@Meddler @Riot Thoughts on Assassins currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raury

01-11-2014

Mainly Zed, Akali, and Diana?

I mean I don't think the first 2 are that bad (Akali early game still horrendous and Zed W should really just scale the speed with rank seeing as most usually max it last anyway), but Diana is in such a bad spot right now.

Can you, or any other rioter, shed some light on this?

Maximum Jarvan

01-11-2014

Yes Diana buffs would be nice....

Raury

01-11-2014

please bump because i would really like a response

Raury

01-11-2014

shed light please

Raury

01-11-2014

^

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

01-11-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Note: Personal opinions only here, not necessarily representative of the live balance team.

Zed I feel's in a pretty good spot. He can be really effective when used well, offers some good opportunities for skilled play and, after the recent set of changes, has better counterplay too than previously. He's not must pick or ban anymore and goes well with some, but not all, team comps/match ups.

Akali I feel is actually in a pretty strong spot right now, particularly with the removal of Oracles giving her W a bit more power in many circumstances. Bit surprised we're not seeing her as a really strong pick at the moment, gut reaction is that that might be more due to the current trend towards somewhat tankier comps than any issues on her part.

Diana could do with a more defined niche I feel to make her a more attractive pick sometimes, but not all the time. The combination of some tankiness, a hard CC and potentially multiple gap closers makes her really challenging for a lot of champions to deal with, so just adding raw power to her creates some issues as we've seen in the past. Could be a good candidate for stronger strength in one regard and a compensatory weakness somewhere else. Not something I've put much thought into though so that's just an off the top of the head comment.

RaideNN

01-11-2014

are u high meddler?

Raury

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Note: Personal opinions only here, not necessarily representative of the live balance team.

Zed I feel's in a pretty good spot. He can be really effective when used well, offers some good opportunities for skilled play and, after the recent set of changes, has better counterplay too than previously. He's not must pick or ban anymore and goes well with some, but not all, team comps/match ups.

Akali I feel is actually in a pretty strong spot right now, particularly with the removal of Oracles giving her W a bit more power in many circumstances. Bit surprised we're not seeing her as a really strong pick at the moment, gut reaction is that that might be more due to the current trend towards somewhat tankier comps than any issues on her part.

Diana could do with a more defined niche I feel to make her a more attractive pick sometimes, but not all the time. The combination of some tankiness, a hard CC and potentially multiple gap closers makes her really challenging for a lot of champions to deal with, so just adding raw power to her creates some issues as we've seen in the past. Could be a good candidate for stronger strength in one regard and a compensatory weakness somewhere else. Not something I've put much thought into though so that's just an off the top of the head comment.
Wooo red response!

I actually feel that Diana would make a bette bruiser than she would an assassin. Most of the "good" assassins now have reliable escapes (Zed's W, Fizz's E, Ahri's R). Diana can't really get out of fights consistently. I understand having raw power could make her op again, but slight QoL buffs shouldn't be too bad.

Hellioning

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegislashh View Post
Wooo red response!

I actually feel that Diana would make a bette bruiser than she would an assassin. Most of the "good" assassins now have reliable escapes (Zed's W, Fizz's E, Ahri's R). Diana can't really get out of fights consistently. I understand having raw power could make her op again, but slight QoL buffs shouldn't be too bad.
I wouldn't mind a few changes to make her a bruiserish mage. Hell, I'd love it.

Dryad Soraka

01-11-2014

diana isn't an assassin