Feature request: Mono sound

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrohannesJahms

08-21-2013

As someone with no experience in game audio implementation, is it possible to automate panning with the action of the camera? Say, pan the sound to the inverse direction of where the camera is moving relative to a visual source?

Meowgan

12-26-2013

Riot: I, like some others here, suffer from some unilateral hearing loss and would much prefer having an option to keep the sound level in both headphones. I love playing with my friends and a headset with a mic is what I use while in game. However, trying to bot lane as purple team is incredibly difficult and often painful. Quiet in one ear, loud in another, and an audio blindness to the enemy team.
For the sake of people who do have various hearing issues, please consider putting in this option! We would much appreciate it.

Praeco

Composer

12-27-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

I'm sorry you have never received a response so far.

I will talk to my mates from the audio team when they come back from their christmas break about this, to see how hard such a feature in the options would be.

Apart from that, have you guys looked at getting a stereo-to-mono adapter? Something like this:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2102669

That would, essentially, be the same solution, which is boiling down the stereo to a mono signal.

Cheers,

Christian // Praeco

Urdnot Entar

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZagJoe View Post
The directional audio in LoL is absurdly poor - if the viewpoint is one pixel over from the sound orgin, it's played through that speaker only.
The list goes on. Riot needs to take a breath from adding new content and spend like 3 months just fixing bugs and other inconsistencies, and polish their game. There's a great game hiding under the layers of junk.

GildaTheGriffin

01-14-2014

It's pretty easy to make sounds mono, just go into the Windows playback devices and adjust the balance, I needed to play with one earbud in today while at work and it took all of 3 minutes to figure it out.

Sleia

02-20-2014

That doesn't work, GildaTheGriffin. My Windows playback devices don't have balance adjustments to be made.

Does anyone know of 3rd party apps/plugins for windows that can do things like this?

High Lord Bunny

02-22-2014

This isn't something that directly effects me, but I'm actually kind of interested.

League of Legends utilizes FMOD, right? I'm not so knowledgeable about FMOD 3D audio (still learning the ropes ), but from what I can understand there's a point where an angle of comparison has to be specified, and if this angle is set to 0 then FMOD assigns the other "speakers" to overlap each other. Could this be used to achieve mono, or is there still something that needs to be done with the sound specifically?

Qwerdy

02-24-2014

bump