I don't think riot knows what a healer is.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OpenFaceSurgery

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toros View Post
Except this is bull****, because things like janna's shield are as good or better than a heal in most combat situations, and haven't been destroyed in the same way.

Soraka was dead the moment they made ignite both uncleansable and cut healing in half.

QSS is such a massive piece of **** it's barely worth mentioning. 700 gold for a bad old cleanse on a 105 second cooldown? Forget it.
Shields are better in most situations yes, Soraka has issues which need to be addressed but we can't go "Soraka is weak thus we need to buff support".

Morello

Lead Designer

11-30-2010
1 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanzu View Post
A healer is someone who keeps the team alive, while possibly buffing teammates, not really focusing on damaging enemies.

The only one of these in LoL is Soraka.

Now, I understand that her heals origionally where too much, but they pushed it too far. I personally don't believe she needs a remake.....

I'm not saying she's Underpowered Per-se, but she's definitely underwhelming.

I've said this before.

Tarics heals got nerfed, He still has a stun and a damage buff

Janna's ult heal is now being nerfed, She still has a pushback, a slowdown, and a shield

Nidalee's heal got nerfed, She still has fairly high healing(that can actually get way higher than soraka's, excluding soraka's ult) and the utility of an attack speed buff, while still contributing large amounts of damage to the team.

Soraka's heals got nerfed....She still has a high cooldown silence....but thats not really enough now is it?

Riots excuse for this is that healers aren't "fun" because no one likes "Losing kills" Tough Riot, you put a healer in the game. Do you know what the job of the healer is? Do you Really know what it is?

There's a lot of things that aren't fun, personally, this is one of the least limiting fun factors in my mind.

TL;DR : Soraka is still viable in some scenarios, but lack luster, A healer is meant to heal. Soraka needs some love.
heal-ER (n): A common archetype originally introduced in classic fantasy that are bad for team games. They are notorious for their ability to remove attrition, cause damage creep, and bring action to a halt for people who aren't the healer. Flagrant abuser of game health.

anonymia

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
heal-ER (n): A common archetype originally introduced in classic fantasy that are bad for team games. They are notorious for their ability to remove attrition, cause damage creep, and bring action to a halt for people who aren't the healer. Flagrant abuser of game health.
so lets just keep soraka nerfed to the ground to sustain our gaming health

puddipuddipuddipuddipuddipuddipuddipuddipuddipuddi puddi

TheRealCheesy

11-30-2010

Healers aren't balanced because if one team has on and the other doesn't, the one with the healer wins.

Riot doesn't want to force someone to play a role they don't want to just so their team has a chance of winning.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-30-2010
2 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaPipe View Post
so lets just keep soraka nerfed to the ground to sustain our gaming health
k

Voidgolem

11-30-2010

TL; DR healing is anti-fun.

It's why the most enjoyable way to play Soraka is tank.

Profeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-30-2010

So, what are you saying Morello? You and Riot are not ''fond'' of healers?

Why even add them to the game mechanics then, if your personal opinion of them is going to send them towards the nerfageddon?

Layotees

11-30-2010

Quote:
k
Someone isn't pulling their punches tonight.

Kojiro Sasaki

11-30-2010

Quote:

2 things, 1 Source please, 2 how are they bad for team games? I'm sure you plan on discussing this in the future, but I've seen plenty of team games succeed with a healer unit.

I guess the real issue is the way healing is in this game, and how it reacts.

In a lot of FPS type games with healers, (excluding TF2, where the healer is a sustained healer)

The healer takes a second to heal you, so you have to get behind cover. Looking at the way things are going, this is actually what you've been attempting, making healers still viable while laning.

The core problem with this is simple. In a shooter, if you're pinned down, you can't hide behind your tower and teleport out, so medics are absolutely vital. In league, after someone almost dies, even if they have a healer with them, most of the time they'll just go back to base.

I wear Prada

11-30-2010

what a red got downvoted.. lol'd

no offence, just say