Game Modes Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Painezor

12-11-2013

Rammus Football!
Teams and Champions
Red Team and Blue Team (Human) ~ 1 Lee Sin, 4 Tristanas.
Neutral Team (Bot) ~ 1 Rammus
Minions & Towers: Disabled.

Champion Abilities
Tristana:
Q/E: Normal Cooldown
Rocket Jump (20/18/15/12/10s CD) with assist/kill reset
Buster Shot (Start with 1 Point at level 1) (10/7/5s CD)

Lee Sin:
Q/W/E: regular cooldowns.
Dragon's Rage: 20/15/10 Second Cooldown. Distance kicked is triple the normal amount.

Rammus:
Reduced movement speed (-90% reduction).
Puncturing Taunt: Randomly uses this on nearest enemy. Regular cooldown.
Defensive Ball Curl now makes Rammus invincible while active, and is always active.
Power Ball: Reduced Cooldown to 5 seconds after previous powerball ends. Increased impact damage.
Ultimate: Normal Cooldown. Activated whenever it's ready.

Spawn Timers
Tristana spawn timer is 5 seconds (+1 second for every minute played)
Lee Sin spawn timer is 10 seconds (+2 seconds for every minute played)
Rammus never dies.

Game Rules
The objective is to get Rammus into the opposing team's fountain.
Enemy players may be killed as necessary. Gold gained passively. All Magma Chamber items available from shop.
Lee Sin's job is to act as a goal keeper and kick rammus (or enemy tristanas) away, Lee Sin may not pass his first tower. Tristanas must attempt to score using their rocket jumps and buster shots.

Player choices
Builds (Mobility to get around the map? CDR to shoot more? Damage to kill enemy tristanas?)
Do I kill the tristana or do I just go around her? Should I shoot this tristana away and let my teammate go for a shot? Should I knock lee sin out of the goal and let my teammates go for a shot?
Lee Sin: Should I buy wards to help with my mobility?

EDIT: Variant - 5 Lee Sins per team, each with a sight stone.
Other variants: Gragas Ulti, Alistair.
Tell me you don't think this would be fun!

iiWars

12-11-2013

I was thinking about like a rank career, where you can only play one champion forever. Unless, you want to drop your career and start fresh, but can not pick that champion again. So this would maybe in howling abyss. Maybe you can even make a rank tier for each champion. See who the best Ezreal or Vayne in NA. There might be some problems with this idea, but it could work out. You would have to learn how to counter act their build and their play style. It would be a thing I would love to see happen.

willuwontu

12-11-2013

Creeps for days

Map: Summoners rift

Differences: Instead of a pause between minion waves, they just keep coming endlessly.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2013

League tennis/volleyball: You play as vayne, lee sin, or any other champ with a displace ability. You knock a teemo back and forth across a net made of wards. You use your tumble/safeguard to reposition so you are always knocking the enemy over the net (this is why i think this works better with vayne/lee than with alistar). The cooldown on dragons rage/condemn would necessarily have to be very small. I'm not sure about the replayability of such a game mode, so maybe you could turn it into a full fledged soccer match instead?

jerradwolf

12-12-2013

Battle Royal/Survival:

10 players. Everyone against everyone.
only one life.
start at lvl 1 with increased gold income and xp with access to the shop in certain areas around the map.
killing an enemy gives you a pretty good gold reward.
no in game chat. you don't get to see the champs that other people chose.
healthpacks/boosts could be placed around the map for strategy

i think this mode would be so much fun. you would have to know when to risk going to the shop to buy, when to engage when you found someone, or when to run away.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

12-18-2013
11 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
League tennis/volleyball: You play as vayne, lee sin, or any other champ with a displace ability. You knock a teemo back and forth across a net made of wards. You use your tumble/safeguard to reposition so you are always knocking the enemy over the net (this is why i think this works better with vayne/lee than with alistar). The cooldown on dragons rage/condemn would necessarily have to be very small. I'm not sure about the replayability of such a game mode, so maybe you could turn it into a full fledged soccer match instead?

I agree with you that this idea would probably need to be a very different type of game mode, but I think that the idea has a lot of potential to be amazing. I would want there to be mechanics that would allow any champion to play in the soccer mode. Perhaps the ball is the only thing that is targetable on the map and any damage will knock it way from the player. I would want a team play mechanic worked in as well. How many players do you think would be ideal for this mode?

LightHorse

12-18-2013

I think it would be cool to have a jungle type map. There would be a ton of bushes, so you can move freely throughout them without getting caught... It would be on a map similar to Dominion. You would be blindly shooting into the bushes... People like Nidalee would be OP.

GreyGoose

12-18-2013

First, I really LOVE the reverse draft mode. My friends and I play it in arranged sometimes, but it is cumbersome to setup within the confines of the current system.

Anyway, Idea: Boss Battle! (Inspired by cho)
All 10 players select a champion to start the game. Game is broken into 10 rounds, on a magma chamber esque map. 1 player is selected at random to be the boss. They gain level 18 and full build.Other champions spawn at level 11 with a determined amound of gold. The goal of the game for the boss is to kill as many "small champs" as possible, and the goal of the smaller players is to kill the one player who is the giant boss.

Once the boss is slain, another character is rotated in as the boss until everyone gets a chance. Points are tallyed at the end for most kills as the boss, and longest time alive.

(joke) Also, obligatory "DBZ RPG" game. I'm pretty sure they're still running this gametype on WCIII servers...

Spectre Gadget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2013

I want to see them use this for things like the freljord event they had. (You may need to use larger factions, demacia vs noxus?)

Basically, you pick your icon for the faction you want to represent. Then when you enter the game mode, it pairs you up with others with the same icon. The cool part is when you go to champ select, you can only choose champions associated with that faction.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

12-19-2013
12 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrez Knivez View Post
I want to see them use this for things like the freljord event they had. (You may need to use larger factions, demacia vs noxus?)

Basically, you pick your icon for the faction you want to represent. Then when you enter the game mode, it pairs you up with others with the same icon. The cool part is when you go to champ select, you can only choose champions associated with that faction.

Yup, that is a rad idea!