Better give us a compensation for this..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadyne View Post
Software compatibility falls on the fault of the developer, not the user.
What software issues are you talking about? Have you tried running any of the tests provided by riot to determine where your issues are coming from?

Whenever you send information to a server (lets say riot game server) it has to bounce through many servers and travel across many backhauls to get to its destination. Your connection is NOT a direct line to riot and they have no control over how your trafic is routed through to them.

These issues happen when the intermediary hops are throttling (slowing down or dropping) information due to load or perceived importance.

Unless you post some information on why your specific connection is failing then riot has no one to contact on your behalf to try to resolve your issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSuperfoxman View Post
I am not sure why you are getting down voted either, it was a very well thought out response and indeed was a routing problem with an ISP whom we have no control over.

Ooh I'm used to it ^^.

I do tech support for a company that specializes in rural highspeed wireless connections.... You wouldn't believe the number of customers who don't understand what things like wet sticky snow or unscheduled power outages does to a group of towers which all feed eachother.

Azerain

12-15-2013

Quote:
I am not sure why you are getting down voted either, it was a very well thought out response and indeed was a routing problem with an ISP whom we have no control over.
It didnt agree with the OP's circle jerk.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2013

Ooh a bump but since I mentioned running riot's tests... More information and the correct forum to post responses in would be....

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4116742

<3

Riot Superfoxman

NOC Technician

12-15-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Ooh a bump but since I mentioned running riot's tests... More information and the correct forum to post responses in would be....

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4116742

<3
That's correct. Whenever you are having issue, using the diagnostic tool we provide helps immensely for tracking down the root cause.

Tyrannus0

Recruiter

12-15-2013

We are not getting compensation for this if we didn't get any for 3.9

Boyahda

12-15-2013

Look on the bright side. We're not on EUW.

Eyrgos

12-15-2013

pingzapper.com fixes all your issues.

Third-party routing companies throlling your LoL, recognizing it as packet loss is NOT RIOT's FAULT.

The problem lies in your ISP dealing with shady/unethical third-parties...

Ran into this problem with FFXIV, TWC in the SoCal area routes through TATA Communications which throttles & view FFXIV as a P2P Software... resulting in massive rubberbanding/LAAAG.

Riot Superfoxman

NOC Technician

12-15-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
pingzapper.com fixes all your issues.

Third-party routing companies throlling your LoL, recognizing it as packet loss is NOT RIOT's FAULT.

The problem lies in your ISP dealing with shady/unethical third-parties...

Ran into this problem with FFXIV, TWC in the SoCal area routes through TATA Communications which throttles & view FFXIV as a P2P Software... resulting in massive rubberbanding/LAAAG.
I have been hearing a lot of people in the states having issues with routing to FFXIV servers. I myself would invest in a VPN service, I cant stand lag.

Eyrgos

12-16-2013

Quote:
I have been hearing a lot of people in the states having issues with routing to FFXIV servers. I myself would invest in a VPN service, I cant stand lag.
Yeah... it's sort of a disaster. VPN service completely solves it, I'd advise it for anybody!

The game itself is phenomenal though, I never thought I'd get back into an MMO... but FFXIV is absolutely incredible. Doesn't change up the old formula so much, but it's just so incredibly polished & everything is so intuitively designed... particularly, the bosses/encounters are brilliant & often ridiculously challenging (a plus for me, who's found most raids too boring/easy/stale these days).

I would say it's elevated from other MMO's out there. It has so much for the casual and the hardcore, ff-fans and those not acquainted.

Back on the VPN thing though, it most definitely is Tata Communications that's f*cking a lot of people over here in the state with unethical throttling of their classified p2p's.

Time Warner Cable contracts out to them, but denies any comment as to their business-partner's malpractices.

Best Evelynn NA

12-16-2013

stop outsourcing
problem fixed.