When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frosthaven

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Morgageddon View Post
Morgageddon pops in.

Leave it to WizardCrab to have that magical timing I suppose ._.

I feel like something needs to happen. Something that gets people really involved with Riot as a company again. It's more than any one person can really accomplish alone, so it'd take a real initiative directed towards the community. I think people are just sort of starting to feel abandoned.

You guys are awesome - you, Eliv, Morg, etc. One day I'm going to have to pry you all away from your paying jobs to host some sort of fan-made event to get the connection between riot and the players going strong again.

Well, I have been playing in Riot vs. Community... it's been restarted and coordinated with rioters via Rhojin... we're 1-1 for the last two events...
I heard a thing or two about that! I was going to go to bed but then you just had to respond! Morg, wanted to thank you as well for being patient with the community. This place isn't always easy to stomach but you guys here do a good job - don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

The only constructive feedback really needing to be portrayed was laid out rather nicely in the OP, but I can recognize that you don't have direct access over the problems listed. Stay awesome and gnight!

WorstVayneMars

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstVayneMars View Post
Wizard and CertainlyT, what do you think about having a poro champion?

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4116885
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanVaynePlease View Post
Samurais and Light gun slinging evil spirit hunters but I want to ride a freelo train of cuddliness. I want to kill my enemies with cuteness. I want a Poro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porina, Savior of the Poros
The Poros lived in peace with the tribes of the Freljord. They accepted food and protection from their predators from teh Freljord tribes in return for Poro-dorable hugs and kisses, but one Poro was not satisfied being bound to the Ones with Arms. Having been the born the pet Poro of an Avarosan diplomat she saw Valoran and all of its wonders. From the mighty fortresses of Demacia and Noxus to the great spiritual temples of Ionia to the temples of Science and Progress in Piltover and Bandle City. Growing up inspired by these civilizations, Porina sought to create a mighty kingdom of Poro-kind that would command respect from all of Valoran and not just feed off of the handouts of their former Armed Masters. While many her kin thought of her as crazy she managed to gather a small following of Poros who shared her vision. Feeling nothing but determination and sheer will of spirit, the boat of her dreams sailing on nothing but the criticisms and jokes of her former Freljord masters and her very own kin she seeks admittance to the one place where her and her followers can begin forging their legacy, The League of Legends.
The time of the Master Poro Race is upon us

PS: Her name is a name in progress. Porina is just a place holder.

Ideas for Release Skin: Empress Porina

Friends: Orianna, Fizz, Nami
Rivals: Sejuani, Tryndamere, Volibear

Master Poro Race!

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-11-2014
23 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextech Malzahar View Post
all we want is to be informed when this happens, instead of feeling left in the dark.

and ditching the forums all together instead of fixing the problem only furthers frustrations with reds
I don't think people consciously "ditch the forums." It's just that when some version of every word you say becomes a promise it makes you think twice about posting.

FyshinaTux

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances View Post
and why I always skip that part and just give an idea of were the ability falls in power level compared to the rest of there kit,high,mid,low
I'd rather give some manner of numbers as a starting point, instead of just saying "hi, i'm the REALLY good skill", that way if Riot ever uses one of my concepts (I fully condone them doing so, and will sign whatever waver would be necessary for them to use one of my designs if they thought the design was good enough) it's not completely up in the air on the numbers (also, I feel they'd be more likely to accept using a player submitted design if there was less work for them to do (i.e. not having to come up with numbers.))

Brohoof

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
I don't think people consciously "ditch the forums." It's just that when some version of every word you say becomes a promise it makes you think twice about posting.

I think Riot needs more than one text color on the forums. Different colors should relate to different departments. I feel like this would lower the expectations of every Riot post to be from some authority on the subject.

Just my 2 cents.

WorstVayneMars

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Ofc plans change but wouldn't having some kinf of dedicated channel of communication with players prevent these issue? Maybe a giant disclaimer at the bottom stating what you say much like the ones in the medication commercials.

NasusIsMyLover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2014

Guys, guys, guys! Let's not lose sight of the main thread here! You can ask WizardCrab all about eCommerce later but right now I want to know why Riot has somewhat abandoned the forums and moved to Reddit instead? I know Crab has said he has more posts here than on Reddit, but that's not the case with MANY MANY other Rioters.

Why have you forsaken us? When will you be back if you ever choose to? I don't want to have to go to Reddit to get the latest news as fast as possible but that seems to be the case!

Can I get some comments on your thoughts on my main post?

Brohoof

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasusIsMyLover View Post
Guys, guys, guys! Let's not lose sight of the main thread here! You can ask WizardCrab all about eCommerce later but right now I want to know why Riot has somewhat abandoned the forums and moved to Reddit instead? I know Crab has said he has more posts here than on Reddit, but that's not the case with MANY MANY other Rioters.

Why have you forsaken us? When will you be back if you ever choose to? I don't want to have to go to Reddit to get the latest news as fast as possible but that seems to be the case!

Can I get some comments on your thoughts on my main post?
I think it's pretty obvious. Riot get's attacked at almost every turn. There are entire anti-Riot threads, people manipulate every little thing they say, etc. Sure it's just the internet being the internet but imagine how bad it must feel to try and give insight into some issue, just to be quoted without context and look like a terrible person? If I was a Rioter I would have a lot of trouble interacting with this community tbh.

EDIT: this isn't to say Riot hasn't doen some questionable things in the past, but almost always our complaints and ire fall on the wrong individuals.

sylvanas valeria

01-11-2014

Well hippalus is hated here... And tryndamere's rant was a slap in the face. He posted it in reddit to. Had to read it through a complaint thread. About that -____-.

DN Frosty

01-11-2014

Tbh I always thought rioters stopped posting on the forums because everyone wanted something from them. Yes Riot has grown into a pretty successful company, and yes the people that work for them are awesome, but everytime I see a red post, for the next 20 or so comments its just people asking them to post on their thread or X champion needs a nerf/buff. If it was my job to make posts on this forum, I would probably go nuts from all the complaints and negativity I see on here. Maybe if the forums found that one little ray of sunshine that made them come play league in the first place instead of it being a dark hostile ground that no red dares to tread, more of them would come back.

Just stating my opinion on all this