When will RIOT come back to their forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkinnerBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
This right here is what scares people from the forums. You take any red post as gospel. Sometimes situations change. Or we're wrong (we're human, not infallible). But I cannot think of any time that a Rioter intentionally misled the community on anything (other than jokes). Ever. And that's the honest truth.
*Mecha Zix released*
This is a one time time thing. 1350 skins won't become a thing.
*several months later*
We are changing skins to represent their effort put into them.
*raises prices of all the popular skins*

Dances

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnerBlade View Post
*Mecha Zix released*
This is a one time time thing. 1350 skins won't become a thing.
*several months later*
We are changing skins to represent their effort put into them.
*raises prices of all the popular skins*
*several months later*

sylvanas valeria

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
I once said that RiotGypsylord was my friend, but really he was only a close acquaintance.
DUN DUN DUN.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_gifs/...c+Cat+2013+GIF

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-11-2014
19 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances View Post
okay then,may I inquire if rumble is one?i got lucky and played a yorick one for all so i'm god there

I think rumble may be one of the last champs I need

Edit: just confirmed rumble is the LAST!
He may be. I'm at home and don't have that info on this computer

Zastie

01-11-2014

Quote:
You say this, but people see red and think authority here. Not everyone. But some people.
Well, as long as you say "IMO blah blah blah" and stuff I think it should be fine for the most part. I mean, your job is pasted next to your name. And of course sometimes someone will misunderstand at some point, but why should that stop you from posting?

KSHarrison

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
Wizard! You don't have to only talk about your department ya know. You can just always join in on GD with your own personal opinions, which is even easier since you're not in the balance department too, since people can't be all "Well Riot balance thinks ___ is a bit OP!" or something. Plz, these forums need more love from Riot in general, just pop on in whenever.

Attachment 875556
I agree! The only problem is that when Riot posts a lot on the forums here, people take it for granted. Riot used to post a lot here, and back then, they would get persecuted more often than not for posting. Perceived flaws in the game warranted insults to Rioters; mistakes said by Rioters or any inconsistency in their long-term decision-making resulted in entire threads full of hate. Look at the Olaf rework thread against Scarizard. He even said after that that he would not do that approach again because it was such a bad experience for him

If people were to show Rioters basic respect, respect that is due any person in most contexts, they may have never left in the first place. I can't really blame them that they are looking for new venues, or withdrawing in general on the communication front.

Riot Frosthaven

01-11-2014

Quote:
Hey if you get a serious fan event together I'm sure we'd all be there
I shall remember you said this, and wake you at 3am! No but it'll be a lot of fun for sure. Hope we can work something out soon!

As for the bits about people taking your words as gospel I can see the frustrations with that. I imagine a lot of it comes down to not shooting the messenger.

I may not be an employee, but if there is anything you guys feel that we can do to help please let us know. I'm pretty passionate about this community - even with the bad and ugly tangling up the good.

And now for the non-topic question of the millennium - did you get anything good from santa?

Riot Wittrock

QA Analyst

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
I once said that RiotGypsylord was my friend, but really he was only a close acquaintance.
Wait, you're telling me that not all Rioters are best friends? :P

ManDudeMcDudeman

01-11-2014

Yo WizardCrab, any chance we're ever going to see a Crab Wizard champion? Because that would be awesome.

Or a Crab anything champion. Crabs are cool.

Unversable13

The Council

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDudeMcDudeman View Post
Yo WizardCrab, any chance we're ever going to see a Crab Wizard champion? Because that would be awesome.

Or a Crab anything champion. Crabs are cool.
giant enemy crabgot broooo