When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Banuvan

Senior Member

01-11-2014

No rioter has ever lied before? What about the great skins debacle? Riot never responded to all the proof that Riot lied straight to our faces saying those skins would never be released again.

BTW, the reason you guys don't even like your own forums is because they are horrible and have been for years. There is no real moderation. There is no containment of the obvious trolls ( just go look at all the bronze/silver bashing here in GD ). Hell, Rioters post in more troll threads than they do in real threads addressing concerns.

Scared to say something and have it being taken as gospel? Welcome to being in a position of authority. Maybe if you guys dealt with facts and posted only things that are true you wouldn't have the problems you have now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-11-2014
27 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiMage II View Post
With regards to misleading the community.

-6300 IP won't become the standard price for champions
-Champion pricing refecting skill
-1350 RP skins are just a trial, not to be a regular thing
-Lore is important and will be continued in new ways following the end of JoJ
-Limited skins no longer being limited

To name a few.
1. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time. We also didn't lower the price of champions at the time.
2. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time.
3. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time. Honestly, people like the 1350 skins more. We have endless amounts of surveys and data to back this up.
4. I'm sure this was intended and we have a ton of lore that you guys don't know about. I know nothing about the plans to release it.
5. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time. We've already explained this in depth and I'm not going to go into it again here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DN Frosty

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpertSockThrow View Post
I've been been an internet crusader on trying to get Riot to stop using Reddit to spread important information and Q&A sessions, but do they listen? No. Even their own Community Beta (Reddit 2.0 with a Dev Tracker) is hardly visited by them- and the only person posting is RiotGirl. Having to go to a third-party source like S@20 to read that Tryndamere posted a State of the Union address is unforgivable. Riot's becoming more and more like Blizzard, and I'm saying this as someone who's been playing since before S1 and has invested a lot of money in the game because I liked the company. I don't like Riot as they are now, so until they start improving how they communicate to us, I'll save what I had set aside in my budget for LoL.

I think if we saw an improvement -Rioters cross-posting important information from Reddit, more Red activity, heck, ANYTHING they've been promising since 2010- faith would be restored.
The problem there isnt exactly 100% riots fault. They listen to the community as much as they can trying to filter out the idiot posts. The problem is for every one good piece of feedback someone can give, there's about another thousand stupid and useless posts that half the time arent even about the same subject. Riots just trying to expand their forms of communication in hope that the trolls and others will keep to the forums XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

redz

Senior Member

01-11-2014

regarding how everything here may turn into a bigger commitment, it's more due to just having much more people seeking info at here than on leddit.

gossips tend to get a bit distorted when they go through so many mouths.
still not a valid reason not to post here. in fact it's just more reason to post even more, in order to make things much more clear.
(sorry for any possible grammar mistakes. english is not my native language)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

guiltui

Senior Member

01-11-2014

@WizardCrab DO YOU LIKE HERMIT CRABS?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WorstVayneMars

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
1. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time. We also didn't lower the price of champions at the time.
2. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time.
3. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time. Honestly, people like the 1350 skins more. We have endless amounts of surveys and data to back this up.
4. I'm sure this was intended and we have a ton of lore that you guys don't know about. I know nothing about the plans to release it.
5. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time. We've already explained this in depth and I'm not going to go into it again here.
I hear alot about surveys and data and what not but we see no evidence of these numbers. Any plans to share with the community the data collected or results of these surveys?

I also really want to know... what do you think about a Poro Champion being released?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Banuvan

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
1. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time. We also didn't lower the price of champions at the time.
2. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time.
3. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time. Honestly, people like the 1350 skins more. We have endless amounts of surveys and data to back this up.
4. I'm sure this was intended and we have a ton of lore that you guys don't know about. I know nothing about the plans to release it.
5. Change of strategy that wasn't planned at the time. We've already explained this in depth and I'm not going to go into it again here.

So, when you say one thing and do another thing that would constitute a lie. See why people attack Riot? So much misinformation from the actual people working on the game ( wasn't hippalaus lead person on pricing and such at the time?) and in charge of things. As a small business owner myself I don't say something to customers that could change or turn out to make me look like a liar. It's bad business and I would bleed customers if I started lying to them.

Also, about all this data. I call bull**** due to the fact that Riot only posts data that makes you guys look good. Lyte got ran off the forums for never posting data and being generally full of **** and having it proven at every turn. Either share the data or just be quiet about it. It makes you guys look like you are covering up more and more and makes you look worse and worse as a company. Not individuals ( i have nothing against you ) but the entire company looks like garbage when you do this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-11-2014
28 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstVayneMars View Post
Ofc plans change but wouldn't having some kinf of dedicated channel of communication with players prevent these issue? Maybe a giant disclaimer at the bottom stating what you say much like the ones in the medication commercials.
Everybody hates the medication disclaimers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-11-2014
29 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasusIsMyLover View Post
Guys, guys, guys! Let's not lose sight of the main thread here! You can ask WizardCrab all about eCommerce later but right now I want to know why Riot has somewhat abandoned the forums and moved to Reddit instead? I know Crab has said he has more posts here than on Reddit, but that's not the case with MANY MANY other Rioters.

Why have you forsaken us? When will you be back if you ever choose to? I don't want to have to go to Reddit to get the latest news as fast as possible but that seems to be the case!

Can I get some comments on your thoughts on my main post?
Sure. I will try to post more. I really can't speak for anyone else. I'm not sure what else I can say.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WorstVayneMars

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Everybody hates the medication disclaimers.
Maybe because it shows that the medication side effects can be sometimes more lethal then the health problem it treats?

At least you can point to the disclaimer and say... "We told you so" XD