Ryze Winrate Really Low

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YGY818

12-18-2013

Riot Phreak already has spoken.

It's GG. They said Ryze is OP and your league skills suck.

His 40% win rate is too high.

Maximum KayIe

12-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLiWithBifocal View Post
I think he's still pretty good, but maybe increase his range slightly.
lol

alaskaneagle

12-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Fist Fenix View Post
Base health is now 400 (Up from 360)
Base armor is now 15(up from 11)

They tried that a while back on the PBE and I believe it should be brought to live.

considering he has to take hits from anyone, often when they are out of his range, He really should get some defensive buffs.

KSer Supreme

12-18-2013

i beat irelia toplane with ryze lastnight ;D

matrixlock

12-18-2013

I do fairly well with ryze but I don't have a good winrate with him

KSer Supreme

12-18-2013

i think people are just at a loss on how to build him maybe, just copy everything facefulofryze does.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-18-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Fist Fenix View Post
Anyone have any feedback on Ryze's balance?
just some quick thoughts on this:
- ryze is one of the more difficult champions to learn in the game—his skill ceiling is pretty high compared to his skill floor, and it's often not obvious what players need to do to get better with him.
- ryze's strength 'at his best' seems to be in an okay spot, but it's hard to talk much about it since his picks in competitive are infrequent (making the sample size small).

what those points lead me to believe is that ryze needs changes that better support his different spell rotations, and make it clear when you would want to do things one way or another. to be more plain about it: we'll probably do ryze buffs that look like miniature ability reworks instead of just making specific numbers larger/smaller, and those buffs will likely help out novice and intermediate ryze players more than expert ryze players.

justJoekingg

12-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
- ryze is one of the more difficult champions to learn in the game—his skill ceiling is pretty high compared to his skill floor, and it's often not obvious what players need to do to get better with him.
- ryze's strength 'at his best' seems to be in an okay spot, but it's hard to talk much about it since his picks in competitive are infrequent (making the sample size small).

what those points lead me to believe is that ryze needs changes that better support his different spell rotations, and make it clear when you would want to do things one way or another. to be more plain about it: we'll probably do ryze buffs that look like miniature ability reworks instead of just making specific numbers larger/smaller, and those buffs will likely help out novice and intermediate ryze players more than expert ryze players.
sounds solid! Outright buffing a Ryze wouldn't be a smart decision. But from what you're saying, you plan on making good Ryze players better while helping bad Ryze players perform more admirably, which is awesome. I think this is the better alternative.

PS- VU PLEASE. (a "safe one like Garen was)

KSer Supreme

12-18-2013

i dont think ryze is to weak atm, hes still pretty good top lane, but mid lane everybody out ranges him except maybe annie, but one does not beat annie with ryze.

Fire Fist Fenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post

Wow, that makes much more sense!
Can't wait till what your saying gets implemented into the game
Thanks ricklessabandon