And another patch goes by with no magma chamber/stats/replays/obersvers etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghettobarney

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
I do indeed still exist 0_o but those following my twitter know I'm in Shanghai at the moment while I respond to this thread.

It has been a while since we did a big update about the features we have in development, so I'll work with the guys when I'm back next week to put something together.

There is a cool feature we're working with a major magazine to give more details about, so while I'm sure it gets old to hear "soon", we are actively working on the biggest update ever to LOL - so some pretty awesome stuff will be coming up soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
We have twice as many people working on League of Legends than when we shipped the game - so there are major things that are happening behind the scenes that will blow everyone's minds.

We wish everything was faster, but we are also upping the quality bar across the board, so I think you guys will agree it will be worth the wait.

This thread is now about progress updates for league of legends. I am still however waiting for Tryndamere's reply "next week"

Also I lose faith in Riot when they troll us with threads like this one. (Anyone who says this was anything but a bait and switch is merely attempting to insult my intelligence)

Let's take a look at all the amazing features that have been added.

- More skins
- More champions
- Season 1 with:
- Ranked matches, ladder system. (Which removed normal stats)
- New UI for PVP.net (looks different, performs the same)
- Various improvements on PVP.net stor
- Improved server stability (granted, this is one of the few promises they actually kept, largely because you can't have an online game if your servers don't work)
- Improved in-game store
- Various bug fixes.
- Co-op VS AI.
- Mastery pages
- New patcher
- Forums search
- The Tribunal
- Competitive scene

Now let's look at all the announced features we're still waiting on, along with updates that have been released about them. Keep in mind that many of these were announced back in 2009.

- Masteries rework
- Magma Chamber
- Advanced settings for practice matches
- New game modes ("Soon" - Zileas)
- Replays
- Observer mode
- Achievements
- Normal game stats
- Summoner Spell Promote rework
- Summoner Spell Flash rework (Honestly, probably not neccessary after the last nerf, but still haven't heard anything on it) (Holding off on this design-side - Morello Edit)
- Evelynn *stealth* rework (Xyphoreus is working on it)
- PTR ()
- PROMISED 450 and 1350 IP price point champions

- Community page on website (removed and replaced with, GO FIGURE, a link to the merchandise store, shows what they think of the community alright...)

New Patcher is now live.

Co-op is now live.

2250 upvotes, nice!

iconfus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2010

Too busy paying for xmas giftsss

Takalah

11-30-2010

maybe he meant epic as in balance restructuring not epic as in magma chamber

Ghettobarney

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takalah View Post
maybe he meant epic as in balance restructuring not epic as in magma chamber
Well that's not very epic...

Morello

Lead Designer

11-30-2010
1 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettobarney View Post
Guinsoo said this patch would be epic but all it is, is AOE champions nerfs. The balance changes do look good, granted but seriously, where's the Magma Chamber that was supposedly going to be out by October? Where's the replays? Where's observer mode? Where's the stats for normal games which were promised at the launch of season one? Where are the Twisted fate red card bugs fixes? Being unable to use Red cards and on Tfate because makes his PAC into wait 3 seconds for Gold card always.

Where's the achievements? Why even have that bar there if you're just gonna not do anything with it and just end up removing it in a few patches anyways? Why, oh why after nearly 5 straight months does the forums search still not work? Why is the new champ still 975 RP when you promised champions would be released at ALL price points, but never did release any below 975 RP since you've said that?

And once again the one cool skin costs nearly 20 dollars which is supposedly going to all these promised features that after a year of playing I'm still not seeing.
Guinsoo stated the patch would be epic, the balance changes are good, and lo and behold, he works on the live game team. "Epic" doesn't mean "Guinsoo became a game engineer, warped time and space, and made new features." :P

Shaella

11-30-2010

He didn't say it'd be epic
he claimed brosome
Brolaf is in the patch
BROSOMENESS CONFIRMED

Voidgolem

11-30-2010

I'd totally go on the live team if it gave the me power to warp time and space.

Onlyashadow

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Guinsoo stated the patch would be epic, the balance changes are good, and lo and behold, he works on the live game team. "Epic" doesn't mean "Guinsoo became a game engineer, warped time and space, and made new features." :P
It doesn't take a time/space warp to get features that should've been released with season 1 out several months after.

Edit: Look mom! I got upvotes!

Edit2: Looks like a rioteer edited my post to remove the above edit. Sneakypants rioteers, edit restored.

Edit3: 200+! Attachment 97499

Edit4: 300+ Attachment 108310

Edit5: 400+!!Attachment 115439

Edit6: 500+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtntTvuv8Aw (use Haxalot's name where applicable)

Edit7: 600+ I have the picture I want to attach, but I don't want to put it out until it covers every meaningless contingency. Don't worry I'm working on it and it will be here soon.

Edit8: 700+ [This edit removed by Pendragon's censorship-squad]

Edit9: 800+ Attachment 161368

Edit10: 900+ Attachment 171904

Edit11: 1000+ WTF Attachment 184395

South

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2010

Quote:
But...but...I sacrificed a goat to Jesse Perrings to beg for his assistance to Guinsoo. Does that mean Baaahb died for nothing???

Azamhir

11-30-2010

Quote:
But it's also not stating that he couldn't. I for one think that the chance of Guinsoo having the ability to warp time and space makes him too much of a threat to the balance of this world. You have opened my eyes Morella. He will be stopped before a heinous event such as this ever occurs. The balance must be upheld.