle that sort of situation. I can see how a lot of people prefer Reddit so there is some sort of democratic process of determining how much one post about Shyvanna actually represents the whole community.

I believe that's why the Beta Forums are trying to replicate that democratic feel to them. On the current forums we really have no efficient way of determining whether a 50 page thread is actually popular or if it's just a few angry players bumping it on a cycle.
You could determine by looking in it, it only takes a few seconds. I understand that they can't talk to everyone, but if they came and looked around for a bit every day, a lot of people would get to talk to them. The other option I see is have a thread made when considering nerfing someone to talk it over with the player base. If it starts to get angry or the discussion pretty much ends, close and sticky it for a few days so everyone knows where the nerfs are coming from. You'll have to forgive my lack of knowledge on how reddit works, I've never used it.

On another note, Shyvana has just one n.