When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azmodeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
But...why did you have an item you never used?

And what games are there that actually support a refund system like that?
Buyer's remorse? "I'll play that champion someday" and they never do?

Does the person have any spare refunds? How long ago was the initial purchase?

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeios View Post
Buyer's remorse? "I'll play that champion someday" and they never do?

Does the person have any spare refunds? How long ago was the initial purchase?
But shouldn't that be on the buyer? Being responsible with your money and all that?

BelligerentGnu

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
But as to some sort of moderation change here, I can't really comment on it. I'm not on that team. I don't know their plans or their thoughts or whether the relevant Rioter is spending his Saturday playing Pinochle with his grandmother and therefore is not posting right now. I'm sorry I can't offer a better response.
I suspect very, very few of us expect you to provide answers on subjects outside your area of expertise, WizardCrab.

That said, I *don't* see why your first response here wasn't "Hmm, I see you have a legitimate problem. I shall locate the Reds responsible and make certain that someone who *can* answer these very important questions shows up to talk with you."

It's hard enough getting a Red to reply to important threads *at all*. A Red who can't answer the relevant questions is nice but not actually helpful.

Aerothal

01-11-2014

Quote:
Dunno. My team just lost to a mid Zyra in solo queue. She was a god.
i dont doubt that there are a few zyra players who still can pull it off but according to lolking, her popularity is now down to under 4% from around 15% before 3.14, her ban rate went down to 0.06% from 0.95% and her winrate hovers around the 50% mark now.
Even lolking though lists her as a support now, when she used to be listed as a mid.
What i would be interested in (unfortunately that data is nowhere to be found), is how her winrate is once you separate support from mid.
I also am quite confident that the only players who would dare to play her mid nowadays are the very ones that actually know her well enough to still pull off wins.

AnonTwo

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
I suspect very, very few of us expect you to provide answers on subjects outside your area of expertise, WizardCrab.

That said, I *don't* see why your first response here wasn't "Hmm, I see you have a legitimate problem. I shall locate the Reds responsible and make certain that someone who *can* answer these very important questions shows up to talk with you."

It's hard enough getting a Red to reply to important threads *at all*. A Red who can't answer the relevant questions is nice but not actually helpful.
Well, consider: Is it anymore their job to get people?

And is it that person's job to respond to every community response?

What if the person says "No, i can't talk to them", what does he say then?

Remember, he's here at his discretion, not because he's being forced to. More than likely, that means he's at his work desk doing 'something' as he talks.

Or maybe he's off shift, and quite literally 'can't' contact the correct person.

At that point, we're basically asking two people to drop their work duties to talk to the community, not just one.

Azmodeus

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
But shouldn't that be on the buyer? Being responsible with your money and all that?
I agree, the buyer should be responsible. It's why you can't trade a candy bar back in for cash after you buy it because it wasn't REALLY the type of candy you wanted.

Banuvan

01-11-2014

Quote:
Again, I've read the whole thread, and it will be addressed soon.

Soon is a word used to mean many different things. That thread was started in May of last year. 8 months ago and not a single Red addressed it in any fashion. This is exactly what we have been talking about. Riot doesn't respond to valid, well thought out posts. Why is this? There have been a ton of threads made that are well thought out and have facts that something is wrong and they are almost never addressed by Riot in any fashion. Now in a totally different thread you are saying it will be addressed soon even though it's already been 8 months since it was brought up. This is the exact attitude and reason why nobody trusts Riot posters.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-11-2014
51 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by h 2 View Post
Do you think I could send you my address and you could send me real candy canes as reparations for the e-candy cane quints I have been longing for for two+ years? If I can't go fast in game, I can eat candy and play fast at least!

I prefer chocolate mint and spearmint to peppermint.
Don't accept candy from strangers

Elewd

01-11-2014

Quote:
Dunno. My team just lost to a mid Zyra in solo queue. She was a god.
lucky for them, i havnt' felt like i had the impact i used to have with her since her nerf, =\

also why is frostblade irelia 1350 when the only change is an ice effect on her E?

AnonTwo

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banuvan View Post
Soon is a word used to mean many different things. That thread was started in May of last year. 8 months ago and not a single Red addressed it in any fashion. This is exactly what we have been talking about. Riot doesn't respond to valid, well thought out posts. Why is this? There have been a ton of threads made that are well thought out and have facts that something is wrong and they are almost never addressed by Riot in any fashion. Now in a totally different thread you are saying it will be addressed soon even though it's already been 8 months since it was brought up. This is the exact attitude and reason why nobody trusts Riot posters.
So let me get this straight

His options are:
-Ignore the guy as he continues to repost the thread

-Wait for a response with the rest of his crew and get bashed as being untrustworthy

-Give an immediate, uninformed response and likely piss off both the customers and Riot, and possibly be reprimanded

Am i getting this right?

Do you really think anything positive will come from putting the pressure on a rioter to respond?

Also, keep this in mind:
Just because a threads been around for 8 months, doesn't mean Riot knows it's been around for 8 months.