NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Annie Nukes You

12-29-2013

Bump, we finally get riot posts yay.

Dimif

12-29-2013

lets get some servers up asap

RunfromChron

12-29-2013

u losers arent getting your own server hahahahahhahahahahahahah

vennomite

12-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunfromChron View Post
u losers arent getting your own server hahahahahhahahahahahahah
And you're on the west coast and only gold..... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

=)

Neo Cyrus

12-29-2013

100-160 ping ain't right Rito.

MobiIe Ward

12-29-2013

Can't wait. Maybe I'll start caring about this game again.

Thug

12-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Foro View Post
It appears my post has made a few waves around Reddit etc and has raised quite a bit of speculation. To summarise:

- ~100ms to the NA servers from the East Coast is something we can improve.

- Latency buffs are coming. We're working closely with the major Internet Service Providers (not just in NA, but in all regions) to have you connecting to LoL as optimally as possible. Time moves slow in Internet land as there's a lot of moving parts involved, but the aforementioned works are already underway.

- Further improvements are being discussed, including the possibility of distributing game servers in other locations than the West Coast. < This scenario would be a huge shakeup - and though we love challenges, we want to make sure that we pick the best solution that is going to improve everyone's experience overall, and get it right the first time.

Hope this clarifies things!

Foro out.
Putting servers in locations other than the west coast shouldn't be that hard, you had servers only in LA for like two years, and you were able to put servers in Portland, OR with 0 problems. I am sure you can put servers in on the east coast just as easy, I think the hardest thing would be creating a system to select server based on lowest average ping.

Void2258

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2013

Whatever you are doing is making it worse. I was getting 90-100 ping consistently until earlier this week. Now I am getting 150-200+ massively fluctuating.

Chris Green

12-29-2013

what kind of challenge is it to start up a new server? Tired of riot making simple tasks more difficult for seemingly no reason. Just admit you're understaffed already, its obvious.

Legendary Silver

12-29-2013

Whoever made the point about EUW, EUNE, Russia, Turkey and LAN, LAS... the many Chinese servers is completely right. We're much larger geographically than everyone listed except Russia. And Russia's population is distributed near Europe in particular. Nobody is living in the north/eastern region and wanting to play league of legends.

In other words - in terms of our distribution and size, North America is the largest and yet one server on one corner of the continent? Really?

I understand they set up in California as a company, they wanted the servers near by but come on. They've expanded Turkey/Russia in recent years - we're the size of EU in population, we're bigger geographically and we have 1 server to their 2.

I mean it's the equivalent of EU only being EUW and the servers being situated on the southern tip of Italy.