When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elewd

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
I honestly haven't looked into using FEK, but maybe I should.
you really should, all of the "non forum avatar'd people" have happy clouds which makes the forums look so much happier.

Jozraels Socks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
I'm sitting on my couch at home. I've just been answering questions here for the last 4 hours or so.
And we'll get another 4 hours out of you until we get ALL of the answers!

Who shot JFK?

Why is water wet?

Do these jeans make my butt look big?

But seriously, thanks to all of the Rioters who've contributed and continue to contribute to this thread. It does a lot of good to clear the air even if it's just to say hi.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
it enables a lot of nice forum features (not sure if Rioters get more features enabled than we do), and even gives the community avatars!

(it also has an ignore option...though i'm sure you don't need that )

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-11-2014
59 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Fury View Post
You say this......but then Popstar Ahri is a thing.

Oh, its not that we didn't ask for a skin for Ahri. We asked for a skin that you had already completed and we just wanted localized. Instead you went and made a completely different skin only kind of related to the one we wanted and put in likely 4x times the work for roughly the same amount of return that you would've gotten anyway.

And it still doesn't answer as to WHY you don't make more 520 and 750 skins anymore. That price tier has some of the best skins (Commando for example) and they're relatively simple and easy to make compared to all these fancy 975 skins and 1350 skins you guys make, but they've completely died off. Some of us would like to have an alternate or cool look for our champions that doesn't involve us shelling out $10 or $15 all the freaking time.

It seems like you really just want the money from one particular group of people, rather than the whole player base. Just because the 1350 and 975 skins are the most popular doesn't mean you stop making 520 and 750 skins especially if you can still make some money from them.

You don't stop selling the chicken sandwhich just because the roast beef sandwhich is more popular.
Good point. I'll bring this up.

Better Ban Sona

01-11-2014

Quote:
I highly recommend it, as I have become good friends with a few of the devs, and I know how much hard work they put into what is already available, and what more is to come. It's a very useful program that adds a lot here

Name:  fekexample.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  206.3 KB

Hellioning

01-11-2014

Quote:
It certainly helps if you are used to recognizing people by Avatar, not name. I know I fully expect to be called 'Magcargo'.

DreamLeviathan

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eludeasaurus View Post
you really should, all of the "non forum avatar'd people" have happy clouds which makes the forums look so much happier.
When you put it like that, it suddenly occurs to me how unfitting of the forums the clouds actually are. Hm.

SentinelElite

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
It certainly helps if you are used to recognizing people by Avatar, not name. I know I fully expect to be called 'Magcargo'.
Is it possible to use FEK with a phone? I use my phone for everything internet related, which is the only real reason I don't have it already.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-11-2014
60 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiMage II View Post
Isn't that effectively the issue being addressed though?
Maybe. But it might also be that they have a well thought out official post on the horizon and it would be counterproductive to post now as well. Or any of a number of other reasons.

Frosthaven

01-11-2014

Last minute post: Riot does not endorse the use of 3rd party addons - they are 'use at your own risk'. Just thought I'd throw that disclaimer in there for anyone who thinks otherwise. Gnight all (for real this time). Just got told that fek was being discussed and needed to ensure people were aware.