Anyone else having Bug Splat issues?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirtyStan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2013

I queued into Ranked today and got into champ select, everything's fine. Connection is fine, no lag whatsoever.

The game starts and after about a minute I get a "Cannot connect to server" error and it sends me back to the client. I try again and I get a Bug Splat. Again, and another Bug Splat. I get frustrated since I won't connect and I'd end up being behind in my lane (I was top). I restart the client and re-log, and try again and again. Still the same error.

Eventually I have to restart my computer and by the time I actually manage to connect we're 11 minutes in, and I'm a level 1 Kayle versus a fed level 10 Mordekaiser who's already on my inner turret.

Needless to say we surrendered at 20 minutes and everyone blames each other (although a lot was directed at me) and I lose 19 LP.

Anyone else having these issues? They just started on me today and I'm about to go into game again to see if it'll work this time.

RiotTyphon

Development Communications Coordinator

12-16-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirtyStan View Post
I queued into Ranked today and got into champ select, everything's fine. Connection is fine, no lag whatsoever.

The game starts and after about a minute I get a "Cannot connect to server" error and it sends me back to the client. I try again and I get a Bug Splat. Again, and another Bug Splat.
Bug Splats are generally related to a hardware configuration problem or a corrupted installation. We have a KB about bug splats here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...plat-Solutions

Most likely, in my experience, the cause of the problem is due to a corrupted game installation (due to the recent patch not installing correctly) or that you need to update your graphics drivers (due to the recent patch, we may be utilizing a more recent update for your card). I would suggest starting there, and if the problem continues, to submit a support ticket here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com

SirtyStan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTyphon View Post
Bug Splats are generally related to a hardware configuration problem or a corrupted installation. We have a KB about bug splats here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...plat-Solutions

Most likely, in my experience, the cause of the problem is due to a corrupted game installation (due to the recent patch not installing correctly) or that you need to update your graphics drivers (due to the recent patch, we may be utilizing a more recent update for your card). I would suggest starting there, and if the problem continues, to submit a support ticket here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com
Thank you for the prompt reply!

But I've actually very recently updated my graphics driver because I needed to update it so that XCOM: Enemy Unknown would stop crashing, and I haven't had download/update issues with my LoL client at all.

It was just a one-time thing (played another game and nothing happened) but when it does happen it really kills the experience for everyone on the team.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was having those problems.

sutsith

12-16-2013

I'm getting the same unable to connect to server, check your firewall status bs message. Nothing has changed on my computer since i played 7 hours ago. I am able to logon to the EU server but i can't get into my NA account.

Interwebster

12-16-2013

Yeah this has been happening to me for 2 patches now, i have reinstalled once and repaired twice and it has still been happening. I created a thread in the support forums but it was ignored.

KAPTINFANCY

12-16-2013

not me