NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xilevox

12-27-2013

How would "making the matchmaking more intelligent" have anything to do with east coast ping/latency?

Schrii

12-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot foro View Post
hey guys.

This is something definitely on our radar, and has been a talking point in our various teams at riot for quite some time now.

We're currently working on ways to make matchmaking more intelligent so this can be possible. The last thing we want to do is make na east and west servers and change things up, so there's a lot of design decisions to take into account.

In the meantime, we're working at optimising the connectivity from the east coast to our servers on the west. This stuff does take time - but i promise we're constantly working in all of our regions on making it the best experience for everybody.

Tl;dr - stick tight summoners! Working on it
praise the Lo-... Sun!

WhoIsThatPokèmon

12-27-2013

Meaning, there will be servers in the east coast. Just the game isn't smart enough to dictate which server you go to during matchmaking.

univox rox

12-27-2013

bump pls east coast

SlayerVen

12-27-2013

east coast pls

iainB85

12-27-2013

Appreciate the response but your turn around time is typically abysmal for ... well, frankly, everything at this point. Hoping to see something better than words soon!

Thug

12-27-2013

I fully support East Coast/ Midwest Servers. Not for one second are West Coast servers in LA and Portland fair to East Coast players. Many east coasters get 100-125 ping which is a MASSIVE disadvantage whether people can notice it or not. I think the most fair server Locations would be in Dallas or Chicago. Dallas servers could give pretty much every single person in USA 65~ ping. Chicago servers would be about the same with most people being 70~. WEST COAST SERVERS ARE A JOKE!!!!

Nice2MeetU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2013

Please make some way to make pings on east coast lower, I cannot get used to playing game on 90 ping. The reaction time is just not fair for east coast.

SKT T1 HotshotGG

12-27-2013

Don't split the servers, just move the NA servers to a more central location.

Beastmodeterror

12-27-2013

yup watch how many new pros come out of the wood works when east coast gets a low ping