Annie going bot = "OH GOD MAGES ARE LITERALLY REPLACING SUPPORTS"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rogue771

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Rengar, Lee, Pantheon, and even Yasuo work in a similar fashion to Annie, they just haven't broken out yet. I don't think there's anything special with her other than that she's the beginning of people accepting that the best form of support sometimes is to just kill the opposing laners.
These champions aren't moron proof though...

625 range.
Being able to hold a on-demand stun indefinitely with AoE capability and/or un-dodgable targeting.
An ult that even when it's down, is effective (so long as you micro tibbers a bit).
Free defensive stats that you can keep active nearly indefinitely.

Pretty hard to mess up.

Whoisgoku

01-11-2014

Quote:
Rengar, Lee, Pantheon, and even Yasuo work in a similar fashion to Annie, they just haven't broken out yet. I don't think there's anything special with her other than that she's the beginning of people accepting that the best form of support sometimes is to just kill the opposing laners.
Agreed except for Pantheon. He's runs out of mana way too fast the game will basically be a 4v5 if it goes late game as a Pantheon with few items is literally useless.

Dr Cat

01-11-2014

Anyone can support.

DeathByWaffle

01-11-2014

Quote:
Thing is about Rengar, Lee, Panth, and Yasuo, is that they need way more items to be useful in the mid-late game. Annie, on the other hand, is super cost efficient. Just flash+ult is all she needs

Hellioning

01-11-2014

Quote:
And I'd be fine with that, if you let the traditional support champs go places other then bot.

Also, 'killing the other people' is ALWAYS the best form of support. It just wasn't feasible in the 0 gold support meta to sustain that burst for very long, and even then Annie went bot.

Critkeeper

01-11-2014

Melee carry support + long range safe farmer = leona immune.

You initiate hard on my carry? MK.

I'm not going to stun you for 2 seconds or polymorph you into a cute little rodent like the other 'nice' supports.

I'm going to rip your mother****ing face off and eat it.

HuFOHr9aGj

01-11-2014

Xerath is great at bot lane, and his passive is actually very useful there.
godly armor and godly range.

DreamLeviathan

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsonkittens View Post
Morello said that if you're dealing damage, you're not a support, you're a mage.
As a role, yeah.

The problem is that "support" is used to refer to two different things which previously tended to always coincide. Actual support-based champions and the lane position. Communication seems to frequently be messy as a result

Vo0d0ochild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2014

Quote:
I LOVE going rengar support bot lane as a kill lane

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-11-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsonkittens View Post
Morello said that if you're dealing damage, you're not a support, you're a mage.
Probably true. Maybe support/ADC bot lane isn't the only viable strategy.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

If you have an adc in your game, you're pretty much going for late game damage. A perfectly viable strategy is a lane that has a lot of early damage and crushes adc/support lanes, like Leona/Jarvan or Xin Zhao/Lee Sin, and try to end the game before the adc becomes relevant. I think sometimes people follow the metagame without understanding the underlying advantages or disadvantages it gives you. For instance, I feel like a traditional adc/support might go down a few kills to Xin/Lee, and the team will be like "FF at 20." That's the best time to not surrender, and try to hold out till late game when Lee falls of and Tristana is king.