Skill order on Morgana

First Riot Post
12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azbroolah

Senior Member

01-05-2014

I know it's standard to go Q W E W W R into maxing R>W>Q>E, but wouldn't it theoretically be better to go for Q W E W W R into maxing R>Q>W>E, since rank 3 W should be killing ranged minions anyways and landing Q would make your lower-levelled Ws more impactful because the snare is longer?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azbroolah

Senior Member

01-05-2014

Bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XDeathyxXxDeathX

Senior Member

01-05-2014

u need to max ur Q first

sigh


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Morgageddon

Player Support Tech Specialist

01-05-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Morgageddon pops in.



1st rank depends on what your jungle can use/if you have to play offensive or defensive for an invade... However, I usually go Q first. But from a lot of games with her, I level up as so for mid:

Q/W/E/W/W/R/Q/W/Q/Q/R/Q/E/W/E/R/E/E

Depending on the lane, you may want to max W ASAP, or leave it at 3 even (depends on AP and who you're up again). I leave W at level 4 usually, to max out the root duration for mid level team fights (Where Morgana's strength peaks in minutes 15-30). After 30 minutes, unless you have extreme values of AP, or can guarantee Q R ignite W Q an ADC to remove them from the game, you have to choose when to ult and how best/when is best to shield your ADC. The reason for that is Morgana is a quintessential mid game carry: after 30 minutes you cannot be the primary source of damage for your team and you have to understand and play to the strengths your ult, Q and E provide as a team benefit over a single target nuke.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OsirisLoL

Senior Member

01-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Morgageddon View Post
Morgageddon pops in.



1st rank depends on what your jungle can use/if you have to play offensive or defensive for an invade... However, I usually go Q first. But from a lot of games with her, I level up as so for mid:

Q/W/E/W/W/R/Q/W/Q/Q/R/Q/E/W/E/R/E/E

Depending on the lane, you may want to max W ASAP, or leave it at 3 even (depends on AP and who you're up again). I leave W at level 4 usually, to max out the root duration for mid level team fights (Where Morgana's strength peaks in minutes 15-30). After 30 minutes, unless you have extreme values of AP, or can guarantee Q R ignite W Q an ADC to remove them from the game, you have to choose when to ult and how best/when is best to shield your ADC. The reason for that is Morgana is a quintessential mid game carry: after 30 minutes you cannot be the primary source of damage for your team and you have to understand and play to the strengths your ult, Q and E provide as a team benefit over a single target nuke.
Do you search Morgana threads or something?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frayace

Senior Member

01-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Morgageddon View Post
Morgageddon pops in.



1st rank depends on what your jungle can use/if you have to play offensive or defensive for an invade... However, I usually go Q first. But from a lot of games with her, I level up as so for mid:

Q/W/E/W/W/R/Q/W/Q/Q/R/Q/E/W/E/R/E/E

Depending on the lane, you may want to max W ASAP, or leave it at 3 even (depends on AP and who you're up again). I leave W at level 4 usually, to max out the root duration for mid level team fights (Where Morgana's strength peaks in minutes 15-30). After 30 minutes, unless you have extreme values of AP, or can guarantee Q R ignite W Q an ADC to remove them from the game, you have to choose when to ult and how best/when is best to shield your ADC. The reason for that is Morgana is a quintessential mid game carry: after 30 minutes you cannot be the primary source of damage for your team and you have to understand and play to the strengths your ult, Q and E provide as a team benefit over a single target nuke.
ty for the advice morg. BTW, I see you play Malzahar alot as well (I peaked in when you were streaming one time), what is your skill order for him?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necromancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ösïrïs View Post
Do you search Morgana threads or something?
Easiest way to get a redpost at this time, just make a Morganna thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OsirisLoL

Senior Member

01-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
Easiest way to get a redpost at this time, just make a Morganna thread.
on it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Morgageddon

Player Support Tech Specialist

01-05-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Morgageddon pops back in.

ty for the advice morg. BTW, I see you play Malzahar alot as well (I peaked in when you were streaming one time), what is your skill order for him?

As Malz, I start off with Q (Get a voidling for jungle fight/defense) and then E, W and then I proceed to max out E followed by Q and W. EQ combos allow for voidlings, learn to poke with them and you have a lot of extra damage, and if the enemy team is extremely stacking HP or MR, your W and R, if Liandry/Rylai'd up, do stupid amounts of damage. I used Malz back at the start of S3 when Singed's were running everywhere and WR would remove most of their HP come mid/late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SNSD Tiffanyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Morgageddon View Post
Morgageddon pops back in.

ty for the advice morg. BTW, I see you play Malzahar alot as well (I peaked in when you were streaming one time), what is your skill order for him?

As Malz, I start off with Q (Get a voidling for jungle fight/defense) and then E, W and then I proceed to max out E followed by Q and W. EQ combos allow for voidlings, learn to poke with them and you have a lot of extra damage, and if the enemy team is extremely stacking HP or MR, your W and R, if Liandry/Rylai'd up, do stupid amounts of damage. I used Malz back at the start of S3 when Singed's were running everywhere and WR would remove most of their HP come mid/late game.
why dont u get W at level 5? instead of 3? you're not likely to have anyone stay in your pool for longer than 1 second and pushing wise it's better mana wise to use E to push over W until you have a decent amount of mana.


12