Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 473 23.95%
Needs Slight alterations 625 31.65%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 877 44.41%
Voters: 1975. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phil La Pew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I did a bit of particle recoloring/retexturing. My computer is a toaster, so the quality isn't too great, but the blue/pink particles are kind of awesome. (Also, I figured out how to remove the hair loops. The gold circle is removable, too...but I didn't do it. Oops.)

Attachment 859836
holy **** yes. That is awesome!

lightdragoon88

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
That's not the correct texture. Looks like an in progress version was thrown up. We changed the head dress a bit and rebalanced colors. There's also been a bit of change to her bracers, a bit to her chest, editing of her feet, and a few other touch ups. As I said, time and resources dictate what we can do, but some polish points have been hit. Personally, I'm very satisfied within the context and theme of the skin. I think it's an elegant treatment.

But, if it's still not something everyone loves, believe me, there are many good ideas for Diana that we can try next

Black/White/Gold skin one day

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-17-2013
26 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky27 View Post
Parrot is too good to us
Well, hey, I'm just trying to be up front and honest because I'm passionate about the character. Do I realize that not everyone is going to be in love with every single piece of content we make? Absolutely. Do I understand frustration about this being her only post release skin since launch? Totally. There is no one who's salivating for more Diana skins than myself. Believe me. That's why I'm happy to finally have something coming out for her so we can get rolling on more! I very much realize the reference the skin is based on is of specific cultural reference. That has it's advantages and drawbacks. Still, within this niche, I'm looking forward to playing this skin.

AmericanCyclone

12-17-2013

Quote:
Well, hey, I'm just trying to be up front and honest because I'm passionate about the character. Do I realize that not everyone is going to be in love with every single piece of content we make? Absolutely. Do I understand frustration about this being her only post release skin since launch? Totally. There is no one who's salivating for more Diana skins than myself. Believe me. That's why I'm happy to finally have something coming out for her so we can get rolling on more! I very much realize the reference the skin is based on is of specific cultural reference. That has it's advantages and drawbacks. Still, within this niche, I'm looking forward to playing this skin.
Can we can a Bad*** American style skin next ? *wink

Finch Toast

12-17-2013

Quote:
Can you confirm or deny that her crescent will make a firework sound? O_O

LastProtagonist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2013

I think this new skin looks too much like Soraka at a glance.

Hellioning

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I did a bit of particle recoloring/retexturing. My computer is a toaster, so the quality isn't too great, but the blue/pink particles are kind of awesome. (Also, I figured out how to remove the hair loops. The gold circle is removable, too...but I didn't do it. Oops.)

Attachment 859836
I vote 'yes' for this.

Flamebinder

12-17-2013

Quote:
You honestly think scrapping the skin is a good idea? So.. kill the skin, go back to the drawing board, and have nothing for her for however many months? Don't you think that's a little unreasonable?
It's not actually unreasonable...the skin being released means Diana is less of a priority for another skin for the foreseeable future. If someone really despises the skin, they may prefer it be scrapped and see a new skin in 6 months, rather than see it released and see a new skin in 10 months (we all know this is a realistic timeline for new skins). If I hated the skin, I'd certainly be ok with it being scrapped in exchange for a new skin even 1 month sooner.

I don't actually hate the skin though - I'm just saying I can see someone who does having that viewpoint.

Neo Cyrus

12-17-2013

While you're here I might as well ask... why does she have no ears?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-17-2013
27 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWilcox13 View Post
Can we can a Bad*** American style skin next ? *wink
Well, personally, and this is JUST personal preference and is in no means in the works would be the Solari throwback skin or something Bloodlord themed.