When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntiMage II

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
You know, I happen to be a Wizardlock... join my dark side.
Fight me you magic wielding dork. I am immune to your feels.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpertSockThrow View Post
Maybe a little (!) mark next to the News icon on the tool bar when new information has been added?
Would actually think this would be a great addition to the site.

SentinelElite

01-11-2014

So as a question to the reds here, while I understand that it's not mandatory for rioters to post here, could you guys suggest to people from other areas/departments/idk how riot is organized to post here more if possible. I know I and a lot of other people would be happier or at least less upset with nerfs to their favorite champions (In my case Shyvana) if we had a chance to defend the champion or at least talk them over with someone who can actually do something about it. If I talked to a Rioter on the balance team about Shyvana nerfs, and they talked with me about them, I would be much less annoyed about them, even if she got the exact same needs as if we didn't talk.

Godot

01-11-2014

Finally caught up to the thread, glad to see all the Red's being so quick to respond (especially wizarcrab)

Warms my heart to see all these things being addressed after a long period of silence.

Now onto my gripes, I hate to be that guy (since as far as I can tell it hasn't been mentioned too frequently) but what's going on with the though process of skin releases, I've seen amazing concepts proposed from the forums for champions who are in dire need for new skins or simply more imaginitive ones. (See Construction Worker Yorick, Rugged Jayce, Dunkmaster Darius, Etc.) but we seem to be continuously getting skins for champions who either, A. have a large selection already (looking at you D.Blade Riven) or B. have superior skins to those released (Sultan GP is overshadowed by multiple skins).

Despite it being said that the skin team is brainstorming such cool ideas, it's not only hard to price them, but hard to pick and choose... Why can't some of the skins be simplified for champions who need them? It would be easy to make a new Kha'Zix skin, just follow the Jurassic theme, styles something like Kabutops.

I don't mean to sound rude or angry by this, but some of these new skins that are coming out are either unnecessary, or just seemingly a cash grab (again, looking right at D.Blade Riven)

Better Ban Sona

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Don't cry. I'll pretend to be your friend too.
Yo Xelnath, important question, for research purposes >.>

Do you have any lore background on the whole demonstone deal you can provide for me?

Better Ban Sona

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgeOfPwn View Post
Finally caught up to the thread, glad to see all the Red's being so quick to respond (especially wizarcrab)

Warms my heart to see all these things being addressed after a long period of silence.

Now onto my gripes, I hate to be that guy (since as far as I can tell it hasn't been mentioned too frequently) but what's going on with the though process of skin releases, I've seen amazing concepts proposed from the forums for champions who are in dire need for new skins or simply more imaginitive ones. (See Construction Worker Yorick, Rugged Jayce, Dunkmaster Darius, Etc.) but we seem to be continuously getting skins for champions who either, A. have a large selection already (looking at you D.Blade Riven) or B. have superior skins to those released (Sultan GP is overshadowed by multiple skins).

Despite it being said that the skin team is brainstorming such cool ideas, it's not only hard to price them, but hard to pick and choose... Why can't some of the skins be simplified for champions who need them? It would be easy to make a new Kha'Zix skin, just follow the Jurassic theme, styles something like Kabutops.

I don't mean to sound rude or angry by this, but some of these new skins that are coming out are either unnecessary, or just seemingly a cash grab (again, looking right at D.Blade Riven)
I can make one comment on the Darius skin. IIRC, the skin idea was promoted at PAX, but they explicitly said there that this skin was only a concept, and in no way was promised to actually be available for release at a later date. I would love to see it released as well, but we still don't know for certain if this is a project the skin team will fill to completion, or if it was just something interesting to showcase at PAX.

HuFOHr9aGj

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpertSockThrow View Post
Might want to set your Forum Anger Meter to "low burn" instead of "catastrophe".

I agree with you and all, but attacking people like that makes you part of the reason that Rioter don't post here any more.

