Riot Contests: Cheat 2 win

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 Shacos on LSD View Post
oh and what if the dude that entered the contest was the dude that made it........ HMMMMM
Well if this contest was like any of the other contests, you can't use something you made prior to the contest anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusMentula View Post
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone get mad about, grats I guess.
To get mad about cheaters who win stuff? I'm not saying this is top of the list problems, but it's something that's pretty ****ty.

MagnusMentula

01-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermster View Post
That's not e point, the pint is he did not make it, which is unfair to other entries. Even if the artist was fine with him doing is. It's not right for me to hire a professional to make some amazing art piece and than submit it for a prize when others put here own personal work into there entries.
So basically you're butt hurt that you didn't win and want to find excuses to **** on other people's parades? Better change history so that Edison was actually a moron who's only successful inventions were straight up stolen from Tesla then. Your entire nation's culture revolves around winning, no matter how scummy and undeserved the win was. Hell your whole crappy country only exists by default. Britain was busy fighting(and beating) the two biggest world powers of the time, they didn't have time to deal with some uppity colonists so they gave you juice boxes and sent you on your way.

You made your beds Yanks, now lie in them.

Eskimoƒo

01-08-2014

BLU Medic

01-08-2014

It's not butthurt, it's justice.

Plus, most of the people in this thread probably didn't enter, so they'd have no reason to be butthurt in the first place. Cheating isn't a nice thing to do.

nermster

01-08-2014

Quote:
So basically you're butt hurt that you didn't win and want to find excuses to **** on other people's parades? Better change history so that Edison was actually a moron who's only successful inventions were straight up stolen from Tesla then. Your entire nation's culture revolves around winning, no matter how scummy and undeserved the win was. Hell your whole crappy country only exists by default. Britain was busy fighting(and beating) the two biggest world powers of the time, they didn't have time to deal with some uppity colonists so they gave you juice boxes and sent you on your way.

I never even entered. lol
I'm just defending others who did. I believe he won is contest unjustly.

nermster

01-08-2014

Bump for justice

Lyriana

01-08-2014

Quote:

Okay, a few things.

1) The contest stated that you had to make the thing yourself. This person apparently had it made for them.
2) The contest stated that you had to make it after the contest was announced. This person apparently had it made 4+ months ago, long before the contest was announced.
3) The contest rules specifically state that doing either of the above things are considered "cheating".
4) Note this Q/A bit:
Q: "Why can't I submit a contest entry that I made before the contest was announced?
A: This would be unfair to the other participants in the contest! If you spend three whole months making an amazing song, it's likely going to sound very different than the summoners who only had two weeks to work on theirs. We want to make sure that all participants are judged fairly and are on even ground.
5) Note this bit, as well. 6. General Entry Rules: Use of the Internet provides an opportunity for manipulation, alteration, cheating, hacking, or other fraudulent activities connected to the Contest. ENTRANTS CANNOT CHEAT OR USE ANY FRAUDULENT OR ILLEGAL METHOD OF ANY KIND TO GAIN AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE IN THE CONTEST. ...

Combine all the above, and what do you end up with? Someone who cheated. It's not a matter of being "butthurt" (a phrase that really needs to freaking die, it's so effing childish) it's a matter of wanting to see someone who cheated and gained monetary rewards held to the same rules as everyone else.

If you enter a contest where you're asked to "paint a picture of your favorite champion" and you enter a professional picture that you hired someone a year before to make for you? Yeah, that's not "your" work, is it? Nor should you be rewarded for it.

Rads

01-08-2014

Wow such bs riot

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

01-08-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The team running the contest has been notified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer napkins View Post
I'm sure plenty of people have read the thread already, but I feel like this issue needed more direct attention.

The honorable mentions are noted as getting a 20,000 RP prize.

commissioned rengar mask, noted as being "for a client".
something look familiar?

This guy bought his mask over 3 months ago and conveniently entered it in the contest.
There is NO way this should be allowed.
Riot should withdraw the prize from this contestant and he should be disqualified.

Making a mask for your own cosplay is ONE thing [even though I feel that all masks should be made for the sake of the contest, this is unprovable]
but having one commissioned for your cosplay costume and then just tossing a picture of it up for some easy RP?
That's not fair to the people who spent hours on their masks.

12fingerJIM

01-08-2014

swag