Hey, how's it going tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slimm Shaney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2014

Can we have a rioter name to blame for soraka and irelia nerfs? :P

Shoxor

01-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
So that's not a bad idea, but since it doesn't change what you want to do on zed (if you can auto attack them you want to auto-attack them - period) it wouldn't be a huge value add.

By contrast, its nearly impossible to tell who's isolated in a team fight without the purple indicator - instead, I actually think we should add the purple text bubble from his mech skin onto his base skin. That would help make it easier to lane against him.

How close to 1000 are you now?
Yey you replied!

Yea, I agree with you on the fact that Kha'zix's need for the indicator outweighs Zed's by far and that its central to how you play him. But I disagree on it not being a huge value add.

When I play Zed I usually keep timing off the 10 sec in my head whenever my lane opponent is below 50% HP. I usually go in for a full harass complete with an auto or two once every 10 sec (I really do...and its been really effective). I've managed to catch my opponents off guard by the sudden burst when I go in for the kill and this passive I found, is really, really valuable when I want a kill before I get my ultimate (or they do).

I know that there aren't a lot of people who do this on Zed and while it may seem...insignificant, I think there could be some potential there. Simply put, if there's anyone else that plays Zed and times it out like I do, it'd make our lives easier...so yea, that's why i suggested this one.

And as for how close...I still got a good 100+ to go. I'm just waiting on when I get my next losing streak on ranked which will make me default back to a week of playing normals I WILL GET TO IT SOON.

SMNC Junkie

01-07-2014

-"I actually think we should add the purple text bubble from his mech skin onto his base skin. That would help make it easier to lane against him."

YES! YES PLEASE YES!
I'm not sure if anyone else has this, but I have a friend who won't buy the kha skin, cuz it gives his opponent a better chance at counter play.
Please do it! Please my man, Don't just be messin with me here with me.

NasusIsMyLover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-07-2014

Quote:
I'm not sure... it does seem to be getting out of hand. The whole Sad Ambulance and CJ Wilkins McGee Colonel Q threads aren't helping to make this forum any safer for people to talk about what they enjoy.
Then why not have the RIOTers show up on THEIR forums and actually DO something instead of clinging to Reddit while their own website is left to rot?

Forums bans need to be handed out more quickly, the FEK needs to be an official thing, and most of all there needs to be a REPORT button under every single post.

RIOT needs to make ITS OWN WEBSITE more enjoyable, more user friendly, and under better control instead of worrying about the LoL sub-reddit - a third party-side with no relation to League at all.

Heek

01-07-2014

Any news (other than soon™) on a Sion rework?

Xelnath

Systems Designer

01-07-2014
16 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangelfighter View Post
Er, it's been known for a while that Morello doesn't sink his hand into every nerf that comes out. People just want a scapegoat when they get upset. :/
Also, Xelnath, you're my favorite Rioter. Will you be my friend? <3
okay! *carebear friendship stare*

SkinnerBlade

01-07-2014

Quote:
Well, he's a mana using character, so it seems normal to have a mana costs but melee spells generally cost less than long-ranged harassment spells.
Sorry, I should have explained that better. Why does Rampage, a spell he spams every 2 seconds cost so much mana? It is really crappy to play him and run out of mana after the change you guys had made.

Edit: Sorry about the typos. I'm on my phone atm.

Nuparu

01-07-2014

Xelnath, another question.

Why did you guys give Fizz his untargetable troll pole on such a low cooldown?
(And why does it stop Vi's ult -.-, at least give her ult a small refresh time if he does that?)

EDIT: And read this.

One of the best lol stories ever, by a forumer. :P

Xelnath

Systems Designer

01-07-2014
17 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazral View Post
I'm planning on applying to Riot for an internship / job, and I have to say the details page is quite intimidating (Previous interns have written novels, led esports teams to victory in major tournaments, started software companies, etc). Is this really the standard for a Riot intern, or is this perhaps one way of discouraging weaker applicants from applying to manage the number of applications you guys have to go through?

Also, do you have any general tips for being marketable to gaming company employers as a computer science major? This feels like an overwhelming undertaking at times.
Out of curiosity - do you feel like the gaming industry is where you'll make your biggest impact upon the world?

archangelfighter

01-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry me Syndra View Post
Shots fired.

But I think you are missing a few...
I think that was more a sweeping generalization of summoners that have been noticed for causing discord. I bring up GD and half of the topics are blacklisted users.