When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The MechE

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextech Malzahar View Post
see how many times it takes to have this addressed
Oh stop Mr. Blood Hunter

Jozraels Socks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
These threads are super dynamic. I'm just answering the questions I get. If you feel I haven't answered yours, I'm sorry. Zephyreal I think answered your question pretty well.

I think that a lot of people post to reddit because it automatically increases visibility on relevant posts. That's mostly it. But as to some sort of moderation change here, I can't really comment on it. I'm not on that team. I don't know their plans or their thoughts or whether the relevant Rioter is spending his Saturday playing Pinochle with his grandmother and therefore is not posting right now. I'm sorry I can't offer a better response.
It's cool, the mods don't say much anyways.

omgWTFyVampBak

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Zephyreal View Post
OK DEFINITELY don't quote me on any of what I'm about to address as I didn't work directly on anything brought up here but...

I think that the "News" section is the direction Rioters want to go for anything that would've been posted on the Announcements page. I personally have also been trying to keep any widespread support-impacting issues on the Help & Support forums to go along with our Service Status forums.

For the account verification thing, I believe there was a strategy behind why we didn't announce it even though we launched it a month (?) ago on some other servers, and the announcement we did make was part of the strategy.

Anyways, as far as I know all our announcements are on the News page, or we respond to something the community finds (I'm sure if some big thread popped up about discovering email verification on the forums as opposed to Reddit, we would've addressed it here). And as Blackrook said, a lot of our "news" comes from community members who aren't Rioters and take content from the PBE (so it wasn't ready for announcement anyways since we still wanted to test things), and perhaps they or their audience tend to use Reddit over the forums. Even stuff like "Snowdown is now live" is officially announced by us on leagueoflegends.com, and then a Redditor will make a Reddit thread linking to the website post or something later.

The only thing that I can think of that is contrary to this would be Tryndamere's posts, Magus responding to the LCS streaming contract, and Preseason 4 announcements. I obviously am not Tryndamere or Magus so I don't know for sure why it happened, but I think it makes at least a little bit of sense if the discussion started and blew up on Reddit that we would address it there. And the Preseason 4 guys made sure to initiate conversation with both communities.
hey, i like this post, thank you, i cant imagine what benefit not announcing it would have for people, but im not interested in that anyway im just glad I found out about it.

moving on, do you think its doable to have a redtracker that is made by riot and tracks rioter account posts on both reddit and the forums, and displays them in a manner that is NOT reddit. because im being honest that website gives me headaches.

Nana A Deviluke

01-11-2014

Quote:
"We want players to spend money in League of Legends not because they have to, but because they want to. And we want them to feel good about the money they've spent afterwards."
I'd like to - but the strict refund policy makes it hard.

I had a skin taken off my account entirely that I've never even used because with the strict refund policy in place I wasn't allowed to return something I never even used....

I won't be spending another dime on League because of that...

We should be able to refund items we never use - and use a refund token on items that we have used. Even if it was only 1 time.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-11-2014
48 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM DunkMaster View Post
Again, I've read the whole thread, and it will be addressed soon.

SentinelElite

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextech Malzahar View Post
see how many times it takes to have this addressed
As far as balance is concerned, it's actually been pretty good. There's nobody that I feel I have toban because they're auto win. Most of it is just hype. Shyvana, for example, has clear and effective counters, they're just not as popular. Kayle, Kennen, and anyone else with poke destroy her top. Nobody's op, people just havenhaven't started to counter pick them for whatever reason. I don't know a whole lot about counters, I play mostly ADC/jungle, where they're not as relevant, but everybody can be countered at the moment, people just don't want to. As for the pros, they will always pick the very best. Their champ pool is always going to be smaller than the total # of champion s in the game, and will probably always be less than half of it. If they released Leona 2.0, who was Leona except with 1 more armor, they would always pick her over the original, unless she was picked/banned. Riot can change who's the most popular, but they can't easily increase the number.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

01-11-2014
49 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerothal View Post
You once said that Zyra was too strong a mid and that the "Changes" in 3.14 would not hurt mage Zyra.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt in that you believed what you were saying and did not intentionally mislead the Zyra playing community.
In her description she is still listed as mage first, and support second, yet support is her only viable role at the moment.
Dunno. My team just lost to a mid Zyra in solo queue. She was a god.

Aerothal

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Again, I've read the whole thread, and it will be addressed soon.
lol. how many times did you have to repeat that?!?

AnonTwo

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana A Deviluke View Post
I'd like to - but the strict refund policy makes it hard.

I had a skin taken off my account entirely that I've never even used because with the strict refund policy in place I wasn't allowed to return something I never even used....

I won't be spending another dime on League because of that...

We should be able to refund items we never use - and use a refund token on items that we have used. Even if it was only 1 time.
But...why did you have an item you never used?

And what games are there that actually support a refund system like that?

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

01-11-2014
50 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasusIsMyLover View Post
A lot of us are okay with this but sometimes we just want to know that it's been brought to Riot's attention. Sometimes just a "We are currently looking into this" or "I have read everything in this thread and am not able to make a comment at this time" is just enough to satisfy us.
I'll try it but I have my doubts.