When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DM DunkMaster

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
I once said that RiotGypsylord was my friend, but really he was only a close acquaintance.
You once said that Zyra was too strong a mid and that the "Changes" in 3.14 would not hurt mage Zyra.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt in that you believed what you were saying and did not intentionally mislead the Zyra playing community.
In her description she is still listed as mage first, and support second, yet support is her only viable role at the moment.

EpicSmurfAccount

01-11-2014

Honestly, I think the best thing Riot can do for the forums at the moment is make a Sticky telling people to post in the appropriate forum AND THEN ACTUALLY HAVE REDS STAY ON THEIR RELEVANT FORUM. 90% of the time, Rioters come on to GD for Joke/Game threads which is quite...disappointing considering they're probably doing so at the expense of a 1000 word thread that someone has quite likely spent in excess of 45 minutes writing.

EDIT: At this point, people just post cr*p on the forums purely to get a rise out/the attention of Rioters for the sake of it. Stick to your relevant forums Rioters and our posts will too.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgWTFyVampBak View Post
thank you for the post, but when the announcement forum---
?

Riot has used the News page since the new League page opened...why are you still using the announcement forum?

That's neither reddit or forums, that's a web page. A web page that is at the top of every forum page.

Quote:
its fine to use reddit. its not fine to make announcements there and not tell anyone about it outside of reddit. i SHOULD NOT have to go to a subreddit to find out news about the game i play and whos site i visit daily.
I could be wrong

what threads have we missed that were put on Reddit, to be exact?

The only one in particular i'm aware of is the Reddit talks with Tryndamere. Which i do wish they would link somewhere on this site.

Banuvan

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Ignoring is easier said than done. Most (if not all) Rioters are extremely passionate about what they do, so when people vehemently attack their decisions, it hurts. Plus we can't completely ignore the attacks because these are our community members that have some legitimate reason to think and say the things that they do, even if their arguments aren't great. We don't want to become callous to player pain at any level, and ignoring flames is a step in that direction I feel.

Ignoring straight up trolls who don't care about the game or the community is not hard. Just ban them from the forums. If they aren't contributing in any way then get rid of them. Ignoring them does nothing what has already happened. The Official Riot forums are complete garbage. Seriously, they hark from the 90s with their lack of functionality. There is little to no moderation. There is almost no interaction with Riot anymore ( I've been playing for a while. Riot employees used to post all the time wether it was funny or an explanation of something that was being misinterpreted ).

So Riot blames the community for destroying their official forums that they run? How about Riot starts taking some action against those that bring nothing to the discussion? Inaction by those with the power and authority to act constitutes agreement that the action being done is ok. Then you guys leave your own forums to the trolls and go to Reddit or other third party websites. Reign of Gaming is more informative than your own website! That's a little sad and disturbing to me.

Chris Green

01-11-2014

Negatives Of 2013:
•Riot did not hit the number of champions they promised to produce
•The number of skins and content drastically decreased from last year
•Item and Champion balance was off for far too long
•No RP purchase rewards that were promised in January
•Splash arts take an entire month to produce (According to Tryndamere himself. They're either lying to you and taking their sweet time, or you don't have enough artists. Your old splash spotlights used to take six hours to complete)
•Still no real conclusion to leavers in Ranked (Although, it's gotten much better)
•There's still a very small champion pool being played in the professional scene
•You're trying to force us over to a reddit-style forum that 90% of the community does not want
•Still nothing being done about smurfs and players with 3-4 accounts in Challenger
•Nobody from your company likes to post in threads like these, or to explain what happened when things go wrong. We're always left in the dark
•No lore
•Riot lost their E-Sport of the year award

MeteorManX

01-11-2014

Bump for great justice!

NasusIsMyLover

Recruiter

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Zephyreal View Post
snip
A lot of us are okay with this but sometimes we just want to know that it's been brought to Riot's attention. Sometimes just a "We are currently looking into this" or "I have read everything in this thread and am not able to make a comment at this time" is just enough to satisfy us.

omgWTFyVampBak

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
?

Riot has used the News page since the new League page opened...why are you still using the announcement forum?

That's neither reddit or forums, that's a web page. A web page that is at the top of every forum page.

I could be wrong

what threads have we missed that were put on Reddit, to be exact?

The only one in particular i'm aware of is the Reddit talks with Tryndamere. Which i do wish they would link somewhere on this site.
the most recent incident was the ip for validating email bit. it was announced on reddit and i have yet to see a red post informing the forums about it.

Chris Green

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextech Malzahar View Post
Negatives Of 2013:
•Riot did not hit the number of champions they promised to produce
•The number of skins and content drastically decreased from last year
•Item and Champion balance was off for far too long
•No RP purchase rewards that were promised in January
•Splash arts take an entire month to produce (According to Tryndamere himself. They're either lying to you and taking their sweet time, or you don't have enough artists. Your old splash spotlights used to take six hours to complete)
•Still no real conclusion to leavers in Ranked (Although, it's gotten much better)
•There's still a very small champion pool being played in the professional scene
•You're trying to force us over to a reddit-style forum that 90% of the community does not want
•Still nothing being done about smurfs and players with 3-4 accounts in Challenger
•Nobody from your company likes to post in threads like these, or to explain what happened when things go wrong. We're always left in the dark
•No lore
•Riot lost their E-Sport of the year award
the last bullet proves the decline in support for Riot