NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Foro

Network Engineer

12-28-2013
3 of 5 Riot Posts

It appears my post has made a few waves around Reddit etc and has raised quite a bit of speculation. To summarise:

- ~100ms to the NA servers from the East Coast is something we can improve.

- Latency buffs are coming. We're working closely with the major Internet Service Providers (not just in NA, but in all regions) to have you connecting to LoL as optimally as possible. Time moves slow in Internet land as there's a lot of moving parts involved, but the aforementioned works are already underway.

- Further improvements are being discussed, including the possibility of distributing game servers in other locations than the West Coast. < This scenario would be a huge shakeup - and though we love challenges, we want to make sure that we pick the best solution that is going to improve everyone's experience overall, and get it right the first time.

Hope this clarifies things!

Foro out.

Wise Lunchbox

12-28-2013

It's always been frustrating that I play on 98 ping and am laning top vs a guy with 20 ping. That little bit of difference can go a long way believe it or not. When I was visiting a friends out in California and playing there was a whole new world! Skill shots were easier to land, that's for sure.

DeafCatMoan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2013

Yikes, this sounds difficult!
Wouldn't want your job Foro! :P

Dimif

12-28-2013

I avoid playing all skillshot based champions since im on the east coast, even tho some of em are so fun to play.

othic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-28-2013

I remember in beta having 19-25 ping. Miss those days.

waleedarshad

12-28-2013

thank u , u have been very nice but i am hoping u can answer directly regarding new servers in asia like that in middle east region
hope i dont ask too much

FatedTitan

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Foro View Post
It appears my post has made a few waves around Reddit etc and has raised quite a bit of speculation. To summarise:

- ~100ms to the NA servers from the East Coast is something we can improve.

- Latency buffs are coming. We're working closely with the major Internet Service Providers (not just in NA, but in all regions) to have you connecting to LoL as optimally as possible. Time moves slow in Internet land as there's a lot of moving parts involved, but the aforementioned works are already underway.

- Further improvements are being discussed, including the possibility of distributing game servers in other locations than the West Coast. < This scenario would be a huge shakeup - and though we love challenges, we want to make sure that we pick the best solution that is going to improve everyone's experience overall, and get it right the first time.

Hope this clarifies things!

Foro out.

Some in Atlanta would help East Coast players a lot. It's bad when it's closer for me to play on the Latin American servers.

bradles

12-28-2013

tired of having these east coasts noobs on my team that can't hit or dodge skillshots for ****

Llywelyn

12-28-2013

Thanks for the compassion bradles

Carinae

12-28-2013

Sounds promising, Foro. I would LOVE to not deal with 100+ ping anymore. I'm even okay with a more consistent 70-80 but exceeding 110-120 gets a bit much.