Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 472 23.94%
Needs Slight alterations 624 31.64%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 876 44.42%
Voters: 1972. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoshuaRobinnn

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWilcox13 View Post
Couldn't stress this enough. It seriously does.
I know right? There might be some in game readability issues but the biggest issue is that this just looks like the Karma rework. Remove one of her stockings and she's Karma.

DarkflameShyvana

12-16-2013

I'd like to say while you're here Stylus, the walking animations on the new skin are absolutely fabulous. I like them the most about the new skin.

I was skeptical at first but I feel that it's better ingame and the PBE pictures don't do her justice. Looking forward to the (possible) new skill animations.

Nerv CEO

12-16-2013

this skin is ugly as hell. Not even worth anyone's times.

Kyriella

12-16-2013

Our Parrot Keeps coming back <3 Ty so much for the responses and for the input to our suggestions Frankly I do enjoy this skin and regardless of the changes, I will buy this skin because of how beautiful it is and I need to finally get my Diana a skin. And people do need to realize its not just our say int he matter about this skin. Sure NA might have a problem with it, but maybe Korea, or Russia, or other countries wont care. We have our say, but I'm pretty sure a majority of the entire League community Globally wont care, but I'm glad that we at least had our voices heard regardless of how little of us that actually wanted some changes for it.

Hellioning

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
This is very much a matter of taste, for a particular skin, for a character which will have many more in her lifetime. I realize the reaction is a mix of feelings very much based on the fact that she hasn't had a skin since launch. That's completely understandable. I'd just like to remind everyone to have a calm approach when reacting to content. Think of the realities, remember that we're always ideating and making new skins and it should leave you with some peace. This isn't the last chance.

Diana will be around for a long time. There are many ideas floating around for her. She's not as intensive as some characters out there to create skins for. Players who love her really love her. Don't worry, more content will come for her.

All that being said, I think this thread has been really informative and helpful. A lot or a little might come from the feedback given. We're on timelines, we have a very talented team, we make informed choices. We're going to deliver something that we feel is appropriate and we're going to keep making new content all the time for people who's taste differs from the flavor that this skin provides.
While I agree with you in principle, and I admire how your 'hardline stance' is a lot nicer then most people's 'trying to be lenient', I feel you missed the one point that the original post actually made. This skin means no new Diana skins for a while. That makes sense, don't want to focus too much on one champion. The problem is how long is 'a while'? Is it however long it took Zyra to get a new skin? How about Soraka? Karma?

You get to see the failed skin concepts. You know how far along Dragon Master Swain is (assuming that's still a thing). We don't. As far as we know, whoever leads the skin team is forcing everyone to make Teemo and Annie skins because Phreak likes them. While I agree his post was hyperbolic and unhelpful, I have to sympathize. You have issues with proper skin releases. I feel sorry for all the Yorick mains.

Prototype909

12-16-2013

It'd be easier to swallow "There will be another skin" if Riot's track record on actually releasing new skins in a timely fashion wasn't so awful, especially for champions who traditionally don't get many skins to begin with.

People's expectations ride so high strictly BECAUSE the release schedules are so awful, you basically have one shot per year at getting a skin for any 1 champion you want. Sometimes not even that.

Nerv CEO

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Gunna take a slightly hard line when responding so this, so excuse me, not trying to be confrontational, just trying to keep it all in perspective.

There are some amazing skin concepts floating around for her. I know of two of them off-hand. The "Eclipse Diana" and the Blood Moon Diana. Both great concepts. However, Eclipse Diana, to myself and the team, doesn't actually equate to a theme. It's ambiguous at best. It is mostly akin to a recolor, and has a lot of detail that wouldn't break down very well in the game. Is it a beautiful piece of splash art? Yes. Will it make the most becoming in-game asset? My feeling is no.

As for Blood Moon Diana, indeed, that's a really great concept, but wasn't quite pushed enough. Do I think it has legs as a concept? Absolutely, it would just need to be pushed and have the right support behind it. I also feel it might have been a bit of a departure in some ways with the kimono. I'm not sure Diana's silhouette would have been preserved.

About the second half of your feedback, you're taking a pretty hyperbolic approach I feel. Emotions such as disappointment, hatred, grief, sorrow, anger, confusion and shock are pretty strong emotions when we're just talking about a little piece of content for a big game. Rest assured, there will be plenty of opportunities for more Diana skins. There's going to be many chances. A skin would have been out for her sooner but Lunar Revel appeared to be a good a time as any to make something special for her. I concepted about 6 new skins for her before we decided to make a Lunar Revel skin. All of those concepts are viable, and some of them will be done in the future.

On that point, it's only one of many themes we can apply to Diana. Indeed, the Change'E reference it's an Eastern trope, but you're saying that a small part of the player base will appreciate that. I very much disagree. Our player base is not NA alone, nor just these forums alone. The player base is millions of people worldwide. Please keep that in consideration.

This is very much a matter of taste, for a particular skin, for a character which will have many more in her lifetime. I realize the reaction is a mix of feelings very much based on the fact that she hasn't had a skin since launch. That's completely understandable. I'd just like to remind everyone to have a calm approach when reacting to content. Think of the realities, remember that we're always ideating and making new skins and it should leave you with some peace. This isn't the last chance.

Diana will be around for a long time. There are many ideas floating around for her. She's not as intensive as some characters out there to create skins for. Players who love her really love her. Don't worry, more content will come for her.

All that being said, I think this thread has been really informative and helpful. A lot or a little might come from the feedback given. We're on timelines, we have a very talented team, we make informed choices. We're going to deliver something that we feel is appropriate and we're going to keep making new content all the time for people who's taste differs from the flavor that this skin provides.
If it is a small piece of content in a big game and most people think it is a garbage skin then don't price it at 975. Unless you are a dishonest company and dont give 2 damns. I dont know what game riot is playing but they can only release sub par skins with nice splashes and terrible in game models for so long before the community just gets fed up. Your arrogance in this thread saying things like "we may not make any changes", "it is just a small piece of content" is unnacceptable. If you guys wanna save face scrap the skin and remake it to not look like some ugly lvl 10 world of warcraft priest armor.

RavenHusky

12-16-2013

Stylus, since you're here, can you please let us know what's going on with our next Lux skin? It's been a year since Steel Legion Lux was revealed, and we haven't heard anything else on the subject since April, except for a possible texture update when someone feels like getting around to it.

I'm afraid that our skin is going to meet the same fate as Karma's considering how long we've been waiting for a good non-military skin.

Eternalizer

12-16-2013

I don't really care for the skin myself - not my style. It looks fine to me though in terms of quality. My feedback (and unfortunately I don't think it's something that will change) is that it doesn't feel like it's worth 975RP to me. This looks like a 750 skin. The only thing that seems to justify 975 is the new animation on R, which looks inferior to the normal R animation in my opinion.

Lord Gildarts

12-16-2013

To me the face on her is ugly.