Yasuo is now at a comfortable 50% win rate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MP44 Rommel

01-11-2014

Hello

can you please stop making resourceless champions. They have far more non-choices than meaningful decisions to make in gameplay.

What is the actual drawback that Yasuo has for being resourceless? He is pure output with little to no input

it's certainly not "long cooldowns" It's certainly not itemization, and it's certainly not a mechanical limitation of his playstyle.

"hur dur he melee and very aggresive in the thick of the fight" cough Fiora Darius

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Yasuo is designed to have a "Tristana-esque" power curve -- a strong level 1-3, a notable spike at 6, with a distinct trail off until he reaches his core items. I really like these sort of power curves across time because they mean that one player is sometimes the aggressor and sometimes not. Figuring out "who's the beat down" given a number of variables is one of the cooler aspects the laning phase.

That said, it's very possible that Yasuo's levels 1 and 2 are too strong. Too soon to tell at the moment though. At the moment, I think that with cautious play Yasuo is containable at these levels. I also think that Yasuo needs to play very cautiously himself the rest of the time.
I don't really think he has a trail off though. I think after he gets shiv he pretty much becomes an assassin, although more predictable I guess. Which reminds me, right now Yasuo is able to cast Q while mid-animation during his ult, increasing his burst damage and reliability. Is this intended?

Lanthelot

01-11-2014

It's still too early to acces his power. At the moment there's a mixture of good and bad players, there's also a lot of opponents that simply dont understand how he works, which end up working in favor of the yasuo player. His lvl 1-2 are indeed strong, but that is what've expirienced and it's probably my opponents fault.

Many people simply allow me to charge my 4 E stacks at lvl 1-2, understanding that it takes a considerable time too charge it when E is lvl 1 is crucial. Taking advantage of this doesn't come naturally to the unaware opponent. I'm sure once opponents start understanding this his early levels will be easier to handle

t4tNoFp4Ve

01-11-2014

Quote:
Hey guys,

We're relatively happy with Yasuo's current power level, for a few reasons:
I remember you guys (specifically, Morello after talking to balance team) about Ahri's power level
Then, after MANY MONTHS with absolutely no changes, she was nerfed

MP44 Rommel

01-11-2014

your downvote circlejerk fanboys is cute and all, but don't let that cloud your judgement

but answer my question regarding game design please

tailsmph

01-11-2014

Yo CertainlyT, you wanna update Q's tooltip to make sure everyone knows the crit reduction is bigger on Q (25% as opposed to 10%).I can see why it's there but it should be mentioned somewhere; I had to consult the wiki to learn about it

KSHarrison

01-11-2014

Quote:

These changes put him in a position where we can better assess his true power level. I would note that many players have already played 100+ Yasuo games, so we are starting to get meaningful feedback which suggests that he is not as dramatically out of line. Since you appear to have very few games with him, I don't think you're in a better position to assess whether or not he is overpowered.
LOL awesome to see Riot giving some tough love

ValoxBear

01-11-2014

doesnt mean anything. just the noob rush on new champ has subsided.

just dont pick yasuo if u live in euro or even east coast.

Oopsie Bear

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
Yasuo's problem revolves around the fact that if you build a team comp completely around him he is broken as hell. But then he has another problem of, even if you build a team comp around him he is snowbally as hell.

If Yasuo gets ahead he will stay ahead, but if he gets behind it's damn near impossible to catch up on him. As far as dueling goes, for the whole split push route. There are actually a lot of champions that duel much better than him.
I don't think yasuo's power is in his ability to just straight up duel you, thats more tiger udyr, and trundle kind of stuff. Yasuo has soooo much mobility built into a damage and assassin focused kit that he has relative ease selecting a fight. He does have a reasonably high skill cap, but hes overly compensated in his kit I feel. And i think buffing him is a bit of a mistake on riot's part. At least at the moment. I think he needs more time to grow with the players.

Hextech Lich

01-11-2014

Not a Yasuo specific questions but a question about Shiv. Any chance it could/would get the sunfire cape treatment meaning have its magic damage scale with lvl giving it a power curve rather than have it be as effective as it ever will be the earlier you get it?