When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-11-2014
32 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltui View Post
@WizardCrab DO YOU LIKE HERMIT CRABS?
They're ok. I harbor a resentment for them because in 3rd grade we had two hermit crabs in our class during some science unit. At the end of the unit, there was a lottery for which students got to take them home as pets. Three students entered. I was the one who didn't get a hermit crab.

Chris Green

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
I don't think people consciously "ditch the forums." It's just that when some version of every word you say becomes a promise it makes you think twice about posting.
I disagree with you strongly. Many reds have been attempting to move people to reddit, instead of just updating the forums.

There is a strong difference between a promise and tossing out ideas and opinions. The thing is most promises by reds are never kept, and when things change you don't tell us what's happening.

ExpertSockThrow

01-11-2014

WizardCrab, I know it's COMPLETELY outside of your department, but is there a person or a team that is dedicated to Player Communication? Specifically, making sure that important news is heard by as many people as possible? Because if that's the case, then please tell them that posting only on Reddit does not in any way reach the majority of your player-base. I only knew that Tryndamere had posted something to the community, only knew about major LCS changes and events, and the whole e-mail verification thing because I visit Surrender@20. My friends knew nothing until I directed them to S@20. While I'm grateful that you guys keep us informed, please remember that there are, shockingly, people who don't use or go to Reddit... especially for official news from Riot. Thanks.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-11-2014
33 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstVayneMars View Post
I hear alot about surveys and data and what not but we see no evidence of these numbers. Any plans to share with the community the data collected or results of these surveys?

I also really want to know... what do you think about a Poro Champion being released?
Honestly, no specific plans that I know of. You can trust us or not. But it's really not in our best interest to make skins that our community doesn't want, you know?

Ophelmark

01-11-2014

Quote:
"lel imagine singed in a Nazi uniform and his gas could be like what they did with the jews xDDDDDD"
LMAO i almost **** myself laughing after readings this.Anyway don't listen to this man Riot i take the freedom to see naked ashe,sona and mf pics here over nazu mods.Reddit is fine.I can go there at the click of a mouse or something if i want to read any of your official posts riot.Who cares if Phreak doesn't post here anymore?do you have a hard on for him?

AntiMage II

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
1. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time. We also didn't lower the price of champions at the time.
2. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time.
3. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time. Honestly, people like the 1350 skins more. We have endless amounts of surveys and data to back this up.
4. I'm sure this was intended and we have a ton of lore that you guys don't know about. I know nothing about the plans to release it.
5. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time. We've already explained this in depth and I'm not going to go into it again here.
A "change of strategy" doesn't change the fact that the community was mislead from initial promises made by Riot; irrespective of whether or not it was planned at the time.

SentinelElite

01-11-2014

I feel like a lot of community issues could be solved here just by rioters posting. A lot of people, myself included, would like to have more chances to discuss things with you guys, be it balance, pricing, or just random stuff going on. You really don't even have to say anything of value, just talk to people and their opinions of Riot as a company will improve.

Jikker

01-11-2014

Just because the community likes 1350 skins more (because they are usually higher quality) doesn't mean that those of us on a budget wouldn't like to see some mediocre skins that are 520 or 750 instead of 1350.

My one-cent because too poor to afford two-cents

Chris Green

01-11-2014

so pink taric was tricky though...

sylvanas valeria

01-11-2014

@Wizard crab. Why are you changing rengar's q to such a low duration you can hold it? I know the counter play was a bit low but common. He is an assassin.