Zephyreal, I asked Wizard Crab, but maybe you can pass along a message too: Not cross-posting vital information IMMEDIATELY is a huge bone of contention with people who love and use these forums and don't go to Reddit. Reddit gets a ton of love from Riot- LCS changes, direct communication, heck even Tryndamere posted there. However, very little of that gets reflected on these forums in a timely manner. Can you at least (when publishing important information that is intended for all players) ensure that the same information is VISIBLY posted on the forums at the same time it's posted elsewhere?

That's another small issue that really irks me- the fact that the "news" section isn't tied to the Red Tracker. If you're going to make us go to a completely different place to get news on your own site, make it brain-dead easy to know that something happened. Maybe a little (!) mark next to the News icon on the tool bar when new information has been added?

Or just bring back the Announcements section that was tied to the Dev Tracker?
it was on lowburn!
it wasnt so much of an attack, but more of a tackle.
words may come harshly when read by others, that's why i made sure to say i had nothing against him before hand.

dont act now like every f** word said is the end of the world.
if riot's going to flee from the animosity that was brought from their own actions, that's not much of an excuse.
they got responsabilities and lacking to them was the reason of some people feeling angry in the first place.

Riot Blackrook

QA Analyst

01-11-2014
66 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelElite View Post
So as a question to the reds here, while I understand that it's not mandatory for rioters to post here, could you guys suggest to people from other areas/departments/idk how riot is organized to post here more if possible. I know I and a lot of other people would be happier or at least less upset with nerfs to their favorite champions (In my case Shyvana) if we had a chance to defend the champion or at least talk them over with someone who can actually do something about it. If I talked to a Rioter on the balance team about Shyvana nerfs, and they talked with me about them, I would be much less annoyed about them, even if she got the exact same needs as if we didn't talk.
The only problem I see with this is it's not scalable. The whole live balance team fits in a corner of one floor of our offices and there are millions of people who would love to talk to them just as much as you. These forums are not a great way to handle that sort of situation. I can see how a lot of people prefer Reddit so there is some sort of democratic process of determining how much one post about Shyvanna actually represents the whole community.

I believe that's why the Beta Forums are trying to replicate that democratic feel to them. On the current forums we really have no efficient way of determining whether a 50 page thread is actually popular or if it's just a few angry players bumping it on a cycle.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

01-11-2014
67 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Zephyreal View Post
I obviously can't speak for all Rioters, but I think this is largely a perception issue more than an actual issue of Riot abandoning the forums for Reddit.

Without knowing the specific reasons why it happens (honestly I don't), there are a few reasons I can think of as to why a Rioter would post on Reddit rather than the forums in any given instance:
-The most common one I believe is that the Rioter posting on Reddit is, in fact, a Redditor (is that a word?).
Reddit is a global center where player can come and interact with us without being limited by our hardware, database organization or whatever else might limit them from posting here.

This means there's advantages to broadcasting global news and discussions there.

I've posted on these forums, EU forums, and reddit. They all have different advantages and trade-offs. Usually, the stuff I post on Reddit is "big" news that we want as many people to see as possible. However, I've also posted there as myself, talking about **** I cared a lot about.

I've done similar things here. The take-aways I've gotten is that reddit does a great job of some things. The forums here do a great job of some other things (e.g. if I am going to have an active, likely-controversial two-way discussion, i'd rather have it here.)

I get it. You feel left out - but Rioters aren't posting here because some of us post on reddit. Rioters aren't posting here because either they don't know what to talk about, don't feel safe posting publicly or they are posting here and are somehow discounted from your group. WizardCrab, Griftrix and a ton of other people have posted around here for years.

A lot of people care - but a lot of people are scared of you guys too. It's intimidating to speak out on a soap box to a crowd of millions with a magnifying glass to every word you say. People read super deeply into what I type. fnord - and I've taken my share of heat for not being clear, needing to change my mind or just being wrong and discussing stuff that other people own and have changed the plans on.

I'm not sure what to do about it all. Some of you guys are here constantly, are encouraging and productive. To you guys, thank you for being here for us and helping us better understand your needs and interests.

That said, its not fair to imply that its not ok for us to talk to other people. I hate to break it to you... but we're not in an exclusive relationship. I have other needs. Sometimes. ... I... I... *tears appear as he runs away cartoon style*

Requiem

01-11-2014

Damn