In-Game sound "Lagging"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethinium

11-23-2010

Hey guys,

I can't listen to any In-game sound anymore because it makes me lag BADLY! If I'm in Teamfights with Sound on, I'm ALWAYS 500+ Ping.

Any reasons for this?

By the way, yes I have a good Computer. (Quadro Core 3000+ ghz; 5 GB RAM; 1TB Space)

I also got the newest Sound driver.

Teh Nico Robin

11-26-2010

Omg! i was just gonna post the exact same thing! What is goin on here!!!!

Teh Nico Robin

11-26-2010

OHAITHUR! I figured out our problem!!! All you gotta do is re-install! kthnxbai umadbro?

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

11-29-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey Lethinium,

Has this always been an issue, or has a recent patch caused it? There shouldn't be any reason that having audio on would increase your ping, but if you can tell us when is started happening we can look into it. Also, if re-installing fixes the problem like Niko Robin suggests please let us know.

Thanks!

Brozan

11-29-2010

Random question, but do you mean ping or FPS? Because I have massive FPS drop when sounds are enabled, but no latency issues.

Teh Nico Robin

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko Robin View Post
OHAITHUR! I figured out our problem!!! All you gotta do is re-install! kthnxbai umadbro?
I....was so wrong.. Re-installing didn't fix the problem. Also i have had this problem for months now.. The only way i can fix it is during the loading screen just before the game starts i have to go to task manager and close lol.launcher... This would be perfect but the thing with that is once you close lol.launcher and you complete a game the whole client closes so you gotta restart the game every single time.. its just a hassle is all. A fix is greatly appreciated!

P.S. OMFG A RIOT STAFF SAID MY NAME!!!!! IMMD!!!!!

DJ of War

12-24-2010

I have this same problem. This problem only happens if one of the champs or announcer speaks. Like when you click to move and they speak or you try to do a /joke. I can disable sound and not lag at all but when you turn it back on it lags again. I hope the only solution isn't to just turn all the sound off because it's no fun at all without it.

Teh Nico Robin

01-03-2011

Exactly the situation here...I dont wanna waste money on a new sound card if this can be fixed =/

DJ of War

01-11-2011

I guess no solution for this

Spāztiq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

same problems right, fix the ****...or at least respond christ