Increase the knockup duration of Yasuo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Om Nom Diabetis

12-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
No changes planned for the Q. It feels spot on to me. Do you feel the particle extends too far or not far enough?
I've found that the particle extends about 1/4 to 1/5 the distance of the hitbox further. The sword stab itself goes directly to the end of the hitbox. There's a bit of "wind slash" that goes a little further.

P Trie

12-24-2013

Quote:
Fortunately Yasuo will grab enemies within the R's radius who are knocked airborne after his ult begins! That being said, you are still constrained by the radius of the ability's AOE.
Does this mean that his ult will last longer than the advertised one second? And if not, might it reduce a knockup time to 1 second if their knockup is initiated after his ult... I don't understand how it could take effect AFTER it's already been casted?

Fisherman Fizz

12-24-2013

I don't really have any problems using him. The only thing I can even think of is that it's sometimes hard to click on someone to ult if they're getting hit by a displacement that ISN'T a knockup (something like a Lee Sin kick) because they're moving fast and hard to click on, but even that usually isn't a problem honestly.

Nya Poptart Cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2013

Quote:
Fortunately Yasuo will grab enemies within the R's radius who are knocked airborne after his ult begins! That being said, you are still constrained by the radius of the ability's AOE.
Question, currently Yasuo Q proc's on hit's on first enemy hit, but what if his second style of q(the spin) proc'd on hits on all enemies within the circle?

NAs Best Quinn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2013

Quote:
No changes planned for the Q. It feels spot on to me. Do you feel the particle extends too far or not far enough?
The particles look like they slightly extend past the actual range.

Dèíty

12-24-2013

Wut? A CertainlyT has appeared. Seriously though I agree with you Mr. Dev, Q does feel spot on and any tweaks on the buff side will most certainly break Yasuo. Nice work by the way, the champ added something special to the melee carries. Plus it gave Fiora a place as a solid counterpick :P

FABULOUSMUSCLES

12-24-2013

i just feel it's not going in the direction that i'm aiming mostly.. i'll be hovering over the character but it will go off in a random direction..

Crimson Mutt

12-24-2013

Why not just make his Q a normal ability.
If people want smartcast, they can set it in the options.

I use smartcast range indicators myself, so if i want to aim, i hold down the button, release to fire, rightclick to cancel.
That's the same issue i have with Karthus and Nidalee's E in cougar form.

Cass, Ahri and such are not really an issue, since it's a targeted ability that doesn't have to be aimed.

Disabling range indicators for skillshots, however, is just...wrong...
It reduces readability and artificially increases skill-floor for no reason.

zilentworld

12-24-2013

Quote:
There is this hidden mechanic involved? how does this work though? like if he starts stabbing someone, then somebody got hit too, he/she will be airborne for another 1sec? or will they all fall the the same time as yasuo?

Dèíty

12-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Mutt View Post
Why not just make his Q a normal ability.
If people want smartcast, they can set it in the options.

I use smartcast range indicators myself, so if i want to aim, i hold down the button, release to fire, rightclick to cancel.
That's the same issue i have with Karthus and Nidalee's E in cougar form.

Cass, Ahri and such are not really an issue, since it's a targeted ability that doesn't have to be aimed.

Disabling range indicators for skillshots, however, is just...wrong...
It reduces readability and artificially increases skill-floor for no reason.
This is interesting, and I haven't noticed it since I force myself to learn every new ability using smartcast from the get-go. However, if this is the case, I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't see a point to removing range indicators on a skillshot at all, since I know many people play that way and they certainly should be able to do so.