When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frosthaven

01-11-2014

@Zeph - thanks for the great post. It's one that I can find agreeable. Ideally all information and interaction should be in one central hub, and I'm hoping that the great work Krylhos and company are doing can eventually transform the community platform into that hub so that knowledge isn't so fragmented across the internet. Being the most popular gaming company makes for a rather large and hard to manage ball of community. Reds and end-users are both a part of this community - so maybe we can all work together to find balance just yet in terms of communication and moderation.

Thank you for all of your responses, and thanks to my fellow community members who used this opportunity for open discussion and not target practice~

ps: I second the AMA idea for blackrook listed below!`

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
They're ok. I harbor a resentment for them because in 3rd grade we had two hermit crabs in our class during some science unit. At the end of the unit, there was a lottery for which students got to take them home as pets. Three students entered. I was the one who didn't get a hermit crab.

Oh my gosh, that is like the saddest thing I've ever heard... I'm sorry for your loss.

Riot Wittrock

QA Analyst

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Blackrook View Post
I'm relatively new at Riot so I could be wrong... but I don't believe we are in the habit of making "promises" on the forums. If something is at the stage where the company is ready to promise it, it will show up on the client News ticker.

Even is something goes live on PBE and you see it via Surrender-at-20, Reign of Gaming, etc- there's still no gauruntee that will ever be released on the live environments.
Yo Blackrook! Nice to see one of your first posts. You should do an AMA if you're comfortable with that sort of thing in a new thread! Because no one knows who you are or what you do >.>

If you're not up to that, maybe a quick post in this thread. I'm curious who you are, how long you've been at Riot, what you did before, what team you QA for, what your favorite champion is, and any other cool things about yourself you'd like to add!

SentinelElite

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasusIsMyLover View Post
A lot of us are okay with this but sometimes we just want to know that it's been brought to Riot's attention. Sometimes just a "We are currently looking into this" or "I have read everything in this thread and am not able to make a comment at this time" is just enough to satisfy us.
It's enough to satisfy me and you, but a lot of people take that as "we know, and we're ignoring you", and get even angrier.

ManDudeMcDudeman

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgWTFyVampBak View Post
the most recent incident was the ip for validating email bit. it was announced on reddit and i have yet to see a red post informing the forums about it.
It's on the news page, right on the front page of the website.

Granted, they could've made it easier to see, but you can't say they didn't post it up.

Chris Green

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDudeMcDudeman View Post
It's on the news page, right on the front page of the website.

Granted, they could've made it easier to see, but you can't say they didn't post it up.
4 days after they announce it on reddit....

REDDIT

h 2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
absolutely no idea
Do you think I could send you my address and you could send me real candy canes as reparations for the e-candy cane quints I have been longing for for two+ years? If I can't go fast in game, I can eat candy and play fast at least!

I prefer chocolate mint and spearmint to peppermint.

Banuvan

01-11-2014

I'll give you guys the real skinny here. It's a problem with leadership and management not doing a damn thing or knowing what is going on in their company. How do I know? I've seen it and done it and worked through it. 12 years in the military and now I own my own business. Bad leadership/management will destroy a company faster than anything else. Tryndamere recently posted on reddit ( not even on his own forums hahaha. The CEO doesn't even post on the forums his company owns. Thats down right silly. ) a bunch of mishmash. The community ( most of which have no leadership experience at all ) ate it up of course. After listening to the garbage he spewed as total fluff and nonsense I lost all faith in the company as a whole. Look a few posts up and you will see a ton of things Riot didn't deliver on. They keep stacking up.

Why are deadlines not met? Leadership/management doesn't know what their people are doing and forcing them to get things done.

It all comes down to leadership. Oh, and for those of you who will inevitably come out and talk about how I don't know how to run a company or large groups of people etc I will take the challenge of running any company Riot's size anyday. I've dealt with more people and more powerful people ( congress anybody? ) easily. So yea, that would be hella fun.

Thales

01-11-2014

Quote:
Though I know it's not your department, I'd just like to say that I'm continually impressed how much Riot continues to raise the bar on what the average skin is. Almost everything from 2013 was of superb quality compared to what came before (Unique recall animations on virtually every skin? Nice!) and from what I've seen on PBE, 2014 seems set to continue that high level of quality.

FatedTitan

01-11-2014

I think the frustration of 1350 skins comes from a lack of other options. Take Zyra for example. She finally gets a new skin, but it's priced at 1350. Zyra fans now are basically required to pay $10 for a skin that they like for a champion. Then there are others who have tons of 520 skins. It's just disappointing when there's such a lack of options skin-wise for some champs, while Teemo is getting another.