NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vennomite

12-27-2013

6 months for a red response. so at this rate we should have some euw style servers in about a year. =D

Xilevox

12-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
It seems we've managed a breakthrough! Riot decided to recognize that North America has an east coast. I'm skeptical of them wanting to fix the problem without making a new server. I don't see the big deal, anyway. Nobody is being forced to relocate servers. Nobody is stopping anybody from coordinating with their friends to all play on the same server.

As it is, North America's pro scene is entirely on the west coast. The east coast is expected to be simply spectators of this eSport, never to actually participate unless they relocate west.

I hope that Riot resolves this problem soon. It is simply frustrating for so many ambitious east coast players to be under a latency ceiling.

Edit: A little anecdote: When they still showed ping for other players in the loading screen, I was virtually the only one with 100 ping in Diamond I. Everybody else had 40 or less ping. The correlation of latency and rank cannot be understated.
If they made a poll, I am sure 90%+ of east coast players would vote to have their own servers even if it meant a split. The only people who don't want a split are west coasters.

Hostile

12-27-2013

O.o Sent a ticket into riot last night asking them to have someone address this..now a member comes..gotta love riot support

Lee Miller

12-27-2013

Please do this riot
This would make all the Canadian players so happy

Neo Cyrus

12-27-2013

It's hard to believe there isn't an east server. Hell, Diablo 2 had an east coast server. That was when? 13 years ago?

Dimif

12-27-2013

Broodwar had east/west servers in 1998

15 years ago

Leucoxene

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
As it is, North America's pro scene is entirely on the west coast. The east coast is expected to be simply spectators of this eSport, never to actually participate unless they relocate west.
Uhh, wouldn't an Eastern server make this worse?

No one good is going to play on the opposite server in matchmaking, so East will have a completely different diamond 1 + challenger set of players that will be weaker and probably ignored because all the pros and challengers are playing on the west. They'll have to make their own teams and I don't think Riot is going to make an eastern conference for the LCS. It'll completely gut any chance eastern players have of making LCS for the foreseeable future, you'll have to fly out west just to practice with LCS teams because of the inconsistent ping.

Dimif

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leucoxene View Post

No one good is going to play on the opposite server in matchmaking, so East will have a completely different diamond 1 + challenger set of players that will be weaker and probably ignored because all the pros and challengers are playing on the west. They'll have to make their own teams and I don't think Riot is going to make an eastern conference for the LCS. It'll completely gut any chance eastern players have of making LCS for the foreseeable future, you'll have to fly out west just to practice with LCS teams because of the inconsistent ping.
HAHAHA. EVERY east coaster that trys the 20-30 ping will never want to play on west servers with 100+ ping ever again. PERIOD.

OGDrolaf

12-28-2013

why not make a NA east and west that would be a fun rivalry

Beastmodeterror

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leucoxene View Post

nope east coast would prob have stronger players since theyve been held back all this time with high ping

An east and west conference in the lcs would be pretty sick in reality