NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

One Week Ago

12-27-2013

Support, once again.

Pakx

12-27-2013

I play a little on the LAN servers and it's not that bad, except for the damn language barrier. I get 40 - 50 ping while on their servers and they're on the south tip of florida. Oh, well. I guess I'll just stick to my 90 - 120 ping for another 3 or 4 years before they get around to fixing it.

Leonard

12-27-2013

It seems we've managed a breakthrough! Riot decided to recognize that North America has an east coast. I'm skeptical of them wanting to fix the problem without making a new server. I don't see the big deal, anyway. Nobody is being forced to relocate servers. Nobody is stopping anybody from coordinating with their friends to all play on the same server.

As it is, North America's pro scene is entirely on the west coast. The east coast is expected to be simply spectators of this eSport, never to actually participate unless they relocate west.

I hope that Riot resolves this problem soon. It is simply frustrating for so many ambitious east coast players to be under a latency ceiling.

Edit: A little anecdote: When they still showed ping for other players in the loading screen, I was virtually the only one with 100 ping in Diamond I. Everybody else had 40 or less ping. The correlation of latency and rank cannot be understated.

ZPawZ

12-27-2013

bump

Okohana

12-27-2013

Riot if you ever make an east coast server I hope you come to Michigan to do it. I would be more than happy to work for you!

Channy NBD

12-27-2013

I can't wait until they come up with a solution. Being in the higher end of Diamond ,reaction and timing is extremely important and playing with 110 Ping against other players with (normally) lower ping is frustrating as I can't complete certain actions as fast as others. P.S. I live in Florida. Please Riot, thank you!

Mirage Night

12-27-2013

Bump

Gorsz

12-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilevox View Post
How would "making the matchmaking more intelligent" have anything to do with east coast ping/latency?

Good question

The whole point is the east coast of the country wants a more fair/competitive ping.

Pros/west coast get 20-30 ping...

iainB85

12-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channy NBD View Post
I can't wait until they come up with a solution. Being in the higher end of Diamond ,reaction and timing is extremely important and playing with 110 Ping against other players with (normally) lower ping is frustrating as I can't complete certain actions as fast as others. P.S. I live in Florida. Please Riot, thank you!
Haven't gotten that high yet but I hate that Sivir is so good right now, but her E is like one of the most ping dependent skills in the game. There's just simply no denying that blocking abilities with her E is SO much easier with a sub 50 ping that west coasters get always.

Jarvan Krislov

12-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Foro View Post
Hey guys.I promise we're constantly working in ALL of our regions on making it the best experience for everybody.

tl;dr - Stick tight Summoners! Working on it
I'm sure this would lift the spirits of the EUW playerbase! Is there any way I can do volunteer work for Riot?