Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 472 23.94%
Needs Slight alterations 624 31.64%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 876 44.42%
Voters: 1972. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wobiwobi

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch Toast View Post
Dis coloring maybe? Downvote and upvote to show me how you feel about it
I would say less pink more red/dark red on her dress... I will hold with downvote/upvote because I like that black x pink (red?) x a bit of gold combination but on the other hand... hair loop and colored hair is no for me. I think that her hair should just end with either black or white (ultimately dark blue) since other colors don't fit her hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Anyways, I'm not so sure about the colored hair. It looks a bit too...artificial. DV Diana has the same problem of a weird-looking hair color. Some champions look great with an atypical hair color (Jinx, Vi, Sona)...but not Diana.
^ this... black or white hair ftw

black or white hair + good robe combination of/balance between black and (not too) bright/vivid colors (like red or blue or purple but not yellow or pink) + modified model of hair&sleeves would be good change ... now the question is if giving her normal long sleeves and removing hair loops/moving them on side of her hair would be very time "eating" process, because changing color pallets shouldn't be something hard to do with their skills and software

Finch Toast

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobiwobi View Post
I would say less pink more red/dark red on her dress... I will hold with downvote/upvote because I like that black x pink (red?) x a bit of gold combination but on the other hand... hair loop and colored hair is no for me. I think that her hair should just end with either black or white (ultimately dark blue) since other colors don't fit her hair.

^ this... black or white hair ftw

black or white hair + good robe combination of/balance between black and (not too) bright/vivid colors (like red or blue or purple but not yellow or pink) + modified model of hair&sleeves would be good change ... now the question is if giving her normal long sleeves and removing hair loops/moving them on side of her hair would be very time "eating" process, because changing color pallets shouldn't be something hard to do with their skills and software
Thought on this one?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hairloopvari.jpg (128.5 KB, 164 views)

AmericanCyclone

12-16-2013

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ana_Render.png

^ Still nothing more ballin'.

JoshuaRobinnn

12-16-2013

Just want the skin to not look like Karma Diana

AmericanCyclone

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaRobinnn View Post
Just want the skin to not look like Karma Diana
Couldn't stress this enough. It seriously does.

Itsa me Morganio

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch Toast View Post
Thought on this one?
I love this recolour, as well as the new position of the loops.

JK6 FORCE

12-16-2013

Hope you guys know they can't do this all day. Like, they have to send out a model sometime.

I kinda hope Diana would be like Leona, all her skins being great becuase each of them have a special something. Not this skin is BAD, just, really simple. Kinda hoping for good particles on her next one. Iron tried, and for that, we thank you.

Komori Kiri

12-16-2013

IronStylus, will we have a Diana skinn more in line with the original one one day ? I have all Leona skins. But I won't buy any Diana skin. It's sad. Leona skins are all in line with Leona lore and character. Bathing Suit Leona is great. Very fun and efficient. I'm waiting for a real diana skin since *1 year and a half now*. That's a long time don't you think ? You can experiment on champions that have 8 skins already. Experimenting on champions that have only one, which is not really plebiscited... Is not cool.

Diana need light armor, no cleavage, and warrioresque. She's an assassin... A studed leather assassin, with some metal here and there. Sorry but this silk doll is just totally out of place. I'm really, really, really sad.

I have something like 150 skins. Diana is my favorite character and I still have none. And I won't have any for 1 year more.

Sigh...

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-16-2013
22 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobiwobi View Post
I'm pretty sure that battle bunny Riven was community/fan made idea that was accepted by majority of community/Riven players... same goes for Beach (Pool Party) Leona and other fan made ideas

same goes for Diana, we also have at least 3 amazing and gorgeous fan made concepts for her skin but instead we got this... and as you see this skin have opposite reaction than battle bunny Riven = disappointment/hatred/grief/sorrow/anger/confusion/shock... and now we just heard from main designer that "we probably won't have enough time to make serious changes for this skin" yee because you guys added it on PBE one week before Christmas/Winter Holidays when you guys take break from work... they got tons of feedback but they can't use it at all because of lack of time where is logic in this?

