Upcoming Irelia Changes Request

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toka Jei

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Shibo View Post
irelia mains are delusional. irelia does not have a f*cking "identity". true damage and lifegain on every auto is not an identity. never being punished for getting forced under tower is not an identity. free tenacity and targetted gapcloser for faceroll dives is not an identity. spammable ult that is impossible to miss with is not an identity.

irelia's only "identity" is her T&A and the fact that she was at one point completely broken.

irelia got gutted because of her toxic, overloaded kit and the game is far better off because of it. they made her far stronger than any top laner has any right to be, they sold a bunch of skins, and then they nerfed the **** out of her. you irelia mains got exactly what you deserved.
I hope you realize there are a good number of irelia mains who started to play her post nerf, such as myself. Why do I main her then? because she is extremely fun to play, is an excellent anti carry, and with decent skill you can get fed and snowball (I can 90% of the time in normals). She needs changes because her nerfs are outdated for the current meta but since her kit is 'broken' by nature buffs are a very tricky solution. Also, she tends to fall off a bit late game and is constantly outshined by her cousin Jax.

Toka Jei

01-11-2014

I think a solid compromise would be to raise her AP ratios to at least 0.7 up from 0.5. Yes 1.0 did seem a bit extreme but even with those ratios I believe the standard BoRK Tforce + Defensive build is going to be the most viable on her anyways. But with increased ratios her ult and E won't be as weak anymore and she could maybe get away with building a tanky AP item like Rylai's late game for its utility and stats. Even Zhonyas. That would be fun on her. Ezreal even said (in her champ spotlight) he made her to be a champ where you can build a wide rage of items on so why not make her more fun to build instead of her having only one or two viable builds. Ya they may not be excellent competitively but in normals it would be awesome.

Kchaosrei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

why do players think they get to decide how champs are balenced.

The only thing you get to decide is if u play the champ or not.

StonedSamurai

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Shibo View Post
irelia mains are delusional. irelia does not have a f*cking "identity". true damage and lifegain on every auto is not an identity. never being punished for getting forced under tower is not an identity. free tenacity and targetted gapcloser for faceroll dives is not an identity. spammable ult that is impossible to miss with is not an identity.

irelia's only "identity" is her T&A and the fact that she was at one point completely broken.

irelia got gutted because of her toxic, overloaded kit and the game is far better off because of it. they made her far stronger than any top laner has any right to be, they sold a bunch of skins, and then they nerfed the **** out of her. you irelia mains got exactly what you deserved.
She was problematic in season 2 because of the meta. There were many reasons why season 2 favored her which made her OP.

1. Laning:

You couldn't start a ward in s2, you pretty much had to start boots 3. Level 2 ganks were a thing, and top lane controlled the outcome of a game far more than it ever did. I don't remember the exact stats, but in competitive play, the team that won top lane was going to win 70% of the time or something ridiculous like that. Irelia scales with levels, and she can come back in lane-even if she died earlier- as long as she kept up in levels. This made her an extremely safe pick. There were champions that would mess Irelia up in lane who were never seen in competitive let alone solo queue because top lane was so unforgiving.

2. Items:

Season 2 items were amazing for irelia and she had a lot of viable and gold efficient build paths to choose from. Witts end, ionic spark, trinity force, frozen mallet, atmas/warmogs, FORCE OF NATURE, and old GA which was broken. She had a lot of viable options that allowed her to adapt different situations.

3. Resistances and true damage:

Resistances were nerfed which led to HP being more effective and other champions doing more damage overall. HP counters true damage, which meant that people buying HP items such as randuins or sunfire over GA was a counter to Irelia. Resistances nerf buffed most champions damage output but Irelia's main damage steroid, her true damage, remained the same. A resistance nerf is a buff to damage output unless the damage type is true damage. In this sense, Irelia got somewhat left behind by the resistance changes.

4. Power creeping

A lot of champions have more overloaded kits than Irelia. Nuff said.

Interestingly enough, Irelia was always around a 49% winrate in season 2, and broke 50% about once or twice a week if you looked at lolking stats. Overall, her average win rate has been below 50% for the past 2 years. She appeared to have more power than she really did in s2 because the meta favord her. I don't get why people complained about her so hard, or why Morello gave her so much attention when there were a lot worse offenders like Twisted Fate(who got gutted after dominating for a period harder and longer than Irelia)

tl;dr she was OP because top lane was a terrible place, she was a safe pick for top lane, and she had better items choices.

Irelia Carries U

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
regardless of whether or not we make changes to a given champion, i don't think anyone is going to stop you from discussing those changes as long as you aren't breaking any rules and are relatively civil about it. just treat each other with respect and you'll be fine. :3

if what you're asking for is a discussion thread with a lot of involvement with the developer working on potential irelia changes, that's completely up to the developer that ends up working on her. in any case, i don't believe anyone is working on her at this time—i think she's a bit further down the line.
thanks for the response

Fiora All Night

01-11-2014

Me and other Karma players feel your pain. Having a champ you like get deleted is not fun.

Really it'd just be decent of Riot to actually talk about some of these changes before bringing them to the PBE where very, very often it goes to live even if it wouldn't fix the problems they were made to fix.

With Karma, they kept us in the dark and gave us a new champ who retained no core gameplay elements that made us like Karma in the first place (up to and including the theme which actually made her name make sense). Let's not do that again, please, for everyone's sake.

Irelia Carries U

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiora All Night View Post
Me and other Karma players feel your pain. Having a champ you like get deleted is not fun.

Really it'd just be decent of Riot to actually talk about some of these changes before bringing them to the PBE where very, very often it goes to live even if it wouldn't fix the problems they were made to fix.

With Karma, they kept us in the dark and gave us a new champ who retained no core gameplay elements that made us like Karma in the first place (up to and including the theme which actually made her name make sense). Let's not do that again, please, for everyone's sake.
yeah i can understand however if its healthier for irelia, i'd adapt

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-11-2014
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R35ur3c710n View Post
Woah, rickless, I havn't seen you in a bit. You been busy, or have i just not been paying attention?
part of it is being busy, the other part is that a lot of my work has been on bigger projects that don't lend themselves to general conversation (i.e., not many people are chatting about the stuff i'm directly working on).

once season 4 stuff is all wrapped up i'll be able to work on moderate size projects again, which would include champions like galio, irelia, et al that need more than a small number adjustment or two.

Irelia Carries U

01-11-2014

Quote:
part of it is being busy, the other part is that a lot of my work has been on bigger projects that don't lend themselves to general conversation (i.e., not many people are chatting about the stuff i'm directly working on).

once season 4 stuff is all wrapped up i'll be able to work on moderate size projects again, which would include champions like galio, irelia, et al that need more than a small number adjustment or two.
i see, at least its not a complete overhaul like morello made it sound a while ago ;p

Ralik098

01-11-2014

Quote:

I really hope something is done for Irelia this season. I don't know, it has become almost standard for champions to be nerfed into the ground then left there for a rework for multiple years now. Heimer, Poppy, Sion, Shaco, pretty much any champion Riot deems problematic is nerfed into the ground then left to rot. Only the most egregious cases like Eve and Olaf are looked at quickly... well for Riot time anyways, Eve still took over a year and Olaf took something like nine months? This really needs to improve. I know this isn't your fault and I'm sorry for taking it out on you, its just that Riot playing favorites with game balance has really ruined this game for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelia Carries U View Post
i see, at least its not a complete overhaul like morello made it sound a while ago ;p
Also this, really happy to hear Morello might have been completely wrong.

12345678 ... 10