Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 479 24.11%
Needs Slight alterations 629 31.66%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 879 44.24%
Voters: 1987. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zyras Honey Pot

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyclone Joker View Post
To be honest with you, I'd rather have a skin without a theme that looks amazing than a skin with a clear theme that looks meh or bad.
This. Sometimes you just want a skin to look good even if it might not be thematically relevant. Thematic elements that are cohesive with the character are nice, but if it doesn't look visually appealing then I don't really care about the theme... (And am more likely to disregard the skin)

LaxIsBack

12-16-2013

well parrot, thanks for the clarifications, but gonna better pass this skin and hope for the next one to be better.

Komori Kiri

12-16-2013

Well the thing is... Yes, IronStylus, 6 monthes is a lot. For you it's not long, because it is your job. For us it is long, because it is our daily fun. I'm a game developper and I perfectly know the difference between "player schedule" (I hope it will be released next week) and "dev schedule" (oh it's december 2014 already ?). Be aware of that. You can't say to a player "oh it's just 6 monthes" and expect them to be happy about it.

I waited 1.5 years for a Diana skin. So yes, I'm sad about it. Because of your politic about releasing champions with only one skin (which is totally wtf since you release champions every 2 monthes now), we have to stick for 1.5 year with only one skin. If the skin is meh, you don't have a second chance. Historically I always found 1 of the 2 skins OK. Now I'm always buying champions without any skin. You're losing money, I'm losing fun.

( Not even talking of those illustrations changes. Or "the day I stopped playing bird or prey anivia". Or "the day my wife and I stopped playing human kassadin". (holy moly this one is terrible) Please stop doing this, it's infuriating. We bought them with real money. You're changing our product. It's really unfair. )

Anyway. I'm sad. 46% of people here are sad. Yes you won't scrap this skin, we all know it, you won't even change it a lot because we all know it's a lot of work and you can't do it.

But if you really care about your player, release a new Diana skin before march 2014.
-

Rauron

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Why does this skin mean no Diana skins for a while?
It always has, except for the extremely popular champions (e.g. Teemo and Annie).

Zyras Honey Pot

12-16-2013

Quote:
Why does this skin mean no Diana skins for a while? We're talking what.. 6 months or more? I don't feel that's the end of the world. Also, if we have an opportunity, then we'll make something new and awesome.
I think part of the disappointment here is that the bolded section is pretty much what we were promised for this particular skin and the reception is...well you obviously can see that. People were really excited to see the new Diana skin and this wasn't what most people expected or wanted it seems. If people were let down once what makes the next skin any more likely to satisfy anyone if it's accompanied by the same promise? I'm not trying to bash anyone obviously because I have nothing but respect for the skin team and you in particular, but most people really seem to view this as a failure to deliver.

Xonu

12-16-2013

Quote:
Why does this skin mean no Diana skins for a while? We're talking what.. 6 months or more? I don't feel that's the end of the world. Also, if we have an opportunity, then we'll make something new and awesome. As I've said, she would have had a skin out earlier except that skin was pushed in order to make room for Lunar Revel. In all honesty, that proposed skin was more like the "Eclipse Diana", but honestly, I wasn't really happy with it in it's simplicity, and it would have crowded out other skins. The Change'E inspiration was elegant, unique, and something we'd certainly not get a chance to do for a while. So, even if you're not partial to it, we've at least got it checked off the list and can move onto more ideas that hopefully you will like.
[Disclaimer] I'm aware the skin is marked as unfinished, but I doubt there will be many more major changes despite particle effects (I believe).

Context: You've noted that you wanted a more elegant skin for her, and by referencing from Chang'e, you've done just that, but you've fallen way short. Chang'e is one of the most extravagant Chinese goddesses there is, and this Diana skin is nothing but silk cloth and a tad bit of armor. Something Chang'e is notable for is her "dolled-up" hairstyles. In nearly every Chinese depiction of her, she has something floral or gracious and natural going on with her hair. Chang'e is not depicted with armor. I can see why you'd add armor (as Diana is a warrior, no doubt), but it feels wrong to balance the addition of it by taking away something so key to the way Chang'e is portrayed and still say she's based off of her.

Supporting images:
http://www.chinese4kids.net/wp-conte...20-300x203.png
http://traditions.cultural-china.com...a4873088f1.jpg
http://s1.uri1.com/image/836/6859592...1504ca7652.jpg
http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/blog/...r-festival.jpg
http://www.chan6es.com/uploads/5/0/4...63/8873428.jpg

The way you have her hair braided and such is great, but you've honestly only gone half way. Please finish the job. This skin for Diana needs to make a statement, she hasn't had one in ages. You've stated that the previous skin you were working on for her displeased you with it's simplicity, and in return you've only made a softer and simple version of a gracious Chinese goddess; you've changed the style, not it's complexity.

Rauron

12-16-2013

Quote:
I understand the lack of some transparency, and I'll do what I can to advocate for more. I don't know if that'll happen. Not everyone is as active as I am or likes.. ya know.. writing.
Straight up: That's not gonna happen. Incoming skins, pricing, lore, these are areas where there just isn't transparency, and there will continue to be none. I don't know why, and it's pretty frustrating, but after a few years there's no point in thinking otherwise.

Terragnar

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d242cebc598b32da71cc View Post
Well the thing is...
-
You can't please everyone. Besides, 46% of forum votes don't include the entire playerbase. It's not even 1/100 of that.

Komori Kiri

12-16-2013

46% of "scrap this skin" is super-rare. Honnestly, I rarely seen this in the last 3 or 4 years. (if ever)

This topic is 65 pages long for a reason.

Zyras Honey Pot

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d242cebc598b32da71cc View Post
46% of "scrap this skin" is super-rare. Honnestly, I rarely seen this in the last 3 or 4 years. (if ever)

This topic is 65 pages long for a reason.
The only thing to compare it to is Steel Legion Lux