Upcoming Irelia Changes Request

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irelia Carries U

01-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallows Evelynn View Post
if they didnt do it with eves, karmas, shyvs, olaf, etc rework why should irelia be a special snowflake?

its bad enough that xerath and yorick are among those snowflakes.
idk they let people comment on what makes olaf, olaf why shouldn't irelia get it?

Irelia Bot

01-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezz View Post
I think they should make her stun less conditional, for one. Reduced mana costs would be nice, but knowing riot, they have to take something away. But what?
Her passive? It has been rendered so much less reliable then it was in season 1 due to knockups and knock backs being the main forms of CC that seem to be added to the game which are still not effected by tenacity.

That would help if Riots intention is to make Irelia more of an assassin then a tanky fighter while retaining much of her current play style.

Irelia Carries U

01-10-2014

up

Irelia Bot

01-10-2014

On another note just making Irelia's passive effect knockups/knockbacks/suppression would also be another option in making her better able to deal with the current game.

That combined with some mana costs reductions would likely be all that she really needs beyond perhaps a minor damage buff even to her base damage. A .5 AD per level buff can actually go somewhere on a champ that builds triforce nearly every game.

Ralik098

01-10-2014

I'm fine with Riot making changes as long as she is allowed to be a strong competitve pick again and they at least act like they value community input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallows Evelynn View Post
if they didnt do it with eves, karmas, shyvs, olaf, etc rework why should irelia be a special snowflake?

its bad enough that xerath and yorick are among those snowflakes.
You would think they would learn from past mistakes like Karma and Trundle, I guess they didn't though.

Irelia Carries U

01-10-2014

up

Toka Jei

01-11-2014

Irelia Carries U thank you for being a persistent advocate for Irelia. For a while I strongly felt that Riot gave up on Irelia and I still feel that the community (especially the newer scrubs) give 0 ****s about her because she's never one of the 20 FoTMs or she's more difficult to play than Jax.
I honestly may shed a tear or two if the Irelia rework doesn't play like our current Will of the Blades. Like I don't even know why you have to remind Riot that they need our input for her but I know you have to. We play her waaay more than they do and she can be a pretty complex champ. It's a no brainer our input is valid. Arguably moreso than the other reworks.
If they were to change anything here are a few basics:

1. Lower the CD on her Q by even a couple seconds. A lot of her burst comes from her Q (doing on hit dmg from trinity force, bork, and W) and using it in teamfights is crucial. This CD reduction buff is even more important now with the SV cooldown nerf. Reducing the CD by 1 second on her W will also help a ton.

2. Reduce the cast time on her E. It's so dumb how you have a stun that is impossible to stop a Voli flip while everyone else's stun can.

3. Buff her W sustain! Not because it's weak but since those nerfs you have released sustain machines like aatrox and renekton. Olaf even can out sustain her with his passive + W active and he counters the hell outta her without his sustain.

4. Buff her base damage by even a fraction OR increase the duration of her W. Without her W active she can be pretty useless in the dmg department and trading with an opponent who even has the slightest bonus armor seems like a frustrating waste of time.

5. Nerf her base health per level by a bit. I do admit she is very naturally tanky so with these changes she could easily become a permanban if not managed correctly so I think a reduction in her tankiness could even this out.

Reasons like these are why she is so underplayed because in higher elo they are paramount.

Ralik098

01-11-2014

up

Gorsz

01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domin8trax View Post
Her passive? It has been rendered so much less reliable then it was in season 1 due to knockups and knock backs being the main forms of CC that seem to be added to the game which are still not effected by tenacity.

That would help if Riots intention is to make Irelia more of an assassin then a tanky fighter while retaining much of her current play style.

What?

Lets not forget that irelias passive is the #1 reason she has to be kept weak... dont try to downplay that broken ****.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-11-2014
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelia Carries U View Post
Once again I am happy they did/are taking a look at her its just that it doesnt feel right if we arent allowed any say on it.
regardless of whether or not we make changes to a given champion, i don't think anyone is going to stop you from discussing those changes as long as you aren't breaking any rules and are relatively civil about it. just treat each other with respect and you'll be fine. :3

if what you're asking for is a discussion thread with a lot of involvement with the developer working on potential irelia changes, that's completely up to the developer that ends up working on her. in any case, i don't believe anyone is working on her at this time—i think she's a bit further down the line.

123456 ... 10