Upcoming Irelia Changes Request

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kdHuCoB8S3

01-11-2014

Irelia is a terribly designed champion. How do you want buffs when you have a passive like that?

SummonMyManboobs

01-11-2014

qq

Redeemed In Fire

01-11-2014

I think irelia deserves to have her identity preserved if that's possible. That said, I'm not exactly sure what her identity IS, other than "I have all the mechanics and i rightclick everything down with mass sustain".

Miku Hatsune

01-11-2014

irelia mains are delusional. irelia does not have a f*cking "identity". true damage and lifegain on every auto is not an identity. never being punished for getting forced under tower is not an identity. free tenacity and targetted gapcloser for faceroll dives is not an identity. spammable ult that is impossible to miss with is not an identity.

irelia's only "identity" is her T&A and the fact that she was at one point completely broken.

irelia got gutted because of her toxic, overloaded kit and the game is far better off because of it. they made her far stronger than any top laner has any right to be, they sold a bunch of skins, and then they nerfed the **** out of her. you irelia mains got exactly what you deserved.

R35URR3C710N

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
regardless of whether or not we make changes to a given champion, i don't think anyone is going to stop you from discussing those changes as long as you aren't breaking any rules and are relatively civil about it. just treat each other with respect and you'll be fine. :3

if what you're asking for is a discussion thread with a lot of involvement with the developer working on potential irelia changes, that's completely up to the developer that ends up working on her. in any case, i don't believe anyone is working on her at this time—i think she's a bit further down the line.
Woah, rickless, I havn't seen you in a bit. You been busy, or have i just not been paying attention?

Miss Younha

01-11-2014

are people actually complaining about irelia's "sustain" when mundo is there? when aatrox is there?

her q is buggy. it doesn't even reset correctly sometimes.
her w doesn't even scale and falls off late. all of you yapping about her so called "true damage" need to get your facts straight because who the hell is going to let you auto then to death late game?
her e has slow ass animation that going into bush in mid animation cancels it and you can even flash out of it.
her ult has such low base damage it makes lucian ult look strong.

oh you want to trade with the opposing champion? better use half of your mana pool while opponent is a resourceless champion like riven, shyvana, mundo, renekton, rengar.. oh wait, ALL OF TOP LANE CHAMPS! get outsustained, go oom and get driven out!

oh and where is mid-game, where irelia truly shines now? riot changed the gold income system so there is virtually no mid game. everyone even in silver elo hell gets full items by ~45 minutes.

irelia was originally designed as an assassin and because of her passive she lost the potential. sure, she might have been op at season 2 but buddy, this is season 4 now. no need to be held in the past and qq about it years later

please, admit that irelia is in a bad position at the moment

thumbnail9

01-11-2014

I feel like their going to nerf her true damage.

Ralik098

01-11-2014

In my opinion, her primary function in teamfights is to get at the enemy carries and kill them if possible, if not then you can always fall back and peel for your own carries. People debate over if Irelia is an assassin or bruiser a lot, but she isn't really either I think, she is more of a hybrid. The problem with playing her as an assassin is that Riot hasn't giving her strong scaling on her abilities. The problem with playing her as a bruiser is that she has no innate damage mitigation in her kit. Because of that she sort of sits in between the two classes. She needs either better scaling or innate damage mitigation to push her more into one role or the other in my opinion. This is something that should have been addressed a long time ago, her W base values should have been lowered and given AD scaling or something in return or she should have been given something like she had in testing where you gained more defensive stats for holding more blades on her ult. I would prefer to play her as more of an assassin if changes have to be made to push her towards on role or the other. I also want to see changes made that allow her to mid or jungle like many other champions can, for example Kha'zix can be played in many different roles. No matter what is done though I want to see her keep her place as a highly mobile anti-carry.

Quote:
regardless of whether or not we make changes to a given champion, i don't think anyone is going to stop you from discussing those changes as long as you aren't breaking any rules and are relatively civil about it. just treat each other with respect and you'll be fine. :3
Discussing it when Riot doesn't listen is kind of pointless. We just don't want another situation like what happened with Karma.

Quote:
if what you're asking for is a discussion thread with a lot of involvement with the developer working on potential irelia changes, that's completely up to the developer that ends up working on her. in any case, i don't believe anyone is working on her at this time—i think she's a bit further down the line.
I have to say that I'm really sad to hear this. I have quit playing LoL because of Riot's treatment of this champion and I will continue to stay far away until they do something about this champion. She has been trash tier for over a year now and Riot just continues to ignore the problem, this is unacceptable and completely unreasonable for Riot to treat any of the champions like this, yet it happens over and over. I do appreciate the response though, hearing something is better than nothing.

Gorsz

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
In my opinion, her primary function in teamfights is to get at the enemy carries and kill them if possible, if not then you can always fall back and peel for your own carries. People debate over if Irelia is an assassin or bruiser a lot, but she isn't really either I think, she is more of a hybrid. The problem with playing her as an assassin is that Riot hasn't giving her strong scaling on her abilities. The problem with playing her as a bruiser is that she has no innate damage mitigation in her kit. Because of that she sort of sits in between the two classes. She needs either better scaling or innate damage mitigation to push her more into one role or the other in my opinion. This is something that should have been addressed a long time ago, her W base values should have been lowered and given AD scaling or something in return or she should have been given something like she had in testing where you gained more defensive stats for holding more blades on her ult. I would prefer to play her as more of an assassin if changes have to be made to push her towards on role or the other. I also want to see changes made that allow her to mid or jungle like many other champions can, for example Kha'zix can be played in many different roles. No matter what is done though I want to see her keep her place as a highly mobile anti-carry.

I have to say that I'm really sad to hear this. I have quit playing LoL because of Riot's treatment of this champion and I will continue to stay far away until they do something about this champion. She has been trash tier for over a year now and you continue to ignore the problem, this is unacceptable and completely unreasonable for you to treat any of your champions like this, yet it happens over and over. I do appreciate the response though, hearing something is better than nothing.

lol you just want irelia as broken as she was in S1 so you can exploit her again

No respect for anyone playing this champion in season 1.. none at all. Might as well been playing release xin, irelia was REALLY broken.

Ralik098

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsz View Post
lol you just want irelia as broken as she was in S1 so you can exploit her again

No respect for anyone playing this champion in season 1.. none at all. Might as well been playing release xin, irelia was REALLY broken.
I typically don't respond to trolls... but all I'm going to say is that I just want to see her back in competitive play. Not all the time like she was early in S2, but just a reasonable amount. There are so many pro players like Wickd and Expession that have said she is their favorite champion, yet she never sees play anymore because of how weak she is. She needs help and Riot needs to do something about this. I also don't see how you have room to talk about broken champions given who your two most played champions are.

1234567 ... 10