Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 473 23.90%
Needs Slight alterations 629 31.78%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 877 44.32%
Voters: 1979. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
Yes, this skin isn't as good as it should've been. But, instead of calling it "very low quality" and "unimaginative", why can't you just call it "rushed" instead? It was indeed rushed, by IronStylus' own admission. It's not as good as it should've been, because they didn't give it the proper amount of time to ensure that it is done right.

Frankly, the "release new champions with one new skin" bull**** needs to stop. If we had a wider variety of starting skins to choose from, I sincerely doubt that we would be having this conversation, because Diana would have 2-3 skins already and probably have something for everyone.

I mean, champions are being released slower and slower, and that means there needs to be a corresponding increase in other types of content. But no, skin releases are fewer and farther between, and champions are being released with a single skin. The only thing we got in compensation were a couple of events that meant nothing in the long run.
If Diana had been released with two skins like Leona, I don't think people would really care about this skin.

Leona's release was great because her default was in the middle and you could have a skin of her in more armor (Defender) or less armor (Valkyrie). We didn't really get that option with Diana.

I honestly would've rather seen a counterpart to Defender than Valkyrie for Diana's release, but that's just me.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-17-2013
25 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaest View Post
Hey, there's another change in this PBE patch!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-05S25Pwu6E...s1600/eeee.png
Her headdress was changed a little.
*Ahem...* Well...
Yup, nothing serious. But we're getting there, I suppose.
That's not the correct texture. Looks like an in progress version was thrown up. We changed the head dress a bit and rebalanced colors. There's also been a bit of change to her bracers, a bit to her chest, editing of her feet, and a few other touch ups. As I said, time and resources dictate what we can do, but some polish points have been hit. Personally, I'm very satisfied within the context and theme of the skin. I think it's an elegant treatment.

But, if it's still not something everyone loves, believe me, there are many good ideas for Diana that we can try next

Finch Toast

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
That's not the correct texture. Looks like an in progress version was thrown up. We changed the head dress a bit and rebalanced colors. There's also been a bit of change to her bracers, a bit to her chest, editing of her feet, and a few other touch ups. As I said, time and resources dictate what we can do, but some polish points have been hit. Personally, I'm very satisfied within the context and theme of the skin. I think it's an elegant treatment.

But, if it's still not something everyone loves, believe me, there are many good ideas for Diana that we can try next
Thanks for the update wonderful parrot overlord

DarkflameShyvana

12-17-2013

Quote:

Did you do any particle updates Iron?

Finch Toast

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkflameShyvana View Post
Did you do any particle updates Iron?
From what im aware there were already particles done but they still havent been put on the pbe

Edit: Was I the only one who got to read ghost post below me that then disappeared O-O

ArmySquirrel

12-17-2013

Quote:
Personally, I'm very satisfied within the context and theme of the skin. I think it's an elegant treatment.
I am too personally, and look forward to seeing the changes!

AmericanCyclone

12-17-2013

Quote:

Any idea when we'll be able to see the particles ?

Wolféran Maximus

12-17-2013

Quote:

Just release the full skin already so I can make my choice on getting or not.
Hope her third skin makes me say: "OMG! Instant buy!".

Edit: I still have hopes for her second skin IronStylus.

Pinky27

12-17-2013

Parrot is too good to us

Artifictional

12-17-2013

Quote:

How about giving us the old, high quality Dark Valkyrie Diana back. It's pretty condescending to us to have changed her because "they'll confuse her with syndra"