I know right? I'm asking the same question whole time in my head... it's like: let's make skin that will disappoint most of players/Diana fans and that will be bought by small/micro part of them so our profit will be tragic... **** LOGIC HARD
Gunna take a slightly hard line when responding so this, so excuse me, not trying to be confrontational, just trying to keep it all in perspective.

There are some amazing skin concepts floating around for her. I know of two of them off-hand. The "Eclipse Diana" and the Blood Moon Diana. Both great concepts. However, Eclipse Diana, to myself and the team, doesn't actually equate to a theme. It's ambiguous at best. It is mostly akin to a recolor, and has a lot of detail that wouldn't break down very well in the game. Is it a beautiful piece of splash art? Yes. Will it make the most becoming in-game asset? My feeling is no.

As for Blood Moon Diana, indeed, that's a really great concept, but wasn't quite pushed enough. Do I think it has legs as a concept? Absolutely, it would just need to be pushed and have the right support behind it. I also feel it might have been a bit of a departure in some ways with the kimono. I'm not sure Diana's silhouette would have been preserved.

About the second half of your feedback, you're taking a pretty hyperbolic approach I feel. Emotions such as disappointment, hatred, grief, sorrow, anger, confusion and shock are pretty strong emotions when we're just talking about a little piece of content for a big game. Rest assured, there will be plenty of opportunities for more Diana skins. There's going to be many chances. A skin would have been out for her sooner but Lunar Revel appeared to be a good a time as any to make something special for her. I concepted about 6 new skins for her before we decided to make a Lunar Revel skin. All of those concepts are viable, and some of them will be done in the future.

On that point, it's only one of many themes we can apply to Diana. Indeed, the Change'E reference it's an Eastern trope, but you're saying that a small part of the player base will appreciate that. I very much disagree. Our player base is not NA alone, nor just these forums alone. The player base is millions of people worldwide. Please keep that in consideration.

This is very much a matter of taste, for a particular skin, for a character which will have many more in her lifetime. I realize the reaction is a mix of feelings very much based on the fact that she hasn't had a skin since launch. That's completely understandable. I'd just like to remind everyone to have a calm approach when reacting to content. Think of the realities, remember that we're always ideating and making new skins and it should leave you with some peace. This isn't the last chance.

Diana will be around for a long time. There are many ideas floating around for her. She's not as intensive as some characters out there to create skins for. Players who love her really love her. Don't worry, more content will come for her.

All that being said, I think this thread has been really informative and helpful. A lot or a little might come from the feedback given. We're on timelines, we have a very talented team, we make informed choices. We're going to deliver something that we feel is appropriate and we're going to keep making new content all the time for people who's taste differs from the flavor that this skin provides.

Finch Toast

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsa me Morganio View Post
I love this recolour, as well as the new position of the loops.
Im glad you like it. I also am a fan of the loop placement there. I honestly had no idea who Chang E was so the loop placement in the real model didn't do anything for me without the background information for me. If they were able to do a model update i wish that would do something like this because it references it with the loops but isn't so trying to be that where design is sacrificed and instead would be a nice design accent with a reference to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK6 FORCE View Post
Hope you guys know they can't do this all day. Like, they have to send out a model sometime.

I kinda hope Diana would be like Leona, all her skins being great becuase each of them have a special something. Not this skin is BAD, just, really simple. Kinda hoping for good particles on her next one. Iron tried, and for that, we thank you.
That's most likely why posts have slowed down since Iron said last night he had to tell them today. he stated if you had any ideas than to hurry up and put them out there. I did place one out before then but i was too tired at the time to really look at my variation. Even though its too late now I'm editing mine regardless to still keep a slow flow of ideas going in the thread.