@Riot The skill range in Bronze needs to be reconciled.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashes Boobs

12-16-2013

There are these things called 'tiers' that separate players in bronze from each other.

Sword of Aeons

12-16-2013

Coal League, Paper League, Gravel League, Dirt League, Teemo League...

Banuvan

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Boobs View Post
There are these things called 'tiers' that separate players in bronze from each other.
That mean nothing really when you throw in gold players into the bronze league because they are duo with others.

Zosma

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphrihaim View Post
Bronze
Steel
Silver
Gold
Diamond
Platinum
Challenger

I think that'd be a fun way to have rankings, don't you? :3
cept silver aint much bettah then bronze

Zosma

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizam0ngler View Post
no i agree completely w/ OP..

everyone in Bronze league is retarded and feeds. then they all fight in the champion select because they wanted that lane and then we get auto lockers and trolls. Bronze League is the biggest pain in my ass. i've lost basically every game i've lost in ranked b/c of trolls, afk, auto lock, and just plain dumb asses.

It's completely frustrating especially when i feel that I'm pretty good at the game and i could definitely be in Silver V if they would just ban all the idiot trolls tbh. the tribunal needs to be so much harsher on those kind of players.
I know what you mean but think about it,not everyone in bronze is bad sure most people are, but people like you and me could go higher because i am like bronze 1 75 Lp in fact would be in silver but riot decided to crash my client...

Legitable NA

12-16-2013

Doesn't the league system not already cover the skill discrepancy? I.e., Those who are in bronze 5 are worse then those in bronze 4 or 3?

Niqhtmare x

12-16-2013

There needs to be another league above diamond too.

Diamond 1 alone has the elo range of two divisions, and it's just a tier (1/5 a division). Diamond 1 is like 2000 elo to 2800 elo (800 elo), and silver division is like 1000-1400 elo (400 elo).

Am I the only one who sees a problem to this?

DriedPrunes

12-16-2013

Bronze, Silver and Gold and everything below Diamond 3 is trash. There isn't much difference between how the divisions approach the game

Mokkun

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriedPrunes View Post
Bronze, Silver and Gold and everything below Diamond 3 is trash. There isn't much difference between how the divisions approach the game
I know people love repeating this kind of sentiment, but it's still an exceedingly ignorant statement.

At any point that you get a whole league in difference, (to be measured as 5 tiers separation minimum) the difference in quality is staggering.

Furthermore, bronze and silver have huge skill ranges because they encompass so large a percentage of the population. There is a 25% of the playerbase difference between S5 and S1. For Bronze, there is a 45% difference between the top and the bottom.

Blindly stating "everyone below X level is trash," is not even particularly relevant. Even if you believe it, there are levels of trash, and the levels can get quite far apart.

Pusha Teemo

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atzero View Post
There is an utterly massive skill differential within Bronze league, that is too big to ignore. You all know what I am talking about. There are people within bronze with decent mechanics, and poor decision making. There are people with decent decision making, and poor mechanics. Then there are people who have no idea what the **** is going on, no idea how to play their champion, utter ****-tier mechanics, and zero decision making skills. Again, you all know what I am talking about. "FIRST TIME VARUS, PLZ DONT REPORT", who proceeds to go 0/11/2 with 55 cs by 35 minutes, to the other adc who goes 14/5/8 with 220 cs.

I am not claiming to be good at this game. I am not. I am in Bronze for a reason. But I do know this: I am better than the bottom half of Bronze.

Bottom line: There needs to be another league created above or below bronze, because the skill range is far to wide.

Before anyone tells me to carry myself out, yeah I would love to. One problem, Im not a gold level player, or above. I cant analyze my replays, I cant really learn my from mistakes until im sitting at respawn. The average team fight lasts all of 5 seconds. I cant replay it in my head. Im not a good player. All I am saying is I know that I should focus the ADC, get dragon when no one is around to contest it, prioritize cs, etc, which is a massively far cry from some of the rabble in Bronze.

TL;DR: There is a big difference between "God ****ing awful", and "You have a lot of work to do". One is interested in improving, but doesn't know how, the other isnt interested at all.
I kinda get what you are saying, but after climbing Bronze 5 to Plat 5 (in a day or two granted Gold 1 atm) in the last year...Honestly I don't really agree, yes people play bad for different reasons even at Plat mmr I see people counter pick themselves, afk, and even intentionally feed. I see people make the same mistakes over and over be it mechanics or decision making or what have you. People are where they are for a reason, if anything Diamond 1 is where there needs to be another division, thankfully they're expanding challenger but there was a massive skill difference between 0-30lp 30-60, 60-90 and 90+.

Some people get carried and have all the luck in the world, some people get afks every match because they don't. At the end of the day there doesn't need to be another bracket in the bottom tier, I played with a bronze person the other day, the people we were against are so much worse than me it isn't even funny, I'm not saying this to be rude or stroke my epeen but if you really deserve say gold, plat, or even diamond...against bronzies you should be snowballing so hard every game the other team will be surrendering at 20 all day.