@Riot, Please respond!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mike4Real

12-02-2013

Bumperino

AcydRayne

12-03-2013

I am having the same issues. Mine lags after every death and I am stuck in a black screen for about a minute after the game is over. I don't notice lag spikes like you mentioned, but the first 10 seconds are laggy and that is it. Mostly its just the black screen and freezing on death or when you are about die that are getting in the way of playing. I play zyra a lot, and as of right now I can't because my screen freezes.

KPXT32

12-10-2013

hey i have been getting the lag to windows some times and then it wont do it but my friends always loads quick Thanks

Mike4Real

12-17-2013

Bump. Still wanna know what causes number3 and connecting to the game slowly. Here's a Reddit tread about people complaining with the same issue:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...at_11_seconds/

A few people here seem to think its hard drive related. I'm still curious if its my hard drive, RAM, or CPU that causes my limitation.

EDIT: The freezing upon death issue is more important than this, since you guys only have a limited amount of time before the patch (and I don't think you guys will do a Mac hotfix) you should focus on that problem first.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

12-17-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4Real View Post
Bump. Still wanna know what causes number3 and connecting to the game slowly. Here's a Reddit tread about people complaining with the same issue:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...at_11_seconds/

A few people here seem to think its hard drive related. I'm still curious if its my hard drive, RAM, or CPU that causes my limitation.

EDIT: The freezing upon death issue is more important than this, since you guys only have a limited amount of time before the patch (and I don't think you guys will do a Mac hotfix) you should focus on that problem first.
It's likely a combination of CPU/Slow Hard Drive. Although, if you are maxing out your RAM paging would also slow down your load time.
I don't believe it is a Mac specific problem as I've seen windows user's report the same issue.

Things that might help:
Clean up space on your harddrive. Especially older drives start to lose major performance when they are ~75% allocated. I have this problem on my desktop at home frequently. I always leave at least 250GB free on my 1TB drive.
After cleaning defrag your drive using something like smartDefrag (free trial available in no way endorsed by Riot, use at your own risk yada, yada)

Mike4Real

12-17-2013

Thanks for the reply, I had posted my logs on page 2 after you asked for them, dunno if you saw, but I guess maybe we can't tell what the bottleneck is from those.

I have a 250GB TOSHIBA MK2555GSXF hard drive from 2010. I have 143GB/250GB used. I suppose thats over 50% but im not at 75%. I think I'll be getting an external drive soon, so I might test some things with that, but we'll see.

Again I thank you for the reply but I must mention the death freezing issue, which will destroy the Snowdown expierence for us. Please keep us updated on what you need from us, and what progress is being made over here:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...4075762&page=3