When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DN Frosty

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrozenIsles View Post
I agree with what Brohoof and DN Frosty said. This forum is not a very nice place at all for any of thee Reds.
Someone on the forums agrees with me, Im a little scared now XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkinnerBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
I don't think people consciously "ditch the forums." It's just that when some version of every word you say becomes a promise it makes you think twice about posting.
Then explain all of the things being posted on your new Reddit? No one knew about the email verification thing, you guys post huge AMAs and so much other stuff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WorstVayneMars

Senior Member

01-11-2014

I'm serious about that Poro champ though. What do you guys hink about making one, Wizard?

Porina, Savior of the Poros (the name is a placeholder).

I see her as a melee bruiser/tank/jungler and anotehr guy on this thread wnated a poro/pet mechanic with her. She would be like a Joan of Arc figure.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4116885


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstVayneMars View Post
Have you read your thread at all?

TL,DR its basically b/c people take everything that Riot says as law and when things change, like many plans do, people rage. Also have you seen the hostility on these forums? Why would I even want to be here as a thread.

THE REDS ARE SCARED OF YOU GD!

Get it through your thick skull already that GD's toxic bull**** is what scared them off.


EXACTLY!!!


In fact: This clip sums it up perfectly


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2014

In general the thing for me is, it seems as though Riot has put themselves between a rock and a hard place. If they post often with no substance, people will get mad because they aren't getting answers. If Rioters don't post, people will get mad because they aren't getting answers AND Riot is ignoring them. The lesser of the evils is technically posting often and dealing with the backlash, not avoiding posting because it could end up being a bad thing.

Also, the community is willing to help deal with the effort of watching the forums and spreading information. We're absolutely eager to help you guys (Riot) handle things, but we'd need the tools to be able to do that. Whatever happened to Emissaries? What about Adjudicators actually having a purpose? Why are these groups not utilized to their full potential?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExpertSockThrow

Senior Member

01-11-2014

I've been been an internet crusader on trying to get Riot to stop using Reddit to spread important information and Q&A sessions, but do they listen? No. Even their own Community Beta (Reddit 2.0 with a Dev Tracker) is hardly visited by them- and the only person posting is RiotGirl. Having to go to a third-party source like S@20 to read that Tryndamere posted a State of the Union address is unforgivable. Riot's becoming more and more like Blizzard, and I'm saying this as someone who's been playing since before S1 and has invested a lot of money in the game because I liked the company. I don't like Riot as they are now, so until they start improving how they communicate to us, I'll save what I had set aside in my budget for LoL.

I think if we saw an improvement -Rioters cross-posting important information from Reddit, more Red activity, heck, ANYTHING they've been promising since 2010- faith would be restored.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WorstVayneMars

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasusIsMyLover View Post
So that's it then. When people come to your house and start vandalizing it, you're just going to move to someone else's house instead of taking control of the situation?

Riot gets harassed on their own website. Instead of dishing out bans, restrictions, making posts reportable, and getting a grasp on the situation, they have decided to just say "oh **** it, let's just move back to our parent's house ala reddit?"

How does that make ANY sense?
You make a valid point and Riot having dedicated, visible mods would help out, but what about us as a community taking charge of it and not putting up with that kind of behavior? Everyone just feeds into the BS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DN Frosty

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
EXACTLY!!!


In fact: This clip sums it up perfectly


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g
YESSSSSS League forums summed up into a youtube video. Its Perfect!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gerrikk

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohoof View Post
I think it's pretty obvious. Riot get's attacked at almost every turn. There are entire anti-Riot threads, people manipulate every little thing they say, etc. Sure it's just the internet being the internet but imagine how bad it must feel to try and give insight into some issue, just to be quoted without context and look like a terrible person? If I was a Rioter I would have a lot of trouble interacting with this community tbh.

EDIT: this isn't to say Riot hasn't doen some questionable things in the past, but almost always our complaints and ire fall on the wrong individuals.
I know at my work if I'm dealing with a customer and they accuse me of lying I go ahead and just end the conversation. If you are going to dismiss everything I say as a lie then there isn't any point in having a discussion.

I definitely understand Riot not wanting to deal with a lot of the cr@p on this forum. However I don't think that should stop them from at least posting announcements and such here even if it's in a locked thread. It's frustrating to me to have to go to so many 3rd party websites to try to find when tournaments are happening or what the latest pbe patch notes are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farranor

Senior Member

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Morgageddon View Post
._.
Morgageddon = medium katarina

/